It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks so much for that, Mr. Oberg; that's awesome!

That first link provided an eighth camera source...

A satellite/space debris reentry ?

...or a hoax ?

www.lanacion.cl...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Good call on the space junk.
I can buy that pending anything else surfacing.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Jim?

Ted and his partner seem to be guessing, I know that he says that he is certain...

Upon further review, it is clear that (13016D / 39145) is the Cygnus Mass Simulator, not the microsat named Bell.

satobs.org...

But it seems that the Cygnus Mass Simulator and the rocket that carried it are not due for re-entry for a while...

Both Antares and the Cygnus simulator are expected to remain in orbit for several months until they accumulate enough drag to reenter the atmosphere.

www.spacesafetymagazine.com...

The launch was scheduled for April 20th, 2013, but it was delayed...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Would that not put the possible re-entry date for these materials even further past 'several months' and definitely way beyond May 09. 2013?

edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because: gotcha.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Good call on the space junk.
I can buy that pending anything else surfacing.

But you can't buy meteorites? Same thing as far as I'm concerned. Most people can't tell the difference whether meteorites or space junk are burning up in the atmosphere. Did you take a look at video #7 a few posts back? You can clearly see the trails, and that stuff isn't flying by very slowly, contrary to what people have said.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let's see if Jim Oberg will come in here and admit he was wrong.
And, in such, was behaving like a "fool".

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I gave perfectly legitimate reasons for why I did not see them being meteorites.
I was not wrong. Nor in saying that it was an aerial vehicle.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

From Jim's second link ....

Regardless, we can be confident that the object that decayed on May 10 UTC was Cygnus
satobs.org...

Here's the launch on Apr 21, 2013

Eastern time on a test flight that served as the precursor for a demonstration flight of its Cygnus resupply ship to the International Space Station later this year. Antares will be delivering a mass simulator payload to orbit 10 minutes after launch designed to mimic the Cygnus

edit on 11-5-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It is perhaps more plausable to consider that this appears to be a meteor formation streaming across the sky at a shallow angle of incidence as it enters earths atmosphere. I'd suggest that it was once a larger object and broke up upon entry, the slower the objects are moving in the sky the less friction that it creates and less likely to explode into dust. The flashes that you can see appear to be where some pieces of rock reachmaximum temperature as they enter thicker areas of the atmosphere (at lower altitude) from the friction and then burn out completely.

I honestly don't see anything strange here?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The re-entry of space junk explanation seems sound.

As a layperson with no experience - I'd ask why it seemed to stay in formation so long? Wouldn't it break up and wouldn't part of it catch fire? Wouldn't there be smoke coming from it? Also, being that low in the atmosphere, it's only a matter of time before the remnants of Cygnus being found, correct? Or would it have burned up completely while in the air? Why was none of the "lights" burning out and letting off smoke as it makes it's descent into and through the atmosphere?

I'd appreciate it Jim and Gortex, if you could spend a few minutes explaining where the smoke, fire, and breaking apart is..or why it doesn't have to be present as we see with most things burning up in the entry of the atmosphere? I've seen plenty of meteorites enter the atmosphere at night, and still could see the smoke trail it left behind. Even though it was dark. Why not with this one?

As I said before, one of the more interesting catches of things in the sky I've seen in quite some time. Regardless as to what it turns out to be. If space junk - it was a spectacular sight!

Cirque

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you feel that you are in a position to enlighten and inform, then by all means, have at it.

It's the wagering that you will have the final answer that is juvenile, IMO.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Listen gortex,

It is a little confusing concerning what burned in when in relation to the Cygnus Mass Sim and the rocket that carried it.

But what we have videos of here, all 8 of them, is apparently not the Cygnus mass Simulator.

