It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad who died during arrest 'begged for his life'; witness videos seized

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Scum, they should hang by the neck until dead! About a year ago a local officer here in our neck of the woods (Robert Boyd) was responding to some domestic or similar situation. I don't remember which. When he got there a guy came out and shot at him, but missed. The guy then got a knife and came out threatening Boyd. Instead of shooting the man, Boyd talked him down. Later in the local paper he was quoted saying that God didn't put him on Earth to kill people. I have no doubt that Boyd would kill to preserve his own life, but I know for a fact that he would not take a life unless he was absolutely forced to.

We need men like Officer Boyd, not these blood thirsty predators patrolling our streets.

edit on 12-5-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
There should be a service (nopt sure if there is actually) that lets you stream your video direct to an online server.

So they can nick your phone all they like, the evidence is already on the net.

I swear every time I read or hear about this sort of thing, seeing it just makes me want to puke... they know exactly what they're doing and they don't want it spread about. Well it's getting very very short on everyones limits...

last time I mentioned what I'd do in such a situation, I got a u2u with a naughty naughty.

grr

CopWatch

Police Tape

I have this on my phone.

I'm fed up with Gestapo in this country.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

If you truly want something done about this and this particular story, setup a meeting with your local mayor, and keep escalating it. Make it very clear that you are absolutely pissed and will not take no for an answer. Have a couple witnesses get involved with you and come along to all meetings, have all mail registered so they have to sign to get it, keep a log, or audio log of everything. Just flat out tell them I want it investigated and if you can't do anything about it then I will go above your head and go to the state governor's office. Make it viral, when they see that you mean business they will take you seriously. They will see that you handle your business in a professional way and that has power believe me.

That is precisely why they are in office, they are there to serve the public with any problems you may have or community has. You have every right to walk in there and make a formal complaint. Get the DA involved get the chief of police involved, get the community involved and pass out flyers. The tools are there, you just have to use them.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Never beg. Never give the scum the satisfaction of it. Spit in their damn face.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Depending on the state, police can seize video tapes because some legal systems consider video recording to be interfering with law enforcement duties. For example, I believe in Connecticut you're not allowed to video tape police procedure for that very reason. Regardless the video will should end up being seen in the court room and I can't ever see a jury defining this level of brutality as "reasonable force." It's not even like they shot him once in the head when he was "resisting arrest," which would be bad enough. They chose to beat him with batons for almost 10 minutes until he was dead, and that is most definitely not reasonably, under any kind of circumstances.
edit on 12-5-2013 by rationalignorance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is why my camera phone has a live feed recording that goes straight to one of my programs. It is illegal for cops to confiscate videos people or journalists take of them while they are doing their jobs in a public area. It doesn't matter if there is a crime involved, they still don't have the legal authority to confiscate video footage or anything else from non-involved persons that are just filming for journalistic reasons (a civilian with video camera would count).

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalignorance

This is not true, if you are not in the police way they do not have the legal right to seize journalistic video or notepads. Being on sidewalk across from police brutalizing someone and taking a video is perfectly legal, if they do seize your videotape you would have grounds for lawsuit. Not that it would go anyway this justice system a joke, but you still have grounds.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Pigs. What do you expect? The pigs should be arrested for tampering with evidence and confiscating personal property -- not to mention for torture and murder.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rationalignorance

Interference is established in law. It's basically either very aggressive verbal "in your face" type behaviour or physical. In nowhere I have ever seen filming being interfering. They can use that excuse to harass photographers but it's still legal.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We the people are going to have to hire armed security to protect us 'from' the police.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
UPDATE:

It appears the police actually went to the homes of witnesses to demand the footage. Not only do the witnesses claim that up to 9 police officers were involved, but the police would not leave their homes until the footage was surrended.

]
The 911 call shows witness Sulina Quair saying, “There is a man laying on the floor and your police officers beat the (expletive) out of him and killed him. I have it all on video camera. We videotaped the whole thing.”

Civil rights activists claim that police violated their Fourth Amendment rights with intrusive searches for the footage they took of David Sal Silva’s death. Reports said that sheriff’s deputies knocked on the door of two witnesses at around 3 am on Wednesday demanding their cellphones.
The witnesses had already left the scene, but police went to their apartment to ask for their phones. Both refused to turn them over without a search warrant.

John Tello, a criminal law attorney representing the two witnesses who shot video footage and other witnesses to Silva’s death, said police would not let the two leave the apartment.

A male witness eventually gave up his phone “under duress” when he had to leave for work, but the female witness held out until close to noon, when police finally obtained a warrant.

