It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophets of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Peace to all of you,

I do not mean to rouse hatred from anyone,
but rather, call attention to a point that really disgusts me on this forum.

I see a lot of posts where people judge what is wrong (and I do not exclude this from being one of them)
but there are not enough posts where people teach what is right.

If you really must consider others to be wrong, to consider yourself in the right, then you are only losing strength treading water and not reaching for your life line.

Teach me how to be good!
Inspire in me passion to love God and my neighbor!
Open yourself to me so that I may learn from you!

That is all I ask, to be taught good things with love by my brothers and sisters no matter what religion I am, not to be reproached or condemned.

I hope the point I am trying to make is understood. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself. "

I will end this thread with a quote from the Tao:

"For compassion,

In war brings victory,
In defense brings invulnerability.

Whomsoever heaven would establish,
It surrounds with a bulwark of compassion."

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So you want your Chicken prepared without the feathers?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

just love and harmony. We are more than animals, we are a family.
edit on 103131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
I see a lot of posts where people judge what is wrong (and I do not exclude this from being one of them)
but there are not enough posts where people teach what is right.

The problem is that there are some who are attached to their 'religion' or 'beliefs' and so they push them on others. They do this while thinking they are doing the right thing even though many people have pointed out the flaws with their religion or belief .... but they still hang on to them and try to (judgementally) push them on others.

Some try to push their religion while whitewashing the push ... pretending to ask questions or engage in conversation when in fact all they are doing is trying to push their own version of 'right' onto others.

SIDE NOTE .. (kind of speaks to your subject a bit)

My daughter had to do a term paper for her Philosophy class. It was due today. She had her choice of topics ... either a paper on how religion brings people together .. or a paper on how religion divides people. She picked 'How Religion Divides People'.

It was an easy paper for her to write. Here are a few quotes from the 'holy books' of the Muslims and Christians. 1 Billion Muslims. 2 Billion Christians. About half the planet ....

Qur'an (5:51) - "O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

Qur'an (5:80) - "You will see many of them befriending those who disbelieve; certainly evil is that which their souls have sent before for them, that Allah became displeased with them and in chastisement shall they abide." .

Qur'an (3:28) - "Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them

Matthew 10:34-35 - Jesus said – “Think not that I came to send peace on the earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law”

1 Corinthians 5:11 - "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."

2 Corinthians 6:17, - "Come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord."

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think that kindness is what we need. and although religion instructs not to keep company with sinful people I think it means to not follow them in their sin. But if one repents he may become a new man.

Jesus ate dinner with St. Matthew, a known greedy excise-man, fornicator, and drinker.

He was changed into on of God's apostles.

All we need is love.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If you really must consider others to be wrong, to consider yourself in the right, then you are only losing strength treading water and not reaching for your life line.

The same goes for you my friend.

Also, I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming to be a prophet.
edit on 13-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

notice this line: "I see a lot of posts where people judge what is wrong (and I do not exclude this from being one of them) "

just calling for peace.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

So you're doing exactly what you're telling others not to do? Hypocritical much?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well lets get it done and walk softly with words of kindness and kind disagreements and it is possible and I respect all of you, it`s far to easy to make war but a lot harder to stop the fight.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

yes, but I am doing so so that I may see a friendlier community.

I am promoting kindness in others.
edit on 113131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming to be a prophet

OH HON .. stick around ... they come and go .... you'll see!

That being said .. people come on here pushing their own religions.
They do so even though it is against the rules here.
They do it trying to be sneaky .. 'asking questions' of people of other faiths ... etc etc.
So they can get around the T&C of the site.
But those tactics are easily seen through.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What I meant by false prophets are people who make themselves to be bigger in their words than who they really are.

Those who with their words separate themselves from others.

I will admit that I am guilty of it sometimes, but I would always like to be drawn back to humility.

So I am doing to others what I would like done to myself. It is a soft reproach.
edit on 113131p://111 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The same goes for you my friend.

Also, I don't recall anyone on ATS claiming to be a prophet.
edit on 13-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Prophets are teachers. They receive visions or dreams from time to time, but a prophet's main function 99% of the time is teaching.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

you said it better than I did, thank you.

This is what I meant.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

"Love your neighbor as you love yourself. "

Well ok I can ask, but I don't think he is into that type of thing. And I'm pretty sure the wife is going to get mad.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
we run into a bit of a problem when one wants to teach a message that others refuse to hear, and in turn, they want to teach a message that is proven to be false.

man's conciousness is formed of many layers from an external (foreign) source.
that source does not want to be discovered and has invented religion as a stumbling block that keeps us at odds with each other.

they are the ones that speak through the prophets, they are the ones that recieve our worship as gods, and they are the ones that feed off of our human tragedies.
angels, jinns, gods or demons are not an accurate description of these entities who are really just only another lifeform one step above humans on the foodchain.
we are their cattle, their sheep, and they are the shepards.

their chosen people, being their servants, have worked to keep us enslaved, divided, under control. today we refer to them as the elite. the hierarchy that has been established encompasses all of government, business, religion...

with possibly hundreds of thousands of years of this ongoing deception it seems to be impossible to get people to look inside their own minds for evidence, instead of turning to an outward source to explain the reality we are subjected to.

their won't be a chance for humanity to 'know god' untill we can know ourselves and our enviornment, and our position in it, a FOODSOURCE!
maybe it seems kinda harsh, but the religions preached today have no chance at bring their followers anywhere but back to the hell in which they were spawned.

... i now prophecize... the bible is a cookbook.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Criticism is important. Without it, culture never grows. What is wrong sheds light on what is right.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I do not mind ideas and words of those kind. That is what this thread is meant to be, but most seem more to be attacks of intolerance towards groups.

I would like to see more kindly informative discussions than attack and defense threads.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

Peace
edit on 023131p://111 by backcase because: terrible grammar on my part

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What I meant by false prophets are people who make themselves to be bigger in their words than who they really are.

I can relate to this. I often worry about my posting making me sound like a lot more than I am.
It is what it is though.

I even made a thread in BTS long ago about feeling this way.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I know what you mean about "attacking" posts, but I like to think I go in for more positive teaching.
Let me refer you, for a start, to my series of threads on the epistle of James, which are indexed at this point;

James; Teacher of Faith and Wisdom

edit on 13-5-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join