Launched: April 21, 2013
Initial Orbit: 237 x 258 Kilometers
Inclination: 51.6°
Origin: USA/Orbital Sciences

Cygnus Mass Simulator
Space Command ID: 39142
Mass: 3,800kg
Dimensions: 5.06 by 2.90m (Cylindrical)
Re-Entry Prediction: April 27, 2013 - 12:19 UTC +/-22 Minutes
Re-Entry Zone: Pacific or Indian Ocean

www.spaceflight101.com...

You guys are going to have to work harder than that. I'm not saying that it's not space junk.

Just sayin' that this is far from resolved and it's not the Antares rocket, the Cygnus mass Simulator, or any of the rest of the payload that the rocket was carrying. Not yet, anyway.

What else have you got?

edit on 11-5-2013 by Bybyots because: ??/

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Although its an animation what we see in the OP videos is shown here from 3.00 .

Sorry brother but that material can't be considered at all. You just said it, it's an animation, not real. The video is real.

Not right to compare animation versus real.

Also that animation scene presents a different angle, not from land point of view.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I remember having a really awesome UFO sighting a few years back with several witnesses.
It occured just before sundown and was quite spectacular. A single source of light moving pretty quickly, but not as fast as a "shooting star" or even close. This occured during the waning hours of daylight, so this thing, being twice as bright as Venus easily, seemed very out of place. It just streaked across the sky, with no trail, until it faded out of sight towards the East.

Lots of people saw it and later that night the local News wrote it off as space junk.
Since then I have seen videos of space junk reentering the atmosphere and I considered it a plausible explanation for what we saw.

One thing I have NEVER seen is a meteor, or bollide, that behaves like this. A steady source of light. Bollides flicker brightly. Varying intensity. The objects in the videos had lights (burning) very steadily.

Hence, they did not look like meteorites. Least not to me. Or several others apparently.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
It screams man made, in fact, from kites to lanterns of some sort (although the lanterns look a bit different), I don't see a reason to pay attention to this. Someone clearly made a prank...

Just out of curiosity, could you please explain in detail how you know for a fact that this is a "MAN MADE HOAX!" It just sounds pretty egotistic to come right out and say "Someone CLEARLY made a prank" me personally, I don't have a clue, nor will I rule any possibility out ranging from prank to e.t. until I get more information on this.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Planned de-orbit of Spaaaace Juuuunk. Long, slow and flat Trajectory so that the stuff burns up before it hits the earth. Despite the talking heads here is a similar look at what appears to be the same sort of thing from Colorado.

This video was taken with a news cast quality camera.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

You guys are going to have to work harder than that.

Really ? , I've given my opinion and the reasons for my opinion if you don't accept that then fine , why should I work harder to change your mind ... It doesn't matter to me .

What else have you got?

Nothing , my time in this thread is at an end .

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This was no space junk - objects (re)entering the atmosphere have a burn track with increasing and decreasing brightness. Those objects didn't change hight nor changed their brightness.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I am wondering if it would be possible for other members, hopefully Jim Oberg, if he has not been chased off, to please help explain this discrepancy...

Both Antares and the Cygnus simulator are expected to remain in orbit for several months until they accumulate enough drag to reenter the atmosphere.

www.spacesafetymagazine.com...

Re-Entry Prediction: April 27, 2013 - 12:19 UTC +/-22 Minutes
Re-Entry Zone: Pacific or Indian Ocean

www.spaceflight101.com...

I believe that it will be important to help us understand what we might be seeing.

Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Finally a ufo thread that makes it in the hottest thread spot rather than "two cops beat the crap out of a teenager" we see all the time or "obama wants more war". I can't say how bored I have become lately from the all the political and religious trolling.

I already KNOW ufos are real and that they ARE piloted by intelligence beings that have ALWAYS been here and CONTROLLED man, both for good and bad reasons. The american military industrial complex has been working with the negative aliens(greys and reptillians) for decades in underground laboratories close to remote military bases. It shouldn't be much of a shocker to long time conspiracy theorists.

I personally have seen many odd phenomena during clear nights and suspect the moon is the space-command center for the NWO that runs earth. You better believe its hollow and occupied.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join