It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Are Going To Stay In The USA?Or Are You Running Away From Home Like A Kid?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Geeeeeze what up with people. I did not had off to Canada when Clinton was in office. Is this how you live your life when you don't get the outcome you want? Gee hun, we lost the lottery, lets move to another state.

I AM STAYING RIGHT HERE IN THR GOOD OLD USA

Would the Bush supporters have left if Kerry won? No

If you want to leave the US. there are plenty of countries that you can go to from Canada, to the EU or if you have some money and like the climate, SE would allow you to live in relative luxury. If you belief in America is such, if your convictions are that weak that you run at the first sign of adversity, what can I say.

[edit on 11/4/04 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Im running to the top of my mountain if there is a draft, coming back to home once a day for food.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I voted for Kerry and no I'm not going anywhere. But you can't compare the administration of Clinton to this monstrous Bush person's we have now.
Clinton was'nt a high handed would-be dictator. He did'nt make you feel afraid at least the way Bush does alot of people here.
I will be here...but I'm not gonna change my views to fit in with what I consider a close-minded majority.
Bush will have plenty of chances in the next four years to further prove his unworthiness as president. Wait and see.
If I turn out to be wrong, I promise I'll admit it though. How's that?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by aukaiman55
Im running to the top of my mountain if there is a draft, coming back to home once a day for food.

You might want to hide your food in another place besides your home, or you might just run into those who will be looking for you while they are enjoying your frozen burritos, sittin on your couch, watchin Sanford & Son reruns.....

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Leave the US? Not a chance.

I am keeping a much closer eye on the news and such though.
If (and I certainly hope not) something were to 'hit the fan', I would be one of the first to get out of a major population center...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If any one runs away this country doesnt need them.

I am more worried about one party controling all three branches and would feel the same if it was the Libertarians instead of the Republicans.

You need more than one party to maintain a balance

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Heck no, we're staying around to open a can of whoop-a__ on the neocons and take back America.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
God forbid, FredT, that people arrive at their conclusions by rational thought and considered logic. Your statement is an insult to intelligent life everywhere. You don't truly believe at everyone who says they're now moving out of the country has weak convictions?

Case in point, I can turn your asinine comment around and put you on your ass: When was whining about whiners ever cool?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
doesnt merit an answer.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm thinking about it...I'm ashamed of this country lately....bible thumpers bring back a man because they can't stand the thought that two people of the same sex that love each other want the same rights...OMG...how horrird! He kills, lies....breaks all of their 10 commandment, says god talks to him....I can't believe it...and another damn thing,,.,none of my boys are going to go get killed for Mr. Dubya...we didn't vote for him! YES...there are things worth fighting for, and yes, I am a fighter.... but Iraq isn't one of them....I feel helpless to do anything....my country is going down the tubes and we have all these double digits that thing he is like a god....I just can't understand any of this!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
God forbid, FredT, that people arrive at their conclusions by rational thought and considered logic. Your statement is an insult to intelligent life everywhere. You don't truly believe at everyone who says they're now moving out of the country has weak convictions?

Case in point, I can turn your asinine comment around and put you on your ass: When was whining about whiners ever cool?

couldn't agree more.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Should we leave because of this?

quote:
Contending Americans have embraced his conservative agenda, President Bush pledged Thursday to aggressively pursue major changes in Social Security, the tax code and medical malpractice awards, working with Democrats if they are receptive and leaving them behind if they're not.
"I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it," Bush said a day after a decisive victory that made him the first president in 68 years to win re-election and gain seats in both the House and Senate.

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals," said Bush, who 24 hours earlier had promised to try to win over those who voted for his Democratic opponent.

Is this scary enough? Maybe a damn good reason to flee.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

God forbid, FredT, that people arrive at their conclusions by rational thought and considered logic. Your statement is an insult to intelligent life everywhere.

