It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It is possible that they were running down some of these new suspects contacts, friends and communications before they decided to arrest them.
It could be a larger cell involved.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If they are involved...what a dumb license plate to buy for his buddy.....

The Kazakh Foreign Ministry said Monday night that U.S. authorities came across the two while searching for "possible links and contacts" to Tsarnaev, a sophomore at the university. U.S. immigration officials have declined to discuss the reasons why the men were detained.

John Hoey, an assistant chancellor at UMass Dartmouth, said Kadyrbayev is no longer enrolled; he was last a student in the fall. Tazhayakov is enrolled.

The pair had lived at an off-campus apartment in New Bedford, about 60 miles south of Boston, and got around in a car registered to Kadyrbayev with a souvenir plate that says "Terrorista (hash)1." The car was pictured on Tsarnaev's Twitter feed in March.

That plate was just a joke gift from some of Kadyrbayev's friends, meant to invoke his penchant for late-night partying rather than his political sentiments, Stahl said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Havox

More info coming in.....

According to CBS News, the three people arrested are friends of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

Two will be charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice and making false statements. They are not U.S. citizens.

According to WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson, their names are Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev. Both are originally from Kazakhstan and attended the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

The third suspect, according to CBS News, is an American citizen and he will be charged with making false statements.

Sources told CBS News senior correspondent John Miller that investigators arrested the three for harboring or aiding the Tsarnaev brothers after the fact. These will be federal charges.

boston.cbslocal.com...

I'm also wondering if the American citizen is the Wife of Brother #1.

Des

edit on 1-5-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

"He" will be charged with making false statements.

Misha?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Could the third american citizen be the uncle? He made a ton of statements up front.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is very interesting.
I am resisting the temptation to believe ANY of the reports that are coming out right now, until we get official word on exactly what these arrests are about. Word (true and false) travels like wildfire on the internet.

I have (before this announcement) had suspicions of a group of people pulling this off. Not a terrorist cell, so to speak, but some young people with an ax to grind. The pictures of some of the women in the myriad of photos and the female DNA found leads me to believe that the brothers Tsarnaev might not have acted alone. But that's just my own personal conspiracy theory.

Will be watching.

edit on 5/1/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I just happen to have an uncensored photo of the suspects on my dropbox.

Cant seem to find this photo on the web anywhere with out blurred out faces.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is some info on possible charges they were arrested under.....

CBS confirms 3 suspects were arrested for harboring/aiding the bombing suspects after the fact. These will be federal charges.

I would think they may be possible room mates?

Des

The suspects were supposedly on their way to NYC right within hours of photos being released to the media, so how could anyone harbor them if they technically had no knowledge?

My guess: It seems these three are being charged for harboring/ aiding, because they wouldn't "cooperate" with the official questioning. They were probably pushing a different narrative then what is being pushed by the Feds. The Fed's don't like that.

Unless these are "friends" with the 1st suspect, who was said to "have no friends" then they have to be friends of the 2nd suspect (ie college students), and judging by the tweets of his friends, everyone was in shock and couldn't believe he would do it. The past two weeks have been smear campaigns against anyone who doesn't go along with the official story, so why any different?

Seems the Feds are just trying to muddle up any of the defense's possible witnesses. If friends of the 2nd suspect are charged, how can they deliver what would be considered reliable testimony?

The Fed's have a known shady history when it comes to Federal cases and trying to win cases by any means possible. Watch the film/ documentary "Limelight" if you want to see one occasion of how the Feds' will distort anything and everything to try and win a Federal case (they lost that one because their key witnesses were all criminals working with the Feds, who were being pushed by an agenda not justice). It's not uncommon for Federal Prosecutors to pull almost anything out of their pocket to try and win one case. Most of them only care about their legacy, not justice. This is a huge case, and they need to win, if not they their career will go out the window.

I guess these people wouldn't go along with the official story, like Uncle Tsarni (who it turned out was married in to US intelligence) and the Fed doesn't like that, so they get charged for aiding instead. If the Feds are pushing info out to the media to make the public think everyone close to the suspects knew and were involved, then why would the police say they were certain that there were only 2 involved only weeks ago and everyone was safe? Makes ZERO sense.

