It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Are Going To Stay In The USA?Or Are You Running Away From Home Like A Kid?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Originally posted by dgtempe
The only people with any sense are those on the east and west coasts. All the "hon get the anchor, tornadoes coming" populus voted for Bush.
Ignorants.

I honestly cannot believe you just said that. Anyone that voted for Bush is ignorant? That's terrible. Seriously, I hope you withdrawl that comment because that's quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted on this forum. That is completely the opposite of what this site is supposed to stand for. Complete intolerance of the other side of the coin. Don't mention that the economy is growing at a faster rate than ever. Don't mention that unemployment is lower than the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Don't mention that we are headed towards a reform, and depending on who you talk to, may have been handed a recession by your buddy clinton. I take it you've never taken an economy class.

Herman, the truth is always hard to hear. You want to see ignorant? all you have to do is go thru every gloating thread from Republicans.
Its enough to make me puke.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Herman, the truth is always hard to hear. You want to see ignorant? all you have to do is go thru every gloating thread from Republicans.

No. No more. I have lost all respect for you. You just labeled everyone who voted for Bush as ignorant.

P.S - There really weren't very many gloating threads from the republicans. There would have been many more from the dems had Kerry won.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'll stay as long as possible to fight, but at that time that it becomes fairly dangerous, I am taking my little kids somewhere else.

I'd be out then because getting out later would have a lower risk of being stuck.

I'm only concerned because my wife and kids can't take care of themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

The only people with any sense are those on the east and west coasts. All the "hon get the anchor, tornadoes coming" populus voted for Bush.
Ignorants.

Don't mention that the economy is growing afaster rate than ever.t a Don't mention that unemployment is lower than the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Don't mention that we are headed towards a reform, and depending on who you talk to, may have been handed a recession by your buddy clinton. I take it you've never taken an economy class.

surely, you joke, right?

Handed down by Clinton?

I love it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
When I was younger I wondered for a long time why the US thought their democracy was the best when to anyone that cared to take even a cursory glance it was obviously far from it. When I became aware of the power of psychology it became self evident. Your democracy has been ruled by big business for decades, not unlike many other western democracies; but unlike others fundamentalist Christian dogma has been equally successful in invading your governmental process. Couple that with the state of the US media, one of the most subjugated medias in the western world it explains the reasons why Americans think it, and why that thought is pushed. Someone from the US on here the other day claimed a high turnout at the elections would be good for the �birthplace of democracy�. Those types of nonsencical assumptions based on what they�ve been taught about the US, and the world, are very common.

You�re far from a decent democracy, never mind a good one.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No. No more. I have lost all respect for you. You just labeled everyone who voted for Bush as ignorant.

P.S - There really weren't very many gloating threads from the republicans. There would have been many more from the dems had Kerry won.
I shall lose sleep tonight.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Ahhh, nobody has to move anywhere. A new map of North America has been approved:

I wouldn't call those who move out of USA kids who run from home. I'd call them college graduates who are moving away from home to look for more suitable life because dad has gone crazy and talks with Jesus while occasionaly beating up neighbours and mum created a huge debt with bad home economics. They can't and don't want to deal with it, so they are moving.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I shall lose sleep tonight.

You know that I'm right. There are FAR more whining threads written by pissed off liberals about the elcection than there are gloating threads from republicans. Just look around!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
I voted for Kerry and no I'm not going anywhere. But you can't compare the administration of Clinton to this monstrous Bush person's we have now.
Clinton was'nt a high handed would-be dictator. He did'nt make you feel afraid at least the way Bush does alot of people here.
I will be here...but I'm not gonna change my views to fit in with what I consider a close-minded majority.
Bush will have plenty of chances in the next four years to further prove his unworthiness as president. Wait and see.
If I turn out to be wrong, I promise I'll admit it though. How's that?

I am astounded at your lack of common sense. You are so conditioned to hate by your political party that you can't even get a glimpse of reality. Keep on living in your fantasy world. What will you do if the republicans institute the fair tax... I love to watch liberals like you squirm when the country is doing good!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
How is it that someone can actually say that the people who voted for Bush are ignorant?

GET OVER YOURSELVES. THIS COUNTRY IS A REPRESENTATIVE REPUBLIC... NOT A COMMUNIST NATION! LEAVE IT THAT WAY!

There were more votes cast for GWB than any other candidate in the history of this country...yes that means even your beloved moron billy boy who was the catalyst for the future satan spawn's possible presidency.

Understand this, just because people don't agree with liberal nonsense, and lack of economical sense, mixed with political spin and misinformation, doesnt mean they are ignorant. That just means more people think differently than you. You are in the minority, and thankfully so.

