It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested For Drinking Ice Tea in Parking Lot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24
The beverage is an Arnold Palmer not an Ice Tea.
They are quite refreshing.

yes it is, and distributed by az iced tea.

see this wiki.

Arnold Palmer (drink)

The drink was sold under the Arnold Palmer name by Innovative Flavors since 2001, with Palmer's picture and signature on the bottle. Since the mid-2000s, Arizona Beverage Company has handled distribution of the beverage. Arizona sells Arnold Palmer half-and-half in 11.5 and 23 ounce cans, 20, 34, and 42 ounce bottles, and 64 ounce and gallon jugs.[8] Lemonade combined with iced tea is also sold without the Arnold Palmer name by other companies, such as Lipton Brisk, Country Time,[9] Sweet Leaf,[10] XINGtea,[11] Snapple.[12] and Peace Tea (as Caddyshack).

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

www.pharmacyreviewer.com...
A quick google search found me that.

Have you ever heard of Sizzer, or Syrup? C'mon now. Don't play coy. Lil' Wayne raps about that stuff all the time. it's codeine in some type of juice, flavored iced tea is also popular to use with the "cough syrup".

Here, www.youtube.com... People have been doing it for a long time :/
DISLAIMER: VULGARITY IN THE YOUTUBE VIDEO

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

To paraphrase Kramer from Seinfeld: 'It's iced tea! Its lemonade!....IT'S DELICIOUS! Very refreshing!"
edit on 2-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
its a shame that some of you are trying your best to figure out a reason why he deserved to be arrested anyone would've been confrontational if you were drinking anything and an officer wanted to check it cmon lets be honest im black living in Atlanta and i have gone through similar incidents every since i hit my teens racial profiling is a way of life here even the black officers do it ive even been told thats why i was pulled over or harassed believe it or not

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PharaohSmiff

:/ Well, if the crime rate stats weren't so unGodly high, racial profiling wouldn't happen.
I am NOT condoning racial profiling, I'm just pointing out a reason that it could be happening.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

He is trying to claim the guy is drinking ice tea with codeine that he put into it. He has no evidence of this and it is a ridiculous assumption. I'm going to assume he's trying to allude to "sizzurp", which is a drink referenced in a few rap songs. But he has no clue what he is even talking about because it isn't made with Iced Tea. ie; he's just being racist.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You might want to put a warning on that for language.

First reaction? This plain clothes 'cop' never once identified himself. As soon as he got physical, they would have been well within their rights to defend themselves.

Im guessing he's a rent-a-cop, which is why he never showed a badge, and never said you're under arrest.

ETA: at second look, its almost a guarantee that he is a rent-a-cop. his demeanor, the fact that he had to dial the police on his cell phone.

And for the record, there is no way, in hell, I would let a stranger stick his nose up to the container I am putting my mouth on. I may have offered to pour some out so he could smell it, but come on, I dont want some grimy looking guy putting his nasty face on my drink.
edit on 2-5-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Guy was most likely a plain cloths cop, they need a patrol officer to transport someone since it has a cage. And from what I saw he just wanted to read the label. Even after that he said to leave, gave him many chances. I would like to know, since they could barely speak english, what these guy's do for a living to have fancy cars cloths and watches. By the way he talked he definitely was not educated so me thinks a drug dealer.

He also seemed to keep looking in the stores direction so I wonder if something had happened prior to this as to why the cop singled out this guy, Argument in store maybe and owner said to get off property? Guess we will never know.

Gs

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
deleted as per my first post.
edit on 2-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I didn't say he was, I said he could have, the same as he could have had alcohol in it. Why else was he such a douche about it? Unless he's had many prior run ins with the law hence his discontent with authority. See how all of that kind of falls into place?

Dude, get off the hate wagon. You don't like what I have to say and it gets your panties in a bunch. Use your cognitive and critical thinking skills and leave emotion at the door.
edit on 2-5-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

:/ Well, if the crime rate stats weren't so unGodly high, racial profiling wouldn't happen.
I am NOT condoning racial profiling, I'm just pointing out a reason that it could be happening.
by that statement alone proves to me and im sure everyone else that your are in fact a racist maybe you just dont know it and im not playing the race card white people break as many laws as blacks

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am totally and utterly dumbfounded by your statement!! If you go by sheer numbers, sure. But, if you go by percentages of the population, I'm right and you're very, very wrong. Sorry.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
Guess we will never know.

So why try to jump to the defense of the rent-a-cop then?

It's pretty obvious if you watch the video, without trying to find things to implicate the black guy with some kind of crime, that the incident starts with the rent-a-cop asking to know what he was drinking. If there had been a previous incident we would not see the black guy casually closing his car door, and casually sipping his LEGAL drink in a public parking lot. Think about it.

edit on 5/2/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Dude, How did you miss the part where I said the codeine is put in the drinks?? OMG. *facepalm*
Ok, let me rephrase that. Codeine cough syrup is often mixed into drinks such as juice and iced tea. Now, they don't put the juice in the cough syrup bottles but they do put the cough syrup in the juice/tea containers.

The point being, One sniff and the cop would've been gone. But no, X had to be defiant which led to suspicion on the cops behalf. "hmm, what does this guy have in the container that he doesn't want me to know about?"

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish "he was defiant."

good for him. it's the endless compliance of people (like you i guess) to petty officials like this clown that has resulted in the situation we have now - where YOU MUST OBEY all and any demands of said petty officialdom, or face over the top petulant reprisals. pathetic, just pathetic. i say defy little jobsworths, nazi cops, authority everywhere and anywhere that they presume to be more important than the citizens they are supposed to SERVE.

or get stomped some more.
edit on 2/5/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

thats the point minorities are targeted lets use a stereotypical example you might understand if you have 10 black crack dealers and 10 white meth dealers all the crack dealers will be locked up and maybe 2 meth dealers will be caught because blacks are targeted more than whites i know that sounds offensive but this is something an actual cop told me he was a friend of the family and yes he was white

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Races aren't breeds. Only racist people think that. You're projecting really bad right now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join