It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most beautiful/memorable song ever,from a movie-what is your choice?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I think Art Garfunkel wrote and composed some of the most beautiful heart touching music ever, especially when he was with Paul Simon.
the best I think are The Boxer, Sounds of Silence, and the classic Bridge over Troubled Water

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I would say this is one of the best.
IMHO.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
On a related note, has anyone ever seen the Macaulay Culkin movie where he plays this kid who lives with his aunt because something happened to his parents, and they go to a motel where he meets a man he suspects is Santa Claus? The hotel manager throws a Christmas In July party and a bunch of stupid but funny stuff happens. I've tried looking everywhere for it, but I can't find it. There's a possibility the kid just looked like Culkin, but I'm not sure. The title made a reference to Christmas too.

The reason I'm asking is because there's a scene where his aunt sings about 30 seconds worth of song to put him to sleep. I've always liked the song, but I've forgotten the movie it comes from so I can't find it!

edit on 10-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I believe this is the movie you mean. Off Season

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Kissing You by Des'ree from Romeo and Juliet w/ Leonardo DeCaprio and Claire Danes

This song gets me every time. The emotion in Des'ree's voice is startling:

edit on 10-5-2013 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

from Phenomenon

Loved the movie, too.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
From the 2012 film Moving Day with Will Sasso, an interesting and beautiful rendition of Eye of the Tiger (originally by Survivor) performed by Jenn Grant.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's got to be this one for me, I'm actually sat here in floods of tears thinking of all those I have lost that were dear to me...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

^ THIS, BY FAR.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Song from the movie Rush

Song from Kevin Costner version of Robin Hood

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
It may not be beautiful but it was definitely memorable. The scene and song I'm talking about is when Napoleon became Dynamite.

Come on, you know it makes you wanna dance.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This song always gets me I think its beautiful, lyrics can mean alot of things...

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You're the best around by Joe Esposito in Karate Kid 2
First song that came to mind. It has that awesome 80s sound.
And its a good song to wake up to. It gives you confidence. Listen while getting ready for the day.

Here I just looked up this wiki page with some cool info

en.wikipedia.org...

And the video

www.youtube.com...

I hope that works at least a little...looks funky
I never embed videos...and I'm on my phone so who knows what it did...

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I bought the 8-track soundtrack to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and played it right along with my Pink Floyd, Kansas, Boston, Led Zep and all the rest!

Thanks for the memories

I am still on the lookout for a CD soundtrack version of it. All the music in that film is brilliant, but Iilia's Theme just stands out with the overture.

And I'm a big fan of classic rock as well.

edit on 11-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Ohhh YES!!!!!!!!! One of The most beautiful songs ever,and one of the best movies ever.Like Dirty Dancing,something i introduced to my daughters as a "rite of passage",this movie was like an heirloom passed on-and both are favorites of theirs now,that they will watch over and over again-and watch with their own daughters,if they give birth to girls

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thank you so much for your replies,every one-i'm gonna be having a fine time listening to all the music you posted! Im back on my cell now,my wifi signal is coming +going,so im alternating between pc+cell(which goes through Vodacom) but thanks again,once the wifi signal stabilises,i can properly enjoy your contributions.Have a grand+enjoyable weekend,all:-)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is from "Oh brother where art thou" with George Clooney-i love this song so much,it never fails to give me goosebumps and tears in my eyes-for what America used to be.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And from TitanAE-Higher from Creed

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I'm a metal head but these songs move me.

Little Shop has always been one of my favorites. Ellen Greene is amazing, and I have to admit here that I've always had a thing for Rick Moranis.

As far as that first line goes, Hearing my daughter sing it during one of the local stage performances here was one of my proudest Mom moments.

Here's another from that same production and one of my favorites.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this has ever been in a movie, but this song is so incredibly beautiful it nearly put tears in my eyes. I don't know why but it resonated so strong.

www.youtube.com...

HOWEVER

From one of those emotional montages at the end of House M.D, Jeff Buckley singing "Hallelujah"
www.youtube.com... this song is just astounding.

and I know it's been in a movie but I forget which, Regina Spektor's "Samson" is the saddest song I know.
edit on 11-5-2013 by DarwinVsJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Ahhh this is the song i was going to post! I don't know why but i friggin love this song! It still makes me teary eyed!

I am listening to it right now actually via Spotify.

It is one of those songs I'll sing at the top of my lungs in the car or at home. I don't care who is watching...or listening! lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join