Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Boston police take three Boston Marathon bombing suspects into custody

page: 7
39
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling
 


Easy to say when your not a foreigner hiding in a boat with cops firing round after round at and using flash bags and gas on you. Then they haul you away and you think I am going to Gittmo if they don't kill me. Or maybe he is protecting others or at least trying to. Plus he was drugged up when they were questioning him. Dope him up then take him off and ask him some questions. Repeat over and over again.




posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
A post from Robel kidane Phillipos.

umdfyebookblink.wordpress.com...




Robel Phillipos August 30, 2011 at 10:57 pm Blink is a perfect blend of common sense and examples with a hint of personal experiences. It explains the small decisions we make on the spot with simple vocabulary which allows readers to focus on the idea the book exudes instead of trying to understand what the vocabulary mean. The overall idea can be compared to any type of lifestyle and can be read anytime. Blink also questions our everyday lives and shows how these small surges of knowledge powered through these blink of an eye decisions make just as important of an impact as our more thought out ideas. Log in to Reply

Robel Phillipos August 30, 2011 at 11:04 pm Gladwell is an unbiased author but he still unwillingly exudes the same cliché fairytales that whites are superior to blacks. It seems that even though the idea of equality is spread it doesn’t reach our inner most thoughts. Maybe when our idea of equality grows from the teenage years to adulthood then maybe we will not be slaves to our subconscious.Gladwell shoes that even the nicest of all people has a dark side in their subconscious; it’s just a matter of how much control we have over this “dark side”. This could instead mean that our subconscious is the most honest part of our minds. Most people have prejudices but do not speak of them because it morally wrong. But to have them in your mind means that there will always be a possibility that those ideas that are trapped in the labyrinth that is the human brain could escape to the outside world and those ideas could be perceived as disturbing. Log in to Reply


Just a book review or is it insightful of how he feels?



posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Wish they would make up their minds. First there was a cell, then there was no cell, now there is a cell again. Then they received help, then they did it on their own, now it looks like they had help again. Then the bombs were sophisticated, then they were simple, now they are sophisticated again. Geesh this story is enough to make your head spin the way it keeps changing.

Here is an idea for reporters and analysts, report the story when you have the facts straight.


With 24 hour news there is a lot of airtime to fill.

They don't want you to change the channel, so they report every rumor early on.

And of course the "Truthers" use those early inaccurate reports as a base for a conspiracy theory.



posted on May, 1 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by thegrayman123
Confused by this article. Specifically:

"On April 26, federal investigators found Tzarnaev's backpack at a nearby landfill, according to court documents. It's unclear if his laptop has been recovered."

Laptop? No laptop?


I guess you missed the part about "unclear" in that sentence from a Yahoo! News Blog. Also what "court documents"? It doesn't mention them either does it? The court document that I linked to, here in this thread, are the charges against them and has all the information.

I decided to make it a bit easier for folks here to fin and read this document, so here's the link again:
Complaint against Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev

edit on 1-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added link to source


Says they have been in custody since 4/20.

So there is a lot more to this story coming.

These must be the 3 that were arrested in that house search where there was talk of tunnels and more explosives at first, then nothing.

Of course those early reports could be wrong.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic
 


I would agree on that. We haven't heard anything in regards to those tunnels or the individuals in the house. The same goes for the rocket that was found in the basement. Was that the same house by chance?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pennylemon

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by butcherguy
 


If they are involved...what a dumb license plate to buy for his buddy.....


The Kazakh Foreign Ministry said Monday night that U.S. authorities came across the two while searching for "possible links and contacts" to Tsarnaev, a sophomore at the university. U.S. immigration officials have declined to discuss the reasons why the men were detained.

John Hoey, an assistant chancellor at UMass Dartmouth, said Kadyrbayev is no longer enrolled; he was last a student in the fall. Tazhayakov is enrolled.

The pair had lived at an off-campus apartment in New Bedford, about 60 miles south of Boston, and got around in a car registered to Kadyrbayev with a souvenir plate that says "Terrorista (hash)1." The car was pictured on Tsarnaev's Twitter feed in March.

That plate was just a joke gift from some of Kadyrbayev's friends, meant to invoke his penchant for late-night partying rather than his political sentiments, Stahl said.


www.huffingtonpost.com...

Des



Des,
I am compelled again to point out that this licence plate has nothing whatsoever to do with "terrorism". I can just imagine these kids explaining it to their lawyer the way kids might try to explain something like this to their grandparents i.e. "it's just a joke grandma". It is genuinely a reference to a club remix that has become very popular in the club dance scene called "Harlem Shake".

Penny


Penny, I appreciate your comments--I'm familiar with the Harlem Shake but not hip to much associated with it. (imo, the music is good but the dance...not so much) I recently read a blog post with a screen cap that contained some of what you describe in reference to the Harlem Shake about saying calm. The blog post is informative in itself but scroll down a bit and see what I mean. It looks like words originally linked to the HS have been hijacked by terrorista sympathizers and Johar truthers. But I could be misinterpreting it.

Link: shoebat.com...

Very informative discussion and thread .
edit on 2-5-2013 by clearlyme because: (no reason given)
edit on 2-5-2013 by clearlyme because: clean up



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


And only sell one paper?

Are you mad!!

They see the money and like sharks feeding, they frenzy until everything has been shredded.

That's how they cover things up dont ya know.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I think we should conduct more serious background checks into who we're letting into the damn country.Luckily the punks we're wanna be terrorists with no bomb making skills.Will more intensive checks take the applicant a longerwait.Yes.Do we care?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This story is so confusing. I just read this from Tom Heneghan:
Checkmate!