How is it an insult? I don't get what I like. I am running away. Its 4 year old logic. The only thing asinine about the whole thing is this "im leaving crap" and your obvious hostility towards it. Are you leaving too?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Assassin, that sounds like a good policy for the 21st Century, no matter who is in change or where you are.

Frankly, I bet few here who say they want to leave actually have the strength of conviction to follow through with their statement.

elaine: Bush will have plenty of chances in the next four years to further prove his unworthiness as president. Wait and see.
If I turn out to be wrong, I promise I'll admit it though.

That's fair enough, I think. One thing that everyone needs to keep in mind is that Bush doesn't have it easy in eyes of many who voted for him. We expect results. If we turn out to be wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, too.

[edit added]

President Bush pledged Thursday to aggressively pursue major changes in Social Security, the tax code and medical malpractice awards, working with Democrats if they are receptive and leaving them behind if they're not.

Excellent! Thats exactly what I elected him to do!

[edit end]

[edit on 4-11-2004 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Tempting but I won't mix the pudding further.

I did say this though:

You don't truly believe at everyone who says they're now moving out of the country has weak convictions?

Which is what you're saying. Implying that everyone whose leaving the US is like a kid running away from home.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Which is what you're saying. Implying that everyone whose leaving the US is like a kid running away from home.

Why else would you? Can't feel that you change the system? Don't feel strongly enuf that yopu won't stand and fight? Running away? It is like a kid running away from home. People did'nt get what they wanted. They want to leave. How is it any different?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have to agree that we're better off in this country without people who are going to leave this country because their candidate didn't win. It's immature and stupid in my mind. I don't care if they leave for other reasons...but leaving because Bush wins would be ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Geeeeeze what up with people. I did not had off to Canada when Clinton was in office. Is this how you live your life when you don't get the outcome you want? Gee hun, we lost the lottery, lets move to another state.

[edit on 11/4/04 by FredT]
You better hope and pray someone the likes of Clinton will lead this country again.
Were you in a hole during Clinton? since you set the tone for this thread i will tell you that Bush could never dream to hold a candle to Clinton.
This country flourished, and oh, yes, the Monica thing...Well, he was impeached, punished for the acts. HOWEVER, he was a president for the people...and funny...i cant remember us being communists then...
There was a president who took care of things in this country.
The DEAD are rolling in their graves over this Bush thing.
The only people with any sense are those on the east and west coasts. All the "hon get the anchor, tornadoes coming" populus voted for Bush.
Ignorants.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Why else would you? Can't feel that you change the system? Don't feel strongly enuf that yopu won't stand and fight? Running away? It is like a kid running away from home. People did'nt get what they wanted. They want to leave. How is it any different?

I have no problem at all with standing an fighting...I'm sorta know for it as a matter of fact, but you can't change anything....the bible thumpers that care more about what two people of the same sex do than killing and cheating and lying.... have what they want....a false god! Which is funny coming from them. It has nothing to do with not getting what we want...what an asinine statement, it's more to do with hopelessness...there is nothing that can be done...this man will be the end of it all...I mean just look, you have people like edsinger all over, they worship this tyrant and don't even realize what they're doing. You say stay and fight...tell me how, what do we do? Is there going to be revolution? I'll stay and fight...but no, there won't be.....just America going down....and don't dare tell me I don't care about America...my roots are deeper than most here....but I fear it is beyond help, there is nothing to do, nothing that can be done.......

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The only people with any sense are those on the east and west coasts. All the "hon get the anchor, tornadoes coming" populus voted for Bush.
Ignorants.

I honestly cannot believe you just said that. Anyone that voted for Bush is ignorant? That's terrible. Seriously, I hope you withdrawl that comment because that's quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted on this forum. That is completely the opposite of what this site is supposed to stand for. Complete intolerance of the other side of the coin. Don't mention that the economy is growing at a faster rate than ever. Don't mention that unemployment is lower than the 70's, 80's, and 90's. Don't mention that we are headed towards a reform, and depending on who you talk to, may have been handed a recession by your buddy clinton. I take it you've never taken an economy class.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join