It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Are Going To Stay In The USA?Or Are You Running Away From Home Like A Kid?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I ain't going NO Where!!!!!

but I hate the fact that Republicans answer to the other half of the country's concern is that "if you don't like it, leave!"

where's the democracy in that?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I assure you I am going nowhere. I do suggest anyone who has a great desire to depart, those who hate the USA, or the President, or the Republican party, or are just plain "disenfranchised, HAHA", are free to do as they please.

I is an Redneck, college edumacated, gun firin' 'n totin', anti homesexal, all 'fer life of them there babies, God fearin', right wingin' fernatic, and plan on stayin' to vote next time 'round.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Herman

Originally posted by dgtempe
The only people with any sense are those on the east and west coasts. All the "hon get the anchor, tornadoes coming" populus voted for Bush.
Ignorants.

Don't mention that the economy is growing afaster rate than ever.t a Don't mention that unemployment is lower than the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Don't mention that we are headed towards a reform, and depending on who you talk to, may have been handed a recession by your buddy clinton. I take it you've never taken an economy class.

surely, you joke, right?

Handed down by Clinton?

I love it.

It has become INCREASINGLY obvious you dont have any clue about our Economy, or any economy. The Economy started to drop when? Oh yeah, DURING the Clinton administration! Why is our Army so weak now, Oh yeah, because of Clinton! Sure Clinton was a GREAT leader of people, but he SUCKED at leading this country. All i have seen here at ATS was this election was a fraud blah blah blah whine whine whine... guess what, HE WON BY 3.5 MILLION VOTES! Oh yeah, LADY V, guess what, 70% of the US IS NOT Christian... and that is the amount all those gay laws passed with. SO TAKE THAT AND SHOVE IT! Oh yeah, and it wasn't just the Republicans who voted against it, it was the dems too! And the reason the East Coast and West coast won was because of the urbanized and collegiate areas... the minorities, more specifically, African Americans, and im not being racist, im stating a fact. You know, you people are out here calling Republicans ignorant, yet you failed to address the fact that a majority of African Americans voted based on what MTV said, and the fact that they always vote democratic... I must have talked to atleast 100 different Black people on this subject and guess what, not a single one really had any clue why to vote for kerry, except bush is bad. Now im not trying to say that it means they are bad, or evil, or dumb, or anything, im just saying that it was ignorant of those people who voted. I know many caucasions, asians, and middle easterners voted with that same disregard, but im pointing out a major flaw in your arguement of calling Republicans ignorant on this topic. But now you are going to pull out the Race card, why, because you have no other real retort back.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Calm down, calm down, calm down.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Calm down, calm down, calm down.

I second that notion.

Sheesh. Clinton failed as badly as Bush to address the problems of America. He did do some good things, as Bush did.

Neither side really has a good reason to vote for Bush or Kerry.

D

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Some of you may be interested, but during the days leading up to the election, hits on the New Zealand Government immigration website was averaging 2500 a day, and the day Bush was announced as winner, it jumped to 10,000.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ryannp, this is YOUR opinion, and as you know, like a****** everyone's got one.
Clinton was the best president this country could ever hope for.
We thrived as a nation and if this is representative of "communisim" i would much rather have it than this crap.
No. I wont shut up.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by D
Some of you may be interested, but during the days leading up to the election, hits on the New Zealand Government immigration website was averaging 2500 a day, and the day Bush was announced as winner, it jumped to 10,000.

That really is a shame, as I would like to visit NZ and could definitely see myself relocating to that place one day; not for any political reasons but for the landscape and all. It'd be a shame if when I get there I'm met with a buttload of stupid liberal Americans that fled America.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
For me... I ain't runnin.. theres plenty of guns and ammo around these days to make the bible thumpers go running into the Canadian border screaming and never be seen again.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have read most of the topics and threads since the election. Some things are very confusing to me. (perhaps because I'm a Bush voter)

Posters to the topics who were unhappy with the results had some real nice things to say about those who did vote for President Bush. NOT

Here are a few characteristics that I picked up from these posts that are supposed to describe me: ignorant, stupid, redneck, bible thumper, gay basher, sheep, and those were the nice descriptions.

So then I saw this post in this thread:

sminkeypinkey posted on 11/5/2004 at 02:59 AM Post Number: 931390 (post id: 952084) quote

.....and I have to say the 'magnanimous behaviour' of the 'winners' in this contest as evidenced here and across these boards in places with their boorish bellowing F.U. - all on the basis of 51% of the vote (with an underwhelming - to us Europeans - turnout of 55- 60%) - says why loud and clear.

Is this aggressive F.U. attitide 'part of the healing, or something?

By the time I saw this post it was exactly how I felt.

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I ain't going NO Where!!!!!

but I hate the fact that Republicans answer to the other half of the country's concern is that "if you don't like it, leave!"

where's the democracy in that?

Now here was another confusing post. Most of the topics had threads dealing with "getting out of town fast". They could not stand to live in the same country as President Bush. Every one was "moving to Canada."

Now this post says that we (the Republicans) are trying to kick them out of the country.

Go figure

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Sure kick them out so they can have that military-based Christian theocracy they dream about so much.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedOctober90
Sure kick them out so they can have that military-based Christian theocracy they dream about so much.

