It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So I guess, all you need say is "Am I free to go?" Five magic words!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
privatize the local police forces when are people going to wake up!

when you commit murder it's always a good idea to seize the video evidence.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Footage? What footage? We took the phones as evidence but they contained nothing. It seems everyone forgot to push record. Happens a lot when people get excited. Every time I check a recording there is never anything to use as evidence. People are funny that way.

P

Most phones can automatically back up or "sync" their contents to Google or Apple servers. There's always the chance they are set by default to do this. There's AutoSync which is smart enough to use only wi-fi networks.

www.sugarsync.com...

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What should have happened is refusal to hand over the camera. Police are public servants and it's legal to film them in public.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

How about a "citizens' (plural and possessive) arrest" of the offending officers for using "excessive force and assault" (which the cops would then "resist" and require the use of "deadly force")?? But no "ambush" as that would be beyond the scope of the law........

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

This might work:
www.livestream.com...

There are probably others, check Google (or your favorite search engine).

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula "Police are people."

technically.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All I can say is if I ever witness a crime and record it. I am sharing and posting it on ATS as it is happening. You all will make sure it goes viral

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbeardo42
So I guess, all you need say is "Am I free to go?" Five magic words!

That is classic!!!!!

I almost blew my grapefruit all over the screen reading that.

Just imagine you are face down, cuffed, tazed, pepper sprayed AND they are beating the vinegar and piss out of you and you are calmly saying, "AM I FREE TO GO"? Can't wait to try that one...lol

???

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
You know the nice thing about all of this is that he won't be resisting arrest again.

that's a miserable thing to say!

i had typed a specific curse for you, but decided that it may violate the t&c of site so i say the curse and pray that God listens and puts you in that special place in hell, and that your family knows your there.

it takes a sorry individual to take enjoyment or laugh from the death of some one who did them no harm. this puts you just one step behind people such as nazis and terrorists in my book.

i also ask for the same for the one that gave you a star.
edit on 12-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anyone want to place bets that the cell phone footage will become lost, misplaced, or "accidentally" destroyed?

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
the police should get a taste of their own medican, but that wont happen, so just release the tape and fire the officers

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This story is truly sad to hear and terrible, the world is screwed up, angry, hateful, what we need is love, we need buddhism, to stop all this madness.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrbeardo42

That means conversations that have an expectation of privacy. With non-covert method in public that doesn't count.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
PLEASE HELP US IN BAKERSFIELD,
i hate to say it, but i wasnt supprised when i opened the page and saw the bakersfield californian as the source for this story, it is literally an epidemic of police murders here, this happens so often it literally makes me sick. and no lawyers here will touch any case against the BPD. i can tell you right now, these "cops" here DO NOT CARE about this community, they are BY FAR the worst gang in my city. they rule by fear, they mock our rights, they beat us they shoot at us, they kill our dogs for fun, because they know they get away with it. EVERY SINGLE TIME, an officer is involved in a killing, they are "subjected" to an internal investigation, that EVERY SINGLE TIME, come out showing that the cops "did the right thing". i would be willing to bet my entire lifes savings that the same thing will happen here. they probably took that ladies video as "evidence." im sure she will never get it back. thats just how it is here, you do EVERYTHING you are told or you are put in jail at best and in the hospital at worse. the police here are beyond corrupt, and i pray to god that retribution will come down like a sledge hammer on them. im shaking, IM BEYOND UPSET, how in the hell are they allowed to get away with this everytime.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND A WAY TO CHANGE THIS, PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE TO HELP MY CITY GET BETTER, PLEASE, BECAUSE THIS IS AN EPIDEMIC HERE AND THE COPS KNOW THEY WILL GET AWAY WITH IT. this police department is literally the stereotype of a corrupt organization, from the inside out. im very emotional right now, because i see this so often, like every week another officer involved shooting. they kill the homeless, they kill the mentally helpless, they kill the people that no one cares about. they killed a football player about a year ago, in front of all these people, on camera, and got away with it.

its to the point that the people of this city, will not call the police, will not help them EVER, dont want their help, because they know, even if you are asking for help, they will kill your dog or arrest you for being overly emotional. i was jumped by 8 dudes one time, broke my nose, outside THEIR house, and the cops did nothing, told me i should learn to fight better, and mocked me and my mother, who then made a complaint. well that officer who she complained on saw me driving one day, pulled me over, took my car, saying my license was suspended, it wasnt, but i had no money to get my car back. they see themselves as above the community, they see themselves as above the law, they harass us, they mock us, they beat us, they shoot us, they kill our children, they kill our dogs, they, laugh when we say we will complain against them, encouraging us to do it, telling us they know they wont get in trouble. they WILL NOT allow you to invoke your constitutional rights, matter of fact, they use it as probable cause, because if you wernt hiding something, you would let them fondle you.

PLEASE, ANYONE WITH ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO BRING THIS SICK ORGANIZATION DOWN, PLEASE HELP THE PEOPLE OF BAKERSFIELD. if you think this story is out of the ordinary, then you have never been here, because this is nothing, it happens everyday, literally everyday they violate their own laws.

i wish i wasnt so emotional right now, i could probably articulate myself much better and give many many more accurate examples, but my heart hurts for this city, that those who are to protect us are terrorizing the community, and we have NO WAY to fix it. i feel like eventually someone in the community is going to strike back against them, they are going to screw over the wrong person, who is going to snap, and do something stupid. like a chris dorner type of guy.
edit on 12-5-2013 by primoaurelius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
i want out, I WANT OUT OF THIS DISGUSTING CITY. i, hate, bakersfield. dusty polluted hell hole with demons in the skin of a cop. im enraged right now. im so so so so so sick of seeing this. HOW MANY TIMES WILL THEY GET AWAY WITH KILLING PEOPLE. its beyond understanding. they are trigger happy, violent individuals, and it scares me that maybe one day, i may say something a cop doesnt like and then all of a sudden my son and daughter have nothing. i better stop typing and start thinking about something else because im getting really upset. how many times...how many times do we have to see this in our city before we do something about it. ITS SICKENING. i dunno, i feel like all i can do right now is stand outside their headquarters and hold up a sign as a reminder to everyone just how corrupt this city is. not to mention the pollution, education, health, heat, meth, and on and on and no

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

There already is. You can get an android app that let's you stream to ustream and ustream can record the stream...

Jaden

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by TDawg61

How about a "citizens' (plural and possessive) arrest" of the offending officers for using "excessive force and assault" (which the cops would then "resist" and require the use of "deadly force")?? But no "ambush" as that would be beyond the scope of the law........

If you are an armed citizen and someones life is clearly threatened, you are within your legal rights to fire on the attacker......

Im not sure if people are aware of this but police officers are NOT above that law......

Now there are good cops and there are bad cops, but the sooner people stop being scared of the bad ones and start treating them like any other threat to life on the street, when they are acting in that manner.....

The sooner this stuff will start to become more rare.....

We HAVE to stop being too scared to act.......

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

i understand, if your resist you deserve to be put down, but not beaten to death. and far too often, "resisting" is used as an excuse for overwhelming force/murder. it seems to be their go to term, "he was resisting so his death was justified". NO, thats not how its supposed to be, and its not okay, resisting or not you dont kill somebody unless you are in immediate severe physical danger. it is not an excuse to do whatever the hell you want, like bpd and the sheriffs department seem to think.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
reply to post by Miracula

i understand, if your resist you deserve to be put down, but not beaten to death. and far too often, "resisting" is used as an excuse for overwhelming force/murder. it seems to be their go to term, "he was resisting so his death was justified". NO, thats not how its supposed to be, and its not okay, resisting or not you dont kill somebody unless you are in immediate severe physical danger. it is not an excuse to do whatever the hell you want, like bpd and the sheriffs department seem to think.

Exactly, and who wouldnt resist being beaten to death........is it normal human reaction for preservation of ones own life?

Its not illegal to fight for ones own life , even against officers if they are the ones that initiate the aggression.......

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join