It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush offered an olive branch to hostile European leaders then snubbed by France!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe the French are holding a grudge because of all the French wine Americans dumped out in protest when the French opposed Bush going into this war????????
You can never tell...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OttsHey, I lost my job three weeks ago, damn those French surrender monkeys!

Damn straight! If France was in-charge of operation Iraqi freedom we would have surrendered by now, would have to give up territory as a condition of defeat and would have Iraqi governors installed in the capitals of all countries involved in the operation

Just jokes, i think France is a great nation that has about 100 times more culture than my lazy arse country.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Sabre262]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Perhaps france is next to be hit with a terrorist attack just to get them in line.

By capitulating, they only delay it. thats all....

Chirac is just a POS in my mind and I wouldnt return his calls if I was Bush, maybe he can talk to Cheney

You know, I have to wonder when I see a number of silly emoticons if I address a child, a man-child or someone who hides behind the shame s/he wishes to not admit. It is one of the three only, of that I can assure you. Tell me which you are, for if you are a child or man/child, then I know I address someone who has not the sense to reflect on his/her nonsense, and will just let you go your wayward way. If the latter, then I might invest some time with you.

Other than that, I can only say this, Bush is fodder for the rest of the world at present, save possibly for the Prime Minister of my country looking to ingratiate himself as a notable leader which he will never be, and the few nobodies from third world countries dependent on the greenback, who share Bush's and Wolfowitz's apocalyptic belief.

You do your fellow countrymen an injustice, but you and those like you, must learn the hard way. The empathy when you need same now will be non-existent.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
SomewhereinBetween,
Edsinger does not represent my country, he is part of the far right lunatic fringe that blindly supports this unbelievably corrupt administration. Bush could crap in Ed's cereal and he would love it. As for myself, and everybody here that I know, we do not support Bush in any way, he is a joke to us too, only he is our president, which really sucks. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. I hope in the future, once Bush is gone, in four years, or sooner when he screws up, and he will, we can be close to our brothers and sisters all over the world again.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
SomewhereinBetween,
Edsinger does not represent my country, he is part of the far right lunatic fringe that blindly supports this unbelievably corrupt administration. Bush could crap in Ed's cereal and he would love it. As for myself, and everybody here that I know, we do not support Bush in any way, he is a joke to us too, only he is our president, which really sucks. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. I hope in the future, once Bush is gone, in four years, or sooner when he screws up, and he will, we can be close to our brothers and sisters all over the world again.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by 27jd]

Well last time I checked he got 51%, so I guess there are lots of "me" out there. In here I am outnumbered 20-1.......leftist board.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well last time I checked he got 51%, so I guess there are lots of "me" out there. In here I am outnumbered 20-1.......leftist board.

51% of the population that actually voted. And all the votes haven't even been counted yet, which is why the whole thing seems so fake to me. Kerry conceded way too soon, strange. The problem is too many people in this country do not vote, so really, none of us truly know what the majority supports. Personally, I have faith that if everybody voted, not just a few of us who see an immediate need for change and actually get off our butts to do something about it and the church crowd that would give up their daughters and wives to the preacher if he said that's what the lord wanted (remember Waco?) and turned out to stop the evil gays and voted for Bush while they were there, Kerry would be president. But given the quickness of his concession, I almost think the whole election was staged. I guess we may or may not find out.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Normally US elections don't have international observers but this one did so i very much doubt it was staged. Nothing out of ordinary was reported, Cletus... i mean Bush won fair and square unfortuantly.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Sabre262]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
LOL 27jd, you just gave me a new sig. Danke.

By the way, nothing changes in this place. You won ed. You won teh race! Rubbish can cease now. Didn't Cheney call to say you are out of a job now?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Cause they don't even waste their time on you. When they do ,they generally don't understand and are just puzzled by your actions. Why not, I don't understand your country neither and most people around the world don't either.

Don't count on them disappearing cause they represent a new wave in european politics . Re election of Bush just drives the wedge deeper and deeper. The USA has to get out of NATO and Europe, thats what every one wants.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by psteel
The USA has to get out of NATO and Europe, thats what every one wants.

If by "every one" you mean "you" then that's probably about right.

While we may squabble about one thing or another from time to time, our friends usually don't mind having us around when they get into trouble.

And as long as we're friends, we'll be there.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
LOL 27jd, you just gave me a new sig. Danke.

No problem.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
If by "every one" you mean "you" then that's probably about right.

While we may squabble about one thing or another from time to time, our friends usually don't mind having us around when they get into trouble.

