It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Defence Secretary: "more war likely"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The British Defence Secretary, Geoff Hoon, expects countries with significant militaries to be involved in Iraq-type conflicts for the �foreseeable future�.

www.newstatesman.com...

He claims this is inevitably the consequence of the end of the cold war.

Just as a side note, the article also states that Blair has been involved in five wars in his first 6 years.

He is, no doubt, very popular with defence companies.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Clandestine]

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Clandestine]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
No he will not be popular with defence companies because even though we are at war he continues to cut back on defence, make sense?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Cuts or no cuts, he has put a lot of business their way in the last few years. Make sense?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
yes that makes a ton of sense

do you have a list of the companys and their earnings???

i know of one the US has good busness with is carlye they make lots of money from war.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the era of corpofascism folks

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I meant that it doesnt make sense at all u know sarcasm, anyhow i do know that the naval dockyards in scotland have closed down or sold off large portions of their building capabilities since the cold war ended.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
No he will not be popular with defence companies because even though we are at war he continues to cut back on defence, make sense?

been on the news a acouple of times

he wants to make them smaller and more well equiped
so they can be in any conflict zone ASAP

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
War is more likely now than ever before because the American majority voted for war. They voted for a president who will seek out and embrace war as he would his own daughters. The sad thing is, the majority who elected him, know his intentions, and continue to pretend Bush is a baby kissing candy giver that loves everybody. In 2000, bush said America would be easier to run as a dictatorship, as long as he was the dictator. He also said you're either with us or agianst us. Blair is only doing what Bush wants him to do. Look for war, further Bush's agenda, and make a profit for the big corporation.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
We'll have to wait and see but i've got a feeling more conflict will start soon.
Can't blame the Americans for voting for Bush though, he's the most "American" president in recent history, a perfect reflection of far too many americans....scary.
I wonder if they will regret it 3 years from now?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world; it is God's gift to humanity.

George W. Bush, State of the Union address 2003
43rd President of US (1946 - )

As Americans, we want peace -- we work and sacrifice for peace. But there can be no peace if our security depends on the will and whims of a ruthless and aggressive dictator. I'm not willing to stake one American life on trusting Saddam Hussein.

George W. Bush, October 7, 2002

Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.

George W. Bush, September 20, 2001

Guess I see where the rest of the world stands, we stand behind you countless times. When we need help from you, you just turn your back and condemn us. You wonder why we don't listen to your comments.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
We'll have to wait and see but i've got a feeling more conflict will start soon.
Can't blame the Americans for voting for Bush though, he's the most "American" president in recent history, a perfect reflection of far too many americans....scary.
I wonder if they will regret it 3 years from now?

Some of us regretted it four years ago.

new topics

top topics

join