Are you, like, sarcastic boy?

I mean really. You zip around, throwing out sarcastic little plops around the board.

You are really angry at the wrong folks bud, so chill out a bit. I don't want you to pop yourself.

Plus I think we'd like to know how you really think.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

by Seapeople
Thats for starters. Name one other country in the world that has as much influence as the United States. Name one other country in the world that produces as much wealth. Name one other country in the world that you can speak more freely in.

The United States is by far the most successful endeavor into economics, government, and freedom that has ever existed.

I have to say sometimes Americans will make it so blatantly obvious that they live in a different realm of reality that you don't even have to make your point; They'll do it for you. Like this quote.

Often many innocuous statements will also make it clear the completely insular notion they have towards intelligence. No one invented anything before them. No one did anything before them. No one does anything in this world unless their American. You have to laugh. (unless you'll cry) FFS they even think they invented the telephone!

I�m not talking about the Americans with brains. You know I love you.

D

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by D

That really is a shame, as I would like to visit NZ and could definitely see myself relocating to that place one day; not for any political reasons but for the landscape and all. It'd be a shame if when I get there I'm met with a buttload of stupid liberal Americans that fled America.

Haha. I wonder how the New Zealanders would take that. They're real friendly there, but I don't how they would tolerate the good old extroverted American liberal who is all talk and does nothing. Not that i have anything against liberals myself.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hell no, I'm not going anywhere.

And I'm not knuckling under to the "shut up and go to the back of the bus" attitude I'm getting from a lot of right-wingers, either.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Are you, like, sarcastic boy?

I mean really. You zip around, throwing out sarcastic little plops around the board.

You are really angry at the wrong folks bud, so chill out a bit. I don't want you to pop yourself.

Plus I think we'd like to know how you really think.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by KrazyJethro]

But this is exactly what these right-wingers truly desire.. a country not based upon the well-being of people.. but of religious doctrine mixed in with nationalism.

The right oppress. the left liberates.

Who were the people oppressing women... right-wing conservatives. Same with the people who oppressed people of ethnic origins.

It was the left who fought for rights of people that weren't exactly white, male, and straight.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
RedOctober90....

It was the left who fought for rights of people that weren't exactly white, male, and straight.

Left=Democrat's and Right=Republican's?

Question:
What flawed history book did you get or draw that conclusion from?
I hate to break it to you, but it was the Republican's that opposed slavery, who freed the slaves, who further advocated and fought for black civil rights, not the Democrat's, who represent the left.

The Republican party has been a major political force in the United States since it first appeared on the presidential ballot in 1856. Following the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Act, the Whig party disintegrated, and mass meetings in the upper midwestern states led to the formation of a new party opposed to the spread of slavery into the western territories. One such meeting, at Ripon, Wisconsin, on March 20, 1854, is usually credited as marking the birth of the Republican party.

The Republicans rapidly became established as the dominant political force in the North. In 1856 their presidential candidate, John C. Fr�mont, carried eleven of the sixteen northern states. By 1860 the Republicans had also absorbed the support of the nativist Know-Nothing party, and their candidate, Abraham Lincoln, was elected president, an outcome that precipitated the outbreak of the Civil War. The war firmly identified the Republican party as the party of the victorious North. As such, the Republicans became anathema to the white South for almost a century, with the exception of several antislavery redoubts in the mountain areas. That loss was more than counterbalanced in other parts of the country, however, by the Republicans' reputation as the party that had freed the slaves and saved the Union.

Republican Party, the party of Abraham Lincoln

seekerof

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

But this is exactly what these right-wingers truly desire.. a country not based upon the well-being of people.. but of religious doctrine mixed in with nationalism.

Wait wait wait wait wait. Is it for the "well-being" of the people to take more and more money out of their pockets in order to spread it around? That doesn't seem right.

The right oppress. the left liberates.

Hahahaha, you're right. They want to liberate your wallet to further their own political power. If you want to get dirty, then fine, but at least speak to specifics rather than these rediculous blanket statements.

If all the problems in this country are based on rightwingers, then you have a serious perspective problem.

Who were the people oppressing women... right-wing conservatives. Same with the people who oppressed people of ethnic origins.

Last time I checked, it was everyone doing these things. It's hard to lambast someone for doing something that is socially acceptable in the first place.

It might very well be that in the future, people look back in shame at what we barbaric people did (abortion). But who knows. It really comes down to right now doesn't it?

Recently, but you know as well as I do that law doesn't get passed behind party lines, but rather across it.

It's just as acceptable to say that if conservatives want moral facism, than the left wants communism.

Fair?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No the left does not want communism.. nor does it want the majority of the wealth being in the hands of a select elite few.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

No the left does not want communism.. nor does it want the majority of the wealth being in the hands of a select elite few.

Wealth is not in the hands of a select few, unless you mean billions. The taxes should not penalize someone for being wealthy or making a lot of money.

I make over 100k and I am not wealthy, yet I would get taxed heavily for the operation of the bloated Federal Government and it's nice little "programs".

If you want to help things, eliminate the IRS and income tax. We had many many decades without it, and we can do it again.

Give the people THEIR money back. I know for a fact (from being poor at times in my life) that the money coming back from the IRS dissolution would be well met and well deserved.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join