Just for the record, the people on the east and west coast that you were referring too live a completely different life than those in the middle USA. Thank God for the electoral college and its effects. If it wasn't for the voting system that we have...people like you would refuse to consider the lives of those in the middle of the country.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
When I was younger I wondered for a long time why the US thought their democracy was the best when to anyone that cared to take even a cursory glance it was obviously far from it. When I became aware of the power of psychology it became self evident. Your democracy has been ruled by big business for decades, not unlike many other western democracies; but unlike others fundamentalist Christian dogma has been equally successful in invading your governmental process. Couple that with the state of the US media, one of the most subjugated medias in the western world it explains the reasons why Americans think it, and why that thought is pushed. Someone from the US on here the other day claimed a high turnout at the elections would be good for the �birthplace of democracy�. Those types of nonsencical assumptions based on what they�ve been taught about the US, and the world, are very common.

You�re far from a decent democracy, never mind a good one.

When you were younger you forgot to go to school. We do not live in a democracy. Why do you people keep saying that!?!?! We live in a representative republic. There are huge differances. Thats for starters. Name one other country in the world that has as much influence as the United States. Name one other country in the world that produces as much wealth. Name one other country in the world that you can speak more freely in.

The United States is by far the most successful endeavor into economics, government, and freedom that has ever existed.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm thinking about it...I'm ashamed of this country lately....bible thumpers bring back a man...

Don't tell me what the Bible or the 10 commandments say or mean. Yeah, you really have been "trying to understand" the Bible and Christians with your recent questions. I personally take ofense to "Bible thumper". What kind of "Thumper" are you, or do you have a thumpin' belief?

Want to leave? Don't let the election process hit you on the way out. Want to stay? Understand that I have just as much right as you to vote and have a say so, as a matter of fact, as this is a Christian nation, and obviously still is by looking at the recent voter turnout, I'd say I have more than good reason to speak up and determine what course my government steers this Christian nation. Want to go to an America-hating nation? Feel free, there are plenty of them. Many of those who hate us and will not help us in our struggle against our enemy for selfish economics reasons were helped by us a few decades ago when we could have done the same thing they are doing now. Instead of sweeing this, you are too busy joining their bandwagon as if it is the chique and enlightened thing to do. There is nothing enlightened about it, I assure you.

You are ashamed of America? Too bad; I'm ashamed of those like you. Step out into the brave world, don't rely on this nation's protection while bad-mouthing her. We can do without you, I assure you.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
edit: change of heart.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

ROFL, are you serious with this? I'm on the West Coast ... a native, not a transplant, and I voted for Bush as did all of my family and the majority of my friends!!! And religion played NO role in our decision to continue to support Bush.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
As soon as I finish my education here in America I will be moving as quickly as possible. I would consider myself a conservative christian, yet the things that the Bush administration is doing terrifies me. I really didn't want Kerry to get in, but Bush is no better of an alternative. (I voted Libertarian btw) This country is headed toward facism and wether you are "Republican" or "Democrat" you should be able to see that.

The the 2004 election was the last "real" election ever. Perhaps the rulers may see fit to hold an election in four more years to satisfy the populace but the days of the people choosing how their electorate will vote is over. Do you honestly think that Republicans are going to win the presidency and an improved majority in the house and senate? I don't think so and I know it will be rough from here on out. No doubt there will be a "terrorist attack" in the next few weeks because "Osama is angry at the election results".

God help America...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I doubt that very many Americans are going to leave America on the basis of this election result.

Far more likely and damaging to the USA IMO is the likelihood of the rest of the world (especially the developed world) just turning our backs and having as little to do with the USA as possible.

.....and I have to say the 'magnanimous behaviour'
of the 'winners' in this contest as evidenced here and across these boards in places with their boorish bellowing F.U. - all on the basis of 51% of the vote (with an underwhelming - to us Europeans - turnout of 55 - 60%) - says why loud and clear.

Is this aggressive F.U. attitide 'part of the healing, or something?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
America is my home, and I love my country more than I despise any particular president. Presidents come and go (well, they used to, this might be our last president before the title Emporer comes into play), but America has always stood. We'll get through the next 4 years, just as we've gotten through past bad administrations.

This talk of "succession" or "running to Canada" is innane, and only weakens those of us who are disappointed in the outcome. Forget Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, whatever. First and Foremost, above any of that, we are AMERICANS, and though we may all not agree on our leadership, this has been, and can be again, the greatest nation in the world...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
America is my home, and I love my country more than I despise any particular president. Presidents come and go (well, they used to, this might be our last president before the title Emporer comes into play), but America has always stood.

In which case your country may need you in the near future. I guess the 2nd ammendment folks may be right after all.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Geeeeeze what up with people. I did not had off to Canada when Clinton was in office.

You cannot compair the two. Clinton did a GREAT job, even if he did a bad job it would be better.

I am not leaving I am here for the long haul.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Well maybe I will be going to Canada looking at this map.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join