It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I agree they are just trying to make the cop look bad

link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

True but why make mountains out of mole hills unless you have some sort of agenda?

link   
reply to post by kimish

You don't have to believe me, but where I come from, being pulled over is not common.
As in, it doesn't happen to white people at all unless there is some regular alcohol check where everybody has to pull over. And of course if you are not following traffic regulations or something.

My friends are regularly pulled over for just driving to and from work.
Them being black raises suspiscion. And I'm disgusted at that.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by z00mster

I believe you, I really do and it's a shame that the police discriminate like that. But where I live it doesn't happen. I know cops personally. They are more hesitant to pull someone over of color because they fear lawsuits and their jobs. Remember, minority rules. :/ sad but true.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Has the feel of a setup to me. Just my two cents, but how do we know what happened before the filming?

Looks pretty straight forward to me. They were standing in a parking lot waiting for someone, the cop feels stupid because he thought the guy was drinking an alcoholic drink, goes into a rage and arrests him for "trespassing".

If something occurred before the filming I'm sure the cop would have mentioned it, not pulled "trespassing" out of his head randomly.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I know cops personally. They are more hesitant to pull someone over of color because they fear lawsuits and their jobs. Remember, minority rules. :/ sad but true.

You surely must not live in the USA.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Straight forward? We didn't get to see the beginning. And this isn't the first time someone has mentioned that we hadn't seen how this all started and you keep dodging that little factoid.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

I know cops personally. They are more hesitant to pull someone over of color because they fear lawsuits and their jobs. Remember, minority rules. :/ sad but true.

You surely must not live in the USA.

I have my City and State under my Avatar.

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Anyway, I'm bored of arguing about this video.

You all can praise the parking lot TSA while claiming to be Ron Paul fans, patriots, and freedom fighters.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Straight forward? We didn't get to see the beginning. And this isn't the first time someone has mentioned that we hadn't seen how this all started and you keep dodging that little factoid.
I certainly agree with you on this part, to know the whole story we would need a little more context.
However,
From the way it looks to me, they didnt even know who the (rent-a-)cop was before he walked up. Go watch it again and look at their reactions. They seem taken aback to the fact that this person is even talking to them. Seems, to me, that they think he is just a guy on the street, at least at first.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Similar thing happened to me...a cop car came into the parking lot and the passenger cop asked me what i was drinking. i kinda shrugged my shoulder and said.. "aah sprite?"... its clear on the can

He told me to pour some on ground and said "just making sure"... and drove off...

Im like wtf happened?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Good for you

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
(s)He'll be back with more Partial videos to suit his/her agenda.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

I'd say that's another extreme.
We are constantly judging and being judged based on appearence.
I know it's sad, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

And you'll be ready

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hi,
I sat as long as I could thru the first vid...

It's a liquor store parking lot. 9 times out of 10 if it came from the liquor store, it has liquor in it?

He could have hid it in a brown paper bag and get the same result?

One white guy is going to confront a trio of non-whites? He's either a cop, or someone looking for a beat-down?

I suppose utilizing common sense is out of fashion when one has a big night ahead?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Anyway, I'm bored of arguing about this video.

You all can praise the parking lot TSA while claiming to be Ron Paul fans, patriots, and freedom fighters.

If they can't get anything out of it so they can praise Ron Paul, Alex Jones and some other right wing nutter then it doesn't interest them.

+20 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Okay, I feel compelled to step in here and comment on this.

1) X was in the parking lot drinking a beverage out of a marked can. There is no law that states he is not allowed to drink a marked non-alcoholic beverage in a parking lot. I dare you to find one.

2) The argument of, "He didn't let the cop smell his ice tea" is invalid. At the time of his request he had not yet identified himself as a police office. Simply stating "I am a police officer" is -NOT- identifying yourself as a police office. Presenting a BADGE is the only valid form of identifying yourself as a police officer while in plain clothes.

3) You cannot simply jump from "You are drinking alcohol" to "You are trespassing".

4) Whether this X person has a rap sheet or not DOES NOT MATTER, until it is determined that he does or does not. You cannot simply walk around accusing people of being wanted, and stopping them on that grounds. So the entire argument of him having a rap sheet is invalid.

5) There is absolutely nothing wrong with filming someone in public. Why does filming someone, regardless of what they are doing, matter whatsoever?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

You're totally missing point 5) either on purpose or not. Either way, I've explained it before. Reread the other posts.

+12 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
To all you people whom think violation of privacy, illegal search, and suppression of your freedoms are good...

Wait till its your rights that are taken away.

You sit here say WOOT got 'em another one well guess what...

YOUR NEXT.

Stand up for this mans rights cause if you don't...

Yours will be gone

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join