It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I have worked with explosives, both military and commercial .

I know how much black powder you could get from the fireworks in that photo. I know from the cloud of smoke at the bombings that there was more powder detonated at the scene than what came from those paltry firework wrappers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by thegrayman123
Any reason why on page 3 of 4 of THIS affidavit that the total number of Felony Counts against Azamat Tazhaykov is denoted as "2" even though only one is listed?

Comparing this to Dias Kadyrbayev who's is identical aside from personal info and only has one total felony count.

I personally don't know for certain, but, I can guess that it is likely a typo....and may be corrected later (or already, but not posted here). Do I know this as a fact, no, it's only an opinion of the likely reason (typos in criminal cases happen far too often IMO) for the mismatch.

Yeah, I guess I just expected spot on paperwork in such an important case.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I have worked with explosives, both military and commercial .

I know how much black powder you could get from the fireworks in that photo. I know from the cloud of smoke at the bombings that there was more powder detonated at the scene than what came from those paltry firework wrappers.

Again, I agree. However, this was only ONE finding of empty fireworks, not ALL of them found. More were found last week (I think it was) as I posted earlier. How many more were disposed of between the time of the purchase by suspect #1 and the final assembly? I don;t have that answer, and I'll bet nobody ever will if they were disposed of long before now.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No ones curious as to why these suspects are all the sudden being pegged but they let the saudi guy go who was flagged as a terrorist?

Beuler? Beuler? anyone?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sorry, I meant to tag the bekod post.

I read your other post...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For those unaware, fireworks are illegal to possess or use in Massachusetts. They were purchased in NH, then illegally transported ans stored in Massachusetts by suspect #1 and suspect #2. Suspects #3, #4, and #5 that are in court at this moment are NOT being charged for possession of explosives. Only for disposal of evidence and falsifying reports to the authorities.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted:

From Le Figaro:

www.lefigaro.fr...

Les trois nouveaux suspects sont trois étudiants de 19 ans: Dias Kadyrbayev et Azamat Tazhayakov, originaires du Kazakhstan, et Robel Phillipos, Américain. Les deux premiers sont accusés de complot visant à entraver la justice, a précisé le procureur. Ils auraient cherché à détruire et faire disparaitre le sac à dos de Djokar Tsarnaev, de sa chambre universitaire de l'université du Massachusetts à Dartmouth, après que l'adolescent eut été identifié par le FBI, trois jours après l'attentat. Tous les deux étaient entrés aux Etats-Unis avec un visa d'étudiant. Le troisième est accusé de fausse déclaration. Aucun détail n'a été donné sur la teneur de cette déclaration.

Google Translation:

The three suspects are three new students 19 years: Dias Kadyrbayev and Azamat Tazhayakov, from Kazakhstan, and Robel Phillipos American. The first two are accused of conspiracy to obstruct justice, said the prosecutor. They have sought to destroy and make disappear the backpack Dzhokar Tsarnaev of his dorm room at the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, after the teenager had been identified by the FBI, three days after the attack. Both had entered the United States on a student visa. The third is accused of misrepresentation. No details were given about the content of this statement.

Le Figaro is mainstream press in France, right of center. Take the above for what it is, a press report.

edit on 1-5-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Well France will be on this now because Robert B. Zoellick was allowed to walk a way when Hillary set up Dominique Strauss-Khan for rape and had him thrown out. Then took his pass words to spy on the corruption.Which ties into this bombing case. Even Karsi in Afghanistan being outed for cash from the CIA is tied to this bombing. And the smuggling to Chechnya for anti Russian attacks.
edit on 1-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When I read the FBI complaint against the friends of Dzhokhar, I find myself wondering what would possess them to put a document, an assignment sheet with Dzhokhar's name on it, into the backpack with the fireworks remnants and his laptop and then dump it all in one lump.

I realize that these are only kids and that is probably sufficient to explain a string of stupid, stupid acts, but still, wouldn't it be awfully easy given the collection of nitwits we are dealing with, for the authorities to slip in a little incriminating evidence with the fireworks stuff and then intimidate a witness into saying he put it there?

Just sayin'.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
When I read the FBI complaint against the friends of Dzhokhar, I find myself wondering what would possess them to put a document, an assignment sheet with Dzhokhar's name on it, into the backpack with the fireworks remnants and his laptop and then dump it all in one lump.

I realize that these are only kids and that is probably sufficient to explain a string of stupid, stupid acts, but still, wouldn't it be awfully easy given the collection of nitwits we are dealing with, for the authorities to slip in a little incriminating evidence with the fireworks stuff and then intimidate a witness into saying he put it there?

Just sayin'.

I think you are misunderstanding the story here. They did not pack up the backpack with the items, the fireworks (and likely the assignment sheet) was already int he back pack. They grabbed the laptop, put it in the backpack with the other stuff, and THEN put that along with some apt trash into a large black plastic garbage bag, and threw it into the dumpster outside THE APARTMENT COMPLEX.

There's stupid to go all around for these suspects. THe fact they were in college astounds me actually....

