It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush offered an olive branch to hostile European leaders then snubbed by France!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

Originally posted by psteel
You clearly don't understand the sentiment in Europe right now.

I understand a lot more than you'll ever know, if that's all it takes for you to jump to false conclusions. I recommend avoiding assumptions that lead you into error, such as that one.

We will stand by our allies, whether you like it or not, and you do not speak for the people of Europe, despite your assertions to the contrary.

Yes blah blah blah. Soverignty allows host nation to ask foriegn alliance militaries to leave at any time . Its not up to DC and the sentiment in europe is changing. You really have to stop playing overlord it doesn't suit you any more and we are not amused either .

We will be rid of you soon enough. And BTW being Europe and having family still their, I can speak as a European and make such observations I see fit.

BTW some of us see America as a bigger threat than China.

This is the third time I had to post this. WHats wrong with this site anyway...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by psteel]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
As far as the Sun or the Telegraph, I am not sure of any of the foreign papers, would the Sun be like our Weekly World News?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
As far as the Sun or the Telegraph, I am not sure of any of the foreign papers, would the Sun be like our Weekly World News?

That's what they're saying, maybe Batboy is the hostile European leader you were referring to.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

- Well, for what it's worth to you Ed here's my take on them.

If the 'WWN' is the one I'm thinking of (more a shopping mall than a newstand paper; endless 'Elvis seen alive!', 'UFO's at the Whitehouse' etc?) then to be fair and honest no, not quite, that would be our 'The Sport' or 'The Sunday Sport' ('WW2 bomber found on the moon', 'Hitler clone found living in Croydon' etc).

(I must say though that the enormous relentless dreary prurient 'soft-core' sex content of The Sport and it's sunday relation tend to relegate that one from most peoples buying habits.)

Most UK papers are very obviously and very politically divided.....and sadly have gotten to the point where they couldn't care less about it too.

Naturally all the Murdock 'News International' (or whatever the latest corporate logo is) titles are very right-wing and anti-EU.

'The Times' and 'The Sunday Times' although among his papers are notably less rabid possibly because their readership is so traditional and might not stand for it. The 'paper of record' and all that. Mind you they have just gone from broadsheet to tabloid sized with 'The Times'....one wonders how that is going down.

Then there is Conrad Black's 'Daily Telegraph' and 'Sunday Telegraph'. He's just lost control of these to Hollinger, but few expect much of a shift in terms of their 'angle'. Ultra-conservatives and retired furious army majors who hate the world and the way it is - particularly their own nation, which , they insist went to hell in a handcart with the loss of empire - and so on are the - pretty accurate - cartoon version of their readership. This one can be really really weird about Germany, WW2 and the EU.

The 'Daily Mail' is as barking as ever - no right-wing attitude too absurd - and the Daily Express is usually pretty funny for low-brow right-wing politics too.

The 'leftist' papers are nothing like as obvious or heavily political.

'The Independant' is pretty centrist and hardly a paper of the left and The Guardian is not the paper of the left it once was.

Even the 'Daily Mirror' hardly justifies it's leftist 'credentials' just by being anti-Bush or anti-tory from time to time....it hardly 'supports the left'.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the update, wasnt really sure, but you told me what I needed to know...

I will say it is our equivelant to NEWSMAX on the web, right leaning website.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join