Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.

page: 2
190
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I don't often bother with these 'lights in the sky' threads anymore. I'm glad I made an exception for this one. Its genuinely more interesting than the usual. Nice find op.


The usual suspects of flares or a kite doesn't seem to me to fit well due to the motion that can be observed.

Meteors or a cluster of space debris seems the most plausible fit until somebody rules that out.




posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very interesting video...im not going back to check it out again but I would say that these aren't meteors. Any of us who have seen meteor showers know the odds of these being meteors are highly unlikely. Im not going to say they are extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional as well. Reminds me of the 52 fly over at Washington D.C. to be honest. excellent find!
edit on 11-5-2013 by gnarkill1529 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
At Last, something that is real, that is Not CGI (6 independent cameras in different locations), does not appear to be Flares, or Chinese lanterns.

So what is it?

Are the lights individual and flying in formation, Or do they constitute part or outline of a craft.

A flock of migrating birds on fire? Or straight from Fukashima?

To my perception, the object outline is very large, and travelling quite fast.

We cannot tell size from an unknown distance but if it is higher than it looks, then this is a big a** flying machine.

I also noticed in each clip, no engine sounds, jet sounds, woosh, hum or anything.

I thought it interesting some people whistling and clapping, were they just in awe/shock, or was it part of an "Exhibition" of human origin of some kind..

Either way, very nicely done, who ever you are......I eagerly await a reveal, or viable skeptic explanation... and not swamp gas, flock of geese, Venus, Arcturas, the Southern Cross etc etc please.
.

Watching it again, there are a few agitated dogs barking in the background, on some different clips, something has spooked them. (perhaps a higher pitch sound that we cant hear?)

edit on 11-5-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think the chances are that it's reentering space junk like this , there's a lot of it up there .


Or it could be a Meteor like this .


Or it could be a shot down ET space ship .... Who knows



edit on 11-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think the chances are that it's reentering space junk like this , there's a lot of it up there .


Or it could be a Meteor like this .


Or it could be a shot down ET space ship .... Who knows



edit on 11-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)


Could be Gortex, but not likely without a tail of some sort.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots
 


I recognized chilean accent in the first and the last part of the video. The rest is argentinean accent. Maybe the argentinean accent parts of the video were filmed by tourists in Chile. They share an extense border.

Nothing important to translate anyway, they don't know what it was. At the end, someone wonder if it could be a fireball, more like a question.

Great video, thanks.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 


Sorry Gortex, but whatever it was it doesn't look like meteorites, it not even seems to be falling down.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I've been able to confirm the country in that part, using the name of that commercial business.




Frávega es una empresa argentina con 95 años de trayectoria y 78 sucursales en todo el país.


Translation : "Frávega Argentina is a company with 95 years of experience and 78 branches across the country".

www.empleos.clarin.com...

commons.wikimedia.org...
rovincia_del_Neuqu%C3%A9n,_Argentina,_Buenos_Aires_marked.png

Also, here is a map with the exact location of Fravega, in Neuquen. According to that, the object seems to be travelling west to east. That means it was spotted first in Chile. Zooming out, it shows the same region of the last big earthquake (8.8), they had in 2010.

www.cylex.com.ar...
edit on 11-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)


+12 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How about an alien craft? That makes more sense than anything suggested that I have read so far.

Atmospheric phenomenon? No. These objects do not resemble ball lightning and are totally unnatural.

Chinese Lanterns? No. In one film, there is CLEARLY a solid object passing by with lights flashing off its hull at fixed positions.

Planes or squadrons of helicopters? No, People don't bother to film them and then try to pass them of as UFOs. Besides, the objects look nothing like them, whilst there was no noise.

Exotic, top secret aerial vehicles pilotted by humans? Very unlikely. The only nation that would own them would be the USA, and it would hardly fly top secret craft over populated areas in South American countries, where everyone can see and film them on their cameras and phones.

Cluster of meteors? No! Bolides change their brightness as they burn out and often break up. This object did not exhibit this. No burning. No flames. Just lots of stroboscopic lights arranged on a rigid-looking hull that moves far too slowly for a cluster of meteors.

Alien craft? Most likely.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Pretty refreshing to see an authentic video of unidentified flying objects. Always a treat.




posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One of the most interesting videos I have seen of an 'unidentified' flying object. I don't think it is a metor or space junk because it is flying horizonatlly and way too slow; if it was either the event would be over in a few seconds. Thanks for posting.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet, but the meteor shower created by Halley's Comet peaked on Sunday/early Monday. That's what we're seeing in the video is meteors continuing to enter the atmosphere.