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I guess a kangaro court is better than no court at all. Gotta convince everyone that the two chechens were behind the attack and that justified locking up half the city if not more, closing down business and making life difficult for everyone.

A lot of confessions happen under duress. "NO, I did NOT do it." "YES YOU DID!!!!!!!!" "No I didn't" "bullets are a dime a dozen, say you did". "ok i did"

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I guess a kangaro court is better than no court at all. Gotta convince everyone that the two chechens were behind the attack and that justified locking up half the city if not more, closing down business and making life difficult for everyone.

A lot of confessions happen under duress. "NO, I did NOT do it." "YES YOU DID!!!!!!!!" "No I didn't" "bullets are a dime a dozen, say you did". "ok i did"

True...confessions are made under duress unfortunately. However, if it is backed up by the investigators finding their fingerprints on the items, then, it looks like the confessions might be accurate...right? Or, if the roommate of suspect #2 (who was at the apt at the time they took the items) can corroborate the story, then it adds even more plausibility of it being true.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You might be right, but the "trash" may have been papers with his name on them. Papers from school and the opened fireworks containers don't sound very "neat", if neatness counts for anything, but I take your point. The papers could have been in the backpack already.

They certainly made things worse for their friend. Left on the spot, an explanation might have been found for everything. They had set off fireworks in the recent past. What better way to "disarm them" but by cutting them open and dumping the powder, if one didn't want to store them and didn't want to set them off?

Lunkheads without lawyers.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I thought the backpack blew up at the marathon? So supposedly Dzhokhar Tsarnaev went home after the bombings WITH his backpack? In the "pictures" released he left without the bag. I don't watch the news because they dumb down most Americans. Government is telling the media what to say. Reporters don't report anymore, or look for the truth.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

anything is possible but I don't really buy the official story at this point. there was a terror drill the day the bombing happened, the mother and father say their children are innocent, the media can't get much of their "facts" straight, the feds were involved, the whole thing was sensationalised to kingdom come, the police over-reacted.

if the media sensationalises something there is a strong probability of *agenda driven nonsense*. That is all I am saying. People get shot and robbed every day and no one gives a fat turd about it. Now its a big deal all of sudden, yeah right.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

The more I hear about these three...I can't help but think that they may have just made some foolish mistakes out of fear...and I just have to wonder too...if they are not being set up by someone...who that may be I don't know.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exposed13
I thought the backpack blew up at the marathon? So supposedly Dzhokhar Tsarnaev went home after the bombings WITH his backpack? In the "pictures" released he left without the bag.

According to the FBI complaint,

www.scribd.com...

. . . the bag found with the fireworks tubes, laptop, Vaseline and homework paper was dark, unlike the one he is seen carrying the day of the bombing.

Personally, I think he left the scene with that bag and that he was carrying another bag as well.

The key piece of evidence not released by the authorities is a video showing him leaving a bag at the scene of the bombing and then walking away without it. That is what I would love to see.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I thought the backpack blew up at the marathon? So supposedly Dzhokhar Tsarnaev went home after the bombings WITH his backpack? In the "pictures" released he left without the bag. I don't watch the news because they dumb down most Americans. Government is telling the media what to say. Reporters don't report anymore, or look for the truth.

I guess owning multiple backpacks is too "way out there" to consider here? When I was in college, I had 3 backpacks, each stuffed with books for different subjects to make it easier to drop and go between classes. But then perhaps that makes too much sense. Especially considering, that the suspects expected to never have their backpacks again after they exploded. So, having a duplicate to show you still had it is absurd. And for these geniuses, it would be brilliant.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Investigative journalism died after 9-11-2001 and even if the media wanted to do a decent job the politicians play the national security card and kill it before any facts can come out. The government says do this, and the media says ok.

The fourth estate died. Plain and simple. NDAA, DHS, Patriot Act, TSA all unconstitutional to the core.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

anything is possible but I don't really buy the official story at this point. there was a terror drill the day the bombing happened,

This is still unconfirmed. It was reported by one man, with no one else or pics of this happening. With that many folks at the event, i would have expected to hear more descriptions of this by this time.

the mother and father say their children are innocent,

Everyone's child is innocent, didn't you know that? Heck, I'll bet every prison inmates mother would say the same thing. What is she supposed to say, "oh yeah, they are guilty/ I knew they were bad kids the day they were born..."

the media can't get much of their "facts" straight, the feds were involved, the whole thing was sensationalised to kingdom come, the police over-reacted.

Since when does the media get ANY breaking story correct? Their goal is NOT the truth but getting a scoop on the competition so the ad revenues don't drop and they still make a profit.

if the media sensationalises something there is a strong probability of *agenda driven nonsense*. That is all I am saying. People get shot and robbed every day and no one gives a fat turd about it. Now its a big deal all of sudden, yeah right.

Ahh... I see. So, the fact that a bombing at a world-wide media event, that is a tradition to the Boston area since the late 19th century gets more press than the person shot last night at a convenience store in a remote town, it's all "agenda driven". Yet, it is agenda driven, I'll agree. But the agenda is profit, and ad revenue. THAT;s the REAL conspiracy here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join