It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PharaohSmiff

Did you ever come to think that the crack dealers probably had previous charges?? See, people fail to see that. FIrst time offenders will get off easier or with a lesser sentence then someone with a rap sheet.

Even taking racial profiling out of the picture, the percentages are still grossly un proportionate

ETA: Btw, I'm still looking for the evidence that I'm a self proclaimed storm front member. You're only ruining your own credibility.
edit on 2-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by kimish

Races aren't breeds. Only racist people think that. You're projecting really bad right now.

Yeah but every time someone responds reasonably you are going to call them racist? Black people are human too.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
What kind of maniac drinks an iced tea in a parking lot? Sure glad they got this creep off the streets

LONG ISLAND ICE TEA......

He said ice tea...just not the long island part....

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Well, he seems to have a problem with authority. In my real life experiences those with rap sheets often have a problem with authority. :/

Sorry bud, I call it like I see it. Inner city since I was a kid. I've learned to read between the lines. BTW, I would've said the same thing if he was white. So why be a douche and try throwing the race card out on me?

ETA: read between the lines because I know where you were getting at with the rap sheet comment :/
The same goes for ANOK, quit being a douche and subtly playing the race card.
edit on 2-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

those without rap sheets can have a problem with authority, in fact some of the best criminals in the world are rap sheet free, so your logic is slightly flawed.

I never said anything about race I asked you a question, cause it seemed you knew something about the incident that I didn't. It turns out you dont. So I can see why your so quick to defend yourself, cause you know you look like a racial profiler, and in this politically correct world, that makes you look like an ahole. I have always understood that there are stereotypes for a reason, but i also understand that to base judgment on someone without actually being in the moment and experiencing a situation/people first hand within your own reality is careless and stupid.

I also call them how I see them, but i dont judge (especially on a public forum) unless i feel i have all the info available. Based on the info I see from you I can tell you feel kind of guilty about the rap sheet comment, and that you obviously put too much stock in stereotypes,

btw when someone says "if he were white......ect" its a clear indicator that race is an issue to you.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Read the thread.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Guy was most likely a plain cloths cop, they need a patrol officer to transport someone since it has a cage
Its possible. If true, he should be disciplined.

And from what I saw he just wanted to read the label.
Come on now. 'X' held the label up for him to see. The rent-a-cop (even if he is a real cop, his demeanor gives me no reason to call him an officer) stated multiple times that he wanted to take the can in his hand and smell it.

Even after that he said to leave, gave him many chances.
He did give them 3 chances to leave, Ill give you that. He still had not identified himself as a cop, so the order could be ignored, legally, though.

I would like to know, since they could barely speak english, what these guy's do for a living to have fancy cars cloths and watches.
Irrelevant. They could be pimps, still wouldnt matter. They were doing NOTHING illegal here.

By the way he talked he definitely was not educated so me thinks a drug dealer.
I dont think I have to type the word that fits here.

He also seemed to keep looking in the stores direction so I wonder if something had happened prior to this as to why the cop singled out this guy, Argument in store maybe and owner said to get off property? Guess we will never know.
While we dont have the full scope of context for this, there are many things, that have already been pointed out, that give the indication that the rent-a-cop was initiating first contact.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

after reading what other members have posted, i went back to your post and see that i misunderstood your post.
i kept wondering why no one had called you on it.
when i read your statement,

Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea

and saw the parenthesis, which i took as you adding something of your own as a statement of fact , i saw this.

Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine is used in the tea

i might have worded it little different. maybe some like this.

Arizona tea laced with cough syrup which contains codeine, is also popular in many subcultures.

as i said i would apologize, i do so now and have deleted and edited my previous posts accordingly.

edit on 2-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

First off Kimish your whole entire argument is based off;

1) Your saying this guy probably had codeine syrup in the drink. It was clear that the plain clothes officer suspected it to be ALCOHOL and wanted to read the ingredients. If you feel that the cop was so justified due to the possibility of the drink containing ANYTHING illegal, then why did he just leave it there while the guy was arrested!? Obviously that alone shows the cop was just throwing his weight around.

2) Honestly man as a white guy that grew up in the South... you definitely come off as a racist. You probably need to word your responses about this stuff a bit better.. because as far as I am concerned your a racist.

You also clearly support our rights being trampled on. Let me rephrase that.. you clearly support a black man's rights getting trampled on which also means you support everyone's rights getting trampled on.
edit on 2-5-2013 by waggz because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2013 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by waggz

I understand where you're getting at. I often times have trouble putting my thoughts into words and I can see how that gets me into trouble. :/

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Look. Obviously, there is a problem in that neighborhood.
I like to drink a bit, but I have no problem with a smart-assed drinker being arrested because he thinks he's cool.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Look. Obviously, there is a problem in that neighborhood.
I like to drink a bit, but I have no problem with a smart-assed drinker being arrested because he thinks he's cool.
Even if that 'drinker' is drinking Arizona Iced Tea?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Kimish:

Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too.

Wow! that is some mindset you have there! Do you exercise that kind of discernment on everyone? Do you work for the FBI's Behavioural Sciences as a racial profiler?

Kimish:

The guy said within the first minute that he was an officer.

If I met you in the street and told you I was a martian...you'd believe me right?

The point was, why are they filming it to begin with?

Okay, so they're filming. So what? I was out with my camera today taking landscape and townscape shots. According to you, the fact they are filming is more suspicious and crime-orientated than the guy possibly drinking alcohol in the car park. Are you for real?

It seems to me that the alleged cop thought he saw someone drinking alcohol. He claimed he was a cop, but did not produce a badge or sheild, and wasn't wearing a uniform! Without identifying himself with proper documentation a cop cannot exercise his authority and make an arrest. Here in the UK the guy would have been on the floor immediately from a right hook, cop or no cop.

As far as I'm concerned, the black guy had his rights trampled and was assaulted by another person. The film will show that the alleged cop did not prove himself to be whom he was AT THE RIGHT TIME, and could not make a legal arrest. Compensation to the black guy. That alleged cop was a total pratt!

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Maybe you just read the OP and one or 2 of my posts and decided to reply but I've answered everything you've stated in your last post. :/

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A lot of people might think it's a black or white thing with the cops. In most cases it's really not it's more of an authority issue. Cops do not like it when your question their authority.

I grew up in a white trash trailer park north of Detroit. I've seen cops react the same way to white people especially if you challange their authority or you piss them off.

One hot summer night there was a fight in the trailer park. The cops showed up and there was a crowd of poeple. The cops told everyone to go home. My buddy in the crowd said F-you. One of the cops said "every time I come here I have problems with you people". The grabbed my buddy and arrested him so we thought. He called an hour latter asking for help. Two cops beat the snot out of him and dropped him off in one of the worst parts of Detroit.

It don't just happen to black people.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

It don't just happen to black people.

No it doesn't, but I'll bet you anything it happens more often to black people.

I see it in my own neighbourhood.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have to say, if you came up to me in plainclothes in a parking lot, and said you were a LEO, my next statement would be 'show me a photo ID'. I don't know you're a LEO. If you are, fine, if not and claiming you are, you are at least a criminal and likely unbalanced.

At the point you claim to be a cop and are not wearing a proper uniform (and within your jurisdiction too!) then it's going to be a real polar encounter. I'm either going to believe you and be nice, if you fail to convince me I'm going to assume my life's in danger.

At least around here, plainclothes LEOs will ALWAYS ID if you ask. They can't give you a traffic cite if they're in an unmarked, either.

ETA: I'm not sure I've ever had an encounter with a plainclothes LEO I didn't know personally where they DIDN'T identify properly right up front. This guy not doing that leads me to think he's not one. It would really make me edgy if someone accosted me as a LEO and didn't ID right off.

I have startled the crap out of some plainclothes guys and had them pull sidearms on me first but I was asking for it.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by WaterBottle

Straight forward? We didn't get to see the beginning. And this isn't the first time someone has mentioned that we hadn't seen how this all started and you keep dodging that little factoid.

Nothing of relevance happened before the film starts. You are just making stuff up to justify this kind of behaviour.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My gut feeling tells me that this scenario was created by the ice tea drinker to entice the police into starting on him, fairly certain. Though, maybe he's right to expose this kind of unbalanced police work, there are too many bad elements in the police, I've had first hand experience with their power hungry attitudes and curruptness, though to be fair I've dealt with some excellent police too.

What makes me angry is the lenient punishment the police get when these things come to light.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

OK, bs. How hard is it to put alcohol into an open can?? Not hard at all. To my knowledge carrying an open alcohol container in public is illegal. All that X had to do was let the officer smell the can. Instead he was defiant. This is why many people get arrested for petty stuff, they're stupid and try pressing their luck.
Chances are that X has a rap sheet as long as his leg too. SMh.

ETA: Arizona tea is also popular in many subcultures. Codeine (illegal without prescription/or illegal to abuse) is used in the tea. OP< I know you are aware of this so stop the race baiting.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by WaterBottle

As someone already mentioned... Why is dude filming dude drinking an ice tea? Much like many videos we see at ATS, it simply doesn't make any sense.

Secondly, while I agree, "X" wasn't breaking any laws, and certainly wasn't tresspassing, all he had to do was let the cop smell the drink. that's it. Instead, he refused, even told the cop to go into the store. I don't agree with the arrest, i don't agree with the harassment either.

But if you are drinking an ice tea, let the cop smell it, case closed right? No, had to be a tough guy while his friend filmed it.

I don't see this as racist, I can easily see a white guy doing the same thing and getting tossed. What I do have an issue with, is the clearly drunk guy who wanders into the shot while the cop is being a dick, and the cop says nothing, not a word to him.

If you are not acting drunk why would you feel it is ok for anyone to check what you drink?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join