And as long as we're friends, we'll be there.

You clearly don't understand the sentiment in Europe right now. The europeans don't need the US to defend them any more cause their is no more threat to protect against. So NATO/useur have outlived their usefulness and instead are becoming a liability. NATO worked well both ways during the cold war. Initial Allied troops had to be present to ensure post war europe dealt with the german past.

Then they rebuilt against the increasing soviet threat. After suffering a number of ups and downs they remained committed to the main goal and pulled of the most successful cold war in history. But they could not have done it by themselfs. THe US needed NATO to help face down the soviets while the europeans needed the USA to give nuclear backing to the alliance and thus security. But times have changed and the threat is gone for ever so the military must change to reflect the new world.

AS I said Europeans don't see the world the same way you do.I think its a great thing French are snubbing the America. Its the signal to ' fly the coupe.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

AS I said Europeans don't see the world the same way you do.I think its a great thing French are snubbing the America. Its the signal to ' fly the coupe.

I think you're wrong placing us all in the same basket. There is a great number of us who are more opposed to Bush than you are, we have to live under his rule. Threats in this world are fluid, and Bush will not be president forever, you should not be so quick to want to dissolve our alliances, China has been awful quiet lately, not that they are a threat, but you never know. It's always good to have friends.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You clearly don't understand the sentiment in Europe right now.

I understand a lot more than you'll ever know, if that's all it takes for you to jump to false conclusions. I recommend avoiding assumptions that lead you into error, such as that one.

I also recommend against making incorrect assumptions about the purpose of U.S. forces abroad. They are where they are for very good reasons. Overlooking that fact will lead you further into error.

U.S. military policy and the terms of international alliances are not determined by the headlines of French newspapers, although you are free to believe that if you wish.

And thankfully, thay are not determined by the contents of Internet discussion forums either.

We will stand by our allies, whether you like it or not, and you do not speak for the people of Europe, despite your assertions to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Europe's bloody history is second to none, and sooner or later this history will catch up with them

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

from DeusEx
Oh, and by the way- plenty of people still listen to france. Canada, for example. The EU. I think they're also on teh UN security council...

The UN security council - an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Originally posted by 27jd
Hostile?
What in the hell are you talking about?! Which European leader is hostile? Bush is the most hostile world leader I can think of. Because they disagree with war, they are hostile.
I am beside myself trying to make sense of that.

The French are so humanitarian, that is why they were against the war in Iraq.
It had nothing to do with billions they were making from the Oil For Food bribes, did it?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes
Europe's bloody history is second to none, and sooner or later this history will catch up with them

Oh please, pray to your god that you never have to endure what the Europeans have had to in just the last century alone.

You're absolutely right about one thing, karma is a biotch, and she'll pay you and yours a visit some day too.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
All this fabricated hatred for the french is a hoax folks. We are being rallied against the french for a reason. Notice that we hate them so bad, but we sure didn't have a problem shipping them a boat load of weapons grade plutonium this year. France opposed the war in Iraq, and then we have 'freedom fries'. If you are going to hate france, cut off that tv and come up with your own reasons to do so becuase the media wants to demonize france, rather than jumping on board the hate france bandwagon, try to figure out why. Don't let the media think for you.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vladtepes

Europes history is something to learn from, the US admin would be wise to take this into consideration before jumping in with both feet.

All those who that create a war so they can be a war time president, put you hands up.

Seeing as how Edsinger's original source for this thread was from , I thought it best to supply another UK press source.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Koka]

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Koka]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Besides the actual story being the most convoluted rubbish (interestingly not picked up by any other UK paper) you do know 'The Sun' is and has been a 'newspaper' with a derisory reputation in the UK, don't you?

For more than 20yrs in the UK to use the expression that someone is a 'Sun reader' is a (admittedly cruel) comment about that person's intellectual capacity.

If they can slavishly follow an ultra-simplistic crassy aggressive right-wing angle or anti-EU line they will, always.

The only reason they claim to back Tony Blair is because the UK conservatives are so aweful and a guaranteed bunch of losers they don't want to be associated with them......but in terms of actual Labour policy there is almost nothing about Labour or Blair they support (barring a few of our Home Secretaries' more right-wing ideas).

This is a prime indicator (which everybody with eyes can well see) of what a useless self-serving "POS" 'The Sun' truely is.......another piece of utterly degenerate Murdock detritus; with a daily picture of a young girl with her tits out, naturally.

Great source.

You should be proud Ed......between 'The Sun' and 'The Telegraph' you got some 'fair and balanced' ideas about the UK press going on there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join