It can now be reported that it was the TREASONOUS Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that ordered Katherine Russell, the wife of the late Boston bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, to destroy the laptop computer that is now in question in regards to the three Facebook students from the nation of Pakistan that were arrested today and charged with obstruction of justice.

Note: These three students did nothing except to have a friendship with the Tsarnaev brothers and put nothing of substance concerning this case in their trash. The laptop computer contained phone numbers and emails of DHS contacts and Russian FSB colleagues and Israeli Mossad assets in the nations of Chechnya and the Republic of Georgia.

We can now divulge that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, as well as her late husband, and the younger brother of Tamerlan Tsarnaev were all Russian FSB Intelligence agents and employees of the Department of Homeland Security. The phone call made by Katherine Russell Tsarnaev was actually made to the highest level of the Department of Homeland Security who then gave her her marching orders to destroy the computer.


The blog goes on to say that CBS News says that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev turned over the computer to U.S. Marshals and that Senator Lindsey Graham, R SCarolina, is in possession of the evidence! I could not find any corroborating info on Google.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by Krakatoa

Originally posted by thegrayman123
Confused by this article. Specifically:

"On April 26, federal investigators found Tzarnaev's backpack at a nearby landfill, according to court documents. It's unclear if his laptop has been recovered."

Laptop? No laptop?


I guess you missed the part about "unclear" in that sentence from a Yahoo! News Blog. Also what "court documents"? It doesn't mention them either does it? The court document that I linked to, here in this thread, are the charges against them and has all the information.

I decided to make it a bit easier for folks here to fin and read this document, so here's the link again:
Complaint against Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev

edit on 1-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: Added link to source


Says they have been in custody since 4/20.

So there is a lot more to this story coming.

These must be the 3 that were arrested in that house search where there was talk of tunnels and more explosives at first, then nothing.

Of course those early reports could be wrong.


They were detained n New Bedford, not Watertown on the 20th. The suspects #3 and #4 were detained on immigration charges. Specifically, it was for violations of student visas for not being enrolled in school here, which is a condition of the visas. No school? Ship them back home. It has nothing to do with that house search in Watertown at all.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DiscreteParticle
 

From your link:

in regards to the three Facebook students from the nation of Pakistan that were arrested today and charged with obstruction of justice.

What is a Facebook student?
I have looked at Facebook. Does that make me a 'Facebook student'?

The dude at the blog needs to show me some evidence. The story could be true, with our govt, but I need evidence.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by DiscreteParticle
 

From your link:

in regards to the three Facebook students from the nation of Pakistan that were arrested today and charged with obstruction of justice.

What is a Facebook student?
I have looked at Facebook. Does that make me a 'Facebook student'?

The dude at the blog needs to show me some evidence. The story could be true, with our govt, but I need evidence.



I fail to understand how a random myspace blogger that even gets the country of origin wrong can be believed by anyone willing to research facts in the case. This blogger claims the 3 arrested are from Pakistan, when NONE of them are from Pakistan at all. The facts are that two are from Chechnya, and one is a natural born U.S. citizen of Ethiopian descent. If he cant get that correct, then I would highly doubt anything he has to say at all in his wild flights of tin-foil fantasy.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa
 


I am in total agreement.

I still want to know what a Facebook student is though.

All of these kids were going to Dartmouth at one point. I thought Ivy League schools were better than all of this, I mean that these kids don't seem to have shown a lot of intelligence in their actions connected with this... if they weren't terrorists, anyway.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiscreteParticle
This story is so confusing. I just read this from Tom Heneghan:
Checkmate!




It can now be reported that it was the TREASONOUS Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that ordered Katherine Russell, the wife of the late Boston bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, to destroy the laptop computer that is now in question in regards to the three Facebook students from the nation of Pakistan that were arrested today and charged with obstruction of justice.

Note: These three students did nothing except to have a friendship with the Tsarnaev brothers and put nothing of substance concerning this case in their trash. The laptop computer contained phone numbers and emails of DHS contacts and Russian FSB colleagues and Israeli Mossad assets in the nations of Chechnya and the Republic of Georgia.

We can now divulge that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, as well as her late husband, and the younger brother of Tamerlan Tsarnaev were all Russian FSB Intelligence agents and employees of the Department of Homeland Security. The phone call made by Katherine Russell Tsarnaev was actually made to the highest level of the Department of Homeland Security who then gave her her marching orders to destroy the computer.


The blog goes on to say that CBS News says that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev turned over the computer to U.S. Marshals and that Senator Lindsey Graham, R SCarolina, is in possession of the evidence! I could not find any corroborating info on Google.



That blog is just plain stupid. We cant assertain anything from that. It just spreads more confusion.

Seondly, im a bit confused on the laptop issue. Maybe due to the massive amout of articles i have read. We dont know if the laptop was recovered from the landfill or not. Some people are talking about tamerlins wife turning the laptop in. So are we talking about 2 laptops? Its safe to assume that each brother had his own laptop. SO which one are they in possesion of?



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DiscreteParticle
This story is so confusing. I just read this from Tom Heneghan:
Checkmate!




It can now be reported that it was the TREASONOUS Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that ordered Katherine Russell, the wife of the late Boston bombing suspect, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, to destroy the laptop computer that is now in question in regards to the three Facebook students from the nation of Pakistan that were arrested today and charged with obstruction of justice.

Note: These three students did nothing except to have a friendship with the Tsarnaev brothers and put nothing of substance concerning this case in their trash. The laptop computer contained phone numbers and emails of DHS contacts and Russian FSB colleagues and Israