posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
Okay, I feel compelled to step in here and comment on this.
1) X was in the parking lot drinking a beverage out of a marked can. There is no law that states he is not allowed to drink a marked non-alcoholic
beverage in a parking lot. I dare you to find one.
2) The argument of, "He didn't let the cop smell his ice tea" is invalid. At the time of his request he had not yet identified himself as a police
office. Simply stating "I am a police officer" is -NOT- identifying yourself as a police office. Presenting a BADGE is the only valid form of
identifying yourself as a police officer while in plain clothes.
3) You cannot simply jump from "You are drinking alcohol" to "You are trespassing".
4) Whether this X person has a rap sheet or not DOES NOT MATTER, until it is determined that he does or does not. You cannot simply walk around
accusing people of being wanted, and stopping them on that grounds. So the entire argument of him having a rap sheet is invalid.
5) There is absolutely nothing wrong with filming someone in public. Why does filming someone, regardless of what they are doing, matter whatsoever?