Feels like we are living in a strange communist China,KGB Russia, Nazi Germany, where you will be charged unless you co-operate with the official story being pushed, even if you KNOW it's wrong. It doesn't matter, they will charge you, run your name through mud by releasing inside source info about you to the media, and you will be thrown away as well.

How anyone will get a fair trial in this situation is beyond me.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There's more involved than even these guys. I say thins due to the testimony of a Malden, MA taxi driver that picked up the two original suspects the Sunday morning prior to the Boston Marathon. They were picked up at the Malden "T" Station (Boston subway is called the "T") with heavy backpacks. This station is also the connection point for the commuter rail train going north of Boston. So, why were they there north of Boston if these guys just arrested are south of Boston? There is no easy way to travel (without driving) from New Bedford, MA to Malden, MA.

There are likely others north of Boston that wither know or are involved with building these devices used that next day at the Boston Marathon.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
That picture of all of them, thats Times Square yeah?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think there is a drug connection to all this that goes all the way to Afghanistan and Chechnya tied to USAID and the CIA. They have been smuggling drugs to the Chechens to support them in there anti Russia attacks, Smugglers in America and even Canada had to come to Chechnya to do attacks on Russia in order to be accepted into the international drug ring. The older bomber killed his best friend and two others in the same style as the Chechens cutting there throats. When he was put on a terrorist list I wonder if he went after who he thought told on him. He then traveled to Chechnya to prove his loyalty. The uncle of the bombers was tied to front companies the US used to smuggle money to the Chechens to fight the Russians,

Chechnya the US and Russia were behind this bust.
www.wam.org.ae...

CIA and Chechnya.
www.srilankaguardian.org...

And it is funny how Saudi Arabia is brought up in that, Saudi Arabia also warned the US and refused a passport to the older brother.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ted-application-entry-visa-visit-Mecca-2011.html

The uncles business history. CIA front companies.
www.zoominfo.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am resisting the temptation to believe ANY of the reports that are coming out right now, until we get official word on exactly what these arrests are about. Word (true and false) travels like wildfire on the internet.

Good call.
We have certainly seen a multitude of crap reports from Boston marathon bombing and Sandy Hook.

Trouble is, when do we decide the stories are believable?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayman123

Looks like it to me.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AndorMachini

Picture comes from Dias VK account.

vk.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

You have a really great imagination.
But there is no indication that those arrested had no knowledge beforehand. Or do you think they'd answer FBI's questions with: "Yeah, I knew they were going to do it"... ? Of course, they're going to state that they knew nothing and are totally surprised at the brothers' actions.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
Trouble is, when do we decide the stories are believable?

I think each person has to apply their own logic and do the best we can. I still haven't decided concretely that the brothers did this, so I may never feel like I know the truth.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

nice! thanks for pinning the source.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by AndorMachini

Picture comes from Dias VK account.

vk.com...

Also from his account.....

Contact information
Current city:
Boston
Education
College or university:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology '15
Department:
School of Engineering
Boarding school:
Физико-математическая РСФМСШИ им. О. Жаутыкова '11
Алма-Ата (з)
Beliefs
World view:
Islam
Personal priority:
Improving the world
Important in others:
Kindness and honesty
Views on smoking:
Very negative
Views on alcohol:
Very negative
Personal information

Des

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Collateral damage?

Who knows if they had anything significant to do with this whole event? But I think it's safe to say, this will not end well for these men.

With these dramatic events, the authorities love to interrogate non-stop until they get a confession or force someone talking themselves into a corner. They will try to make each one of them rat on the other. I just hope they remain silent until proper representation is present.

Remember folks, innocent until proven guilty!!

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

It's the media that keeps speculating on things...remember when Wolf said that had a terrorist at the Federal Courthouse? All news agencies are itching to be the first ones to break a story around this...I say wait some time before all the suspects are interviewed and or arrested...not drips of information

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
WCVB TV reporting that Brian Ross (of ABC News), speaking with a lawyer that has been briefed in the case, said the arrested men are being charged with assisting the suspects with disposing of backpack(s) containing fireworks (or remnants) from the dorm room in New Bedford after the bombing.

This could be Monday night or Tuesday I think.....depending upon when the photos of the original suspects were released to the press.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join