“They were tired, scared, with a 9-year-old child there who was terrified,” Tello said.

Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

edit on 12-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
UPDATE:

I found this footage that alleges to be of the incident.
Warning-violent (though hard to see)

zoom in

911 call claiming the police killed the man, that she got it all on video and that the man did nothing wrong. The witness is clearly distressed. Again Im not sure if this is the actual 911 call. you never know nowadays with you tube.

edit on 12-5-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I wonder how it would have played out if someone in the neighborhood would have taken his 10 round magazine toy out and rescued the victim? I figure shoot all the cops dead so they can tell no lies. I wonder how a Jury would have treated it?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Since when it is necessary to beat a man to death in order to take him into custody.

So the guy's out meandering around drunk, get's into an altercation with a cop and then ends up getting beaten to death while begging for his life, and how often does this kind of thing happen in the USA. All too often.

Bully cops, same assholes from highschool, then they graduate..

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sacri

I see where your coming from but unfortuently it just doesnt work that way here in Australia, If you hit so much as touch a cop they will do you for assulting police and your looking at 6 years, realistically and as sick as this does not matter at all what the police are doing you interfere with them in any way they will simply throw the book at you.

Would you really be willing to go to jail for plus 4 years, not to mention the aftermath ?? My life has been #house since I got out once you go in you can say goodybye to 80% of jobs you apply for, goodluck getting any sort of loan, I totally agree with you about standing up for justice but still, its just not worth it !

Like I said you don't have to even touch them to get them to stop, walk over and tell them to stop, call 911 while your walking over and tell them two cops are beating a defenseless man to death. That would at least make them stop beating him, and if they try to arrest you then its just an hour or two at the cop shop (which does s&#k but at least the guys alive) they couldn't charge you for that either. Standing beside cops telling them to stop beating someone isn't a crime.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

I wonder how it would have played out if someone in the neighborhood would have taken his 10 round magazine toy out and rescued the victim? I figure shoot all the cops dead so they can tell no lies. I wonder how a Jury would have treated it?

What makes you think there will ever be a trial? Isn't it likely he will die while in custody? If someone whose alleged offence has been public intoxication and "resisting arrest" could be killed by cops in the open street and all the video evidence (that they know of) confiscated, what are the chances of someone who killed cops surviving in custody and go to trial?

The only time you can expect such a reaction is when there is a civil war.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by just1question

"We the People" are getting SICK of this.. maybe is MSM starting to report COP brutality? To all Americans WAKE UP!!!!! technology CAN SERVE YOU AND CONVICT THE CRIMINAL COPS!!!!

Its TIME to get Google Glass, or HIDDEN cameras in your CAR or your person.... Wear them for your protection. Your **** CELL PHONES **** will not help you OR ANYONE if you/they are attacked by the Police!!!!
Your cell phones will be stolen by police and you cant do anything about it!!!!! Or can you ???????

Put hidden cameras in your phone, your car trunk, rear view mirrors, your clothing, a "stuffed doll" on your dashboard... your eyeglasses, coat, hairband, hat.. or ANYWHERE that will protect you from COPS.... If you are "roughed up" by the police.....(or killed, beaten) tell your loved ones that "your car is packin' cameras..."

Also, if you witness a cop on person crime... Just STAND there or walk by several angles and FILM ALL YOU CAN.. Then get out of there and view your footage asap .. before you are caught by cops too.... DON'T GET OUT YOUR CELL PHONE.. ITS A TRAP!

this is evidence!!!!! DON'T TAKE IT TO MSM OR THE POLICE.. NOTHING WILL HAPPEN...POST this on facebook, (it will be taken down) twitter, emails, or anywhere that it can go viral....

I am MAD as HELL.. PEOPLE You can DO THIS!!! Why wouldn't you??? tell everyone you know!!!! "cover your own a*s*s

Hey! Hey! PTW (powers that WERE)... CHECKMATE BABY!!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is a little trick that often works. Keep your old discharged cellphone on you at all times. If someone wants your phone, just give them the old one. If they see you filming, put your good one in the same pocket as your old one. When they ask you for it, tell them it has a flat battery and hand over the old one. Never charge the old one BTW.

Works against thieves as well.

P

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

Thanks, I didn't see the out come of that on the news, cheers. Bouncers, = cop wanna be's.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I live near Bakersfield and I can say the police there have been very free with their violent "arrests". This is not the first . Just the first that some of you have heard about. I have a link to the video but I am new here and don't think I can post a link but we will see. Hope it works for you. OldAndUgly

www.turnto23.com...

edit on 14-5-2013 by OldAndUgly because: I left out signature.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join