It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush offered an olive branch to hostile European leaders then snubbed by France!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well the French are being......well French

Hopefully the others will not follow this action...

GEORGE Bush yesterday offered an olive branch to hostile European leaders � but was snubbed by the French President.

Referring to divisions over the Iraq war, the re-elected US leader said: �Whatever our past disagreements, we share a common enemy. I will continue to reach out to our partners in the EU.�

Mr Bush also said he will use his new muscle to defeat terrorism. He said: �I earned political capital in the election and I intend to spend it.�

www.thesun.co.uk...

The PM said: �The election has happened. America has spoken. The rest of the world should listen.
�It is important that America listens to the rest of the world too.

I really like this one!

�The fact is that President Bush is there for four years. Some people are in a sort of state of denial.�

[edit on 4-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 5-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
at the risk of losing 10 ats points (oh my god!)

[edit on 7-11-2004 by moxyone]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
America won't save their a**s this time!

Bush should be pulling out all U.S troops from Europe in response

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
He has already announced this for the most part, the UK will not see a loss and Poland etc might see some small numbers, but the need for 100k troops is no longer there...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So the French told Bush he can go **** himself. And?

[edit on 5-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Actually, Jacques Chirac sent a congratulations letter to Bush, where he said he hoped Bush's second term "will be the occasion for strengthening the French-American friendship."

"We will be unable to find satisfying responses to the numerous challenges that confront us today without a close trans-Atlantic partnership," wrote Chirac.

www.bradenton.com...

Starting chronometer... now.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The French way:

May I remind you a lot of people died in an air accident because French air controllers refused to speak in english. As of today they won't change their mind at all

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes
The French way:

May I remind you a lot of people died in an air accident because French air controllers refused to speak in english.

May I remind you that Americans have their share of idiots? A lot of people died because of fifty years of crappy foreign policy. A lot of people died at Pearl Harbor, and on the Luthisinia (sp) as an excuse for Americans to go to war.

DE

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well I hope Bush can just let the French go if they are not willing to work with us. Seriously, who listens to the French anymore?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well I hope Bush can just let the French go if they are not willing to work with us. Seriously, who listens to the French anymore?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hmph. Imagine that... 10 minutes and no one tried to spin Chirac's letter to Bush in order to demonstrate once more France's absolute wickedness. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wait for it, Otts. No doubt, soon the flies will descend upon the carcas of this post and the anti-French flaming will begin in earnest.

Oh, and by the way- plenty of people still listen to france. Canada, for example. The EU. I think they're also on teh UN security council...

DE

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Deus Ex - I wonder if some people even remember why they hate France so rabidly. Originally it was the opposition to the war in Iraq, but when you see people hate France because of airplane accidents... it smells all-purpose punching bag to me.

Hey, I lost my job three weeks ago, damn those French surrender monkeys!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I think they're also on teh UN security council...

If they weren't do you think they could have managed to be such a thorn in Americas side? I think the whole collapse of their relationship really started up when France was going to veto a UN draft for the invasion of Iraq. Although America claimed that the first one was enough, France and Russia said they only signed it because it didn't have any triggers to go to war. Could be wrong on a few points so anyone correct this as nessesary.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What separates Americans and the French from one another are our similarities, not our differences.

Bigots of both nationalities are just shaking their fists in the mirror.

Though France has been around much longer than the U.S., our current governments were born at roughly the same time, founded on similar principles, and sure enough, we're like two peas in a pod.

French bigots hate Americans because we're so... arrogant. American bigots hate the French because they're so... arrogant.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony in this.

[edit on 11/4/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well the French I think have realized that they better play nice as the American people dont give a # if they are on board or not, screw the global test as far as that.

Some French even had NICE things to say

Michel Barnier, French foreign minister, said a "new phase" in transatlantic relations would open up. �We must try to re-establish American confidence in the European project... The Americans cannot think they can build, direct and inspire the world all by themselves.�

news.ft.com...=7fc8f3dc-d258-11d8-b661-00000e2511c8.html

In the name of France and for my own personal part, I would like to express my heartiest congratulations for your re-election.

BBC correspondents on how the world views the result
It is in a spirit of dialogue, esteem and mutual respect that our co-operation must continue to evolve, our common fight against terrorism and the joint actions which we are engaged in to promote liberty and democracy must continue to develop.

We can only find satisfactory solutions to the numerous challenges with which we are confronted today through a close transatlantic partnership.

But how long does France take to change?

Will not be long now I bet....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A lot of people in the US have an inferiority complex. They are scared of anything that upsets their status quo. Brown people, gays, anything that is different. They know that they are weak inside, so they run from anything that may damage their fragile egos. These were the same people who cried heresy if you tried to tell them that Earth isn't the center of the universe.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Given the responses on this thread about France, I would not have been as kind as Chirac. Bush apparently made him wait in another call made by Chirac earlier this year, obviously Chirac exudes that French gentlemanly behaviour. Bush made his bed, let him lie in it, and learn what it is like to think that the superpower can go it alone. Perhaps france is next to be hit with a terrorist attack just to get them in line.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Perhaps france is next to be hit with a terrorist attack just to get them in line.

By capitulating, they only delay it. thats all....

Chirac is just a POS in my mind and I wouldnt return his calls if I was Bush, maybe he can talk to Cheney

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
GEORGE Bush yesterday offered an olive branch to hostile European leaders � but was snubbed by the French President.

Hostile?
What in the hell are you talking about?! Which European leader is hostile? Bush is the most hostile world leader I can think of. Because they disagree with war, they are hostile.
I am beside myself trying to make sense of that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join