Even the poster of the video on YouTube suggests meteors, as well as many who commented on the video. A little research will keep Identified Flying Objects (IFO's) from being posted in the UFO forum.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantConfusion3
I've never seen a meteor travel that long, going that slow...the lights appear to stay the same distance of each other for a while which I don't believe meteors do either..


It's not common behavior, but both for shallow-angle meteors and reentering satellites, it is the norm. You're right, it is NOT what people expect from a meteor. But meteors don't care.

Further investigation would be aided by precise time of the events and for the sky motion -- in what direction?


+2 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think a lot of you folks are talkin' out your other mouths.
Meteorites move very quickly.
That thing resembles aerial vehicles, or a single large aerial vehicle, in every way. Period.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet, but the meteor shower created by Halley's Comet peaked on Sunday/early Monday. That's what we're seeing in the video is meteors continuing to enter the atmosphere.

Even the poster of the video on YouTube suggests meteors, as well as many who commented on the video. A little research will keep Identified Flying Objects (IFO's) from being posted in the UFO forum.




Could not get your link to link anything but an "error"at the site.
So i went to www.space.com... PACE.com+Headline+Feed%29

All I see is the typical view of meteors with a tail/trail and singular. no massive formation all
moving at the same rate or not seperating from one another.
edit on 11-5-2013 by azureskys because: corrections



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I think a lot of you folks are talkin' out your other mouths.

Really?



Originally posted by JayinAR
Meteorites move very quickly.

Hate to burst a bubble, but there is no set speed on how fast meteors, asteroids, etc. can travel. The smaller the object, the slower it will go once it hits the friction of the atmosphere. It also depends on how fast the object(s) are traveling through space.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Without addressing this event, I ought to gently point out that some reentries -- natural and artificial -- do create fireball swarms in formation that cross the sky horizontally.

A classic and extremely well documented event was in 1963 over Ukraine, and this report [in Russian] contains a hundred drawings of the perceived phenomenon -- half saw a fireball swarm, and half saw a structured object. Just look over the drawings to see this strange but undeniable perceptual phenomenon.

www.jamesoberg.com...

The fact that it CAN happen, and has happened, makes the following recent comments look foolish and unjustified, and reminds us of the truth of Will Rogers' advice, "It ain't what you don't know what makes you look like a fool, it's what you DO know what ain't so."

Be cautioned, please.



Originally posted by ConstantConfusion3
I've never seen a meteor travel that long, going that slow...the lights appear to stay the same distance of each other for a while which I don't believe meteors do either..



Originally posted by gnarkill1529
Any of us who have seen meteor showers know the odds of these being meteors are highly unlikely.



Originally posted by smurfy
Could be [meteor or reentry] Gortex, but not likely without a tail of some sort.



Originally posted by Trueman
Sorry Gortex, but whatever it was it doesn't look like meteorites, it not even seems to be falling down.



Originally posted by micpsi
Cluster of meteors? No! Bolides change their brightness as they burn out and often break up. This object did not exhibit this. No burning. No flames. Just lots of stroboscopic lights arranged on a rigid-looking hull that moves far too slowly for a cluster of meteors.

Alien craft? Most likely.




Originally posted by lunarcartographer
One of the most interesting videos I have seen of an 'unidentified' flying object. I don't think it is a metor or space junk because it is flying horizonatlly and way too slow; if it was either the event would be over in a few seconds. Thanks for posting.




Originally posted by JayinAR
I think a lot of you folks are talkin' out your other mouths.
Meteorites move very quickly.
That thing resembles aerial vehicles, or a single large aerial vehicle, in every way. Period.


+6 more 
posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Amazing how some members rather die than simply accept a rare case of real UFO. Forcing the meteorite theory in this case in particular is absolutely pathetic. Just say "I don't know", be honest.



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
For future reference: CUSNYG



posted on May, 11 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Amazing how some members rather die than simply accept a rare case of real UFO. Forcing the meteorite theory in this case in particular is absolutely pathetic. Just say "I don't know", be honest.


That is not a one way street...while i am not afraid to say "i dont know" what it is for sure i have to ask...
What made all these people take out thier cameras to start filming? What events took place that we, the second hsnd viewers did not see?

My guess, and again i dont know for sure, is something attracted thier attention...say perhaps a large flash or streak of light in the sky?






top topics



 
190
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join