It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most beautiful/memorable song ever,from a movie-what is your choice?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
My choice is "Through The Trees" by Low Shoulder,from the movie Jennifer's Body.Absolutely heartwrenchingly beautiful.In fact,this is just one of The most beautiful songs EVER period.Imo,of course

edit on 10-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

The first time I watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) was the most magical musical moment in film I've ever experienced. It was the first time I've seen a movie with an overture, so it was a really unexpected treat for me.

Just a slow-moving starfield and this beautiful music:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
And of course,this masterpiece by Aerosmith,from the movie Armageddon:

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

edit on 10-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: double post

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I haven't seen the movie, but have heard the song. I'm sure it works better in the movie because I'm not a big fan of Aerosmith.

Okay you'll think this is really silly, but I got a little teary-eyed hearing this song on the 2nd-to-last episode of Seinfeld

I don't really like this song much, but Seinfeld was a big part of my life. The humor in that show kept me plugging away amidst all the chaos and confusion. I felt like a chapter of my life was also coming to an end so it did have an emotional impact. So yeah, seeing some behind-the-scenes footage with this Green Day song hit me.

edit on 10-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls from the movie City of Angels....love this movie.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Being on my phone I can't imbed the clip, but my all time favourite would be unchained melody from the movie Ghosts. Beautiful movie deserves a beautiful song.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I've sat here for a while now and weighed for and against whether or not I should post these. On such a serious place like ATS I wouldn't want to be seen as childish, but these two songs really made an impression on me so here goes anyway

I'm a huge fan of animated movies and cartoons, so these were the ones that popped up in my head when I read your post. I can't choose one or the other as they have a definate tie on my "best" list.

"Once upon a December" from Anastasia, and "I see the light" from Tangled.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

Here you go.

P

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Im kind of a big fan of Kevin Smith movies, when i first watched Clerks II the ending really got to me. It was just epic!

I'm kinda having trouble finding the ending scene to this for some reason. -_-

Dante Hicks: Can you feel it?

Randal Graves: Feel what?

Dante Hicks: Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

And then the song misery by Soul Asylum kicks in after those last lines.

Another piece that i thought was really good from Clerks II was the kind of musical scene where they sang ABC 123 song. I dont really like when they do sing in movies but Kevin Smith seemed to pulled this one off just right.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Surely there is only one contender here?

It has to be "Always look on the bright side of life" doesn't it?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would have to say it is a tossup between, "What Do Tigers Like" and "Three Best Friends" from The Hangover. Beautiful.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

"Safe and Sound" by Sheryl Crow from the movie"K-PAX"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Not really of this time but I can listen to this for hours...

From the movie "seven"

Oh and of course...

From An American Werewolf In Paris..

Peace

edit on 10-5-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I like all the "Evita" songs and the Nicole Kidman "Moulin Rouge" (the first hour of the movie). And I just watched "Les Miserables" two times and replayed many scenes more than that, and have to say that Anne Hathaway's second by second facial and emotional acting during the singing of her main song in the film is likely the best acting I've ever seen - and she did it in one take (I read it was her fourth take, as she wanted to get more emotion into the performance). Hathaway not only commands every scene she's in, she does it like few if any have done before.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Gael from Last of the Mohicans.

edit on 10-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Good morning ATS..... How about honorable mention for "Calling all Angels" from the film Pay it Forward....Always an excellent watch!

www.youtube.com...

Tez

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
My 80's is showing.

I prefer "Old Time Rock N Roll" by Bob Seger in the movie "Risky Business"

or "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins in the movie "Top Gun"

or "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds in the movie "Breakfast Club"

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by feelingconnected

I have to approve this. If you have ever truly given yourself over to someone....that movie speaks to you. That scene, that song....perfect.

For me....not many movie songs I liked to quite that extent. Queen of the Damned has a couple. The Crow has a few.

How about instead, i do a TV show. There was a very short lived show called Tattingers. It was revived a couple of times with changes. The theme song I am referring to was in the original series (lasted less than a season). A lonely trumpet.....a piano....what a great song. I would love to find out that there is a full song out there somewhere that they sampled for their series. BUt i don't think so.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is a nice thread. I love the movie 'Across the universe' I really enjoy the Beatles and this movie was just so lovely, and the singing was good as well
I like this song
All you need is love

-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 10-5-2013 by natalia because: Meh..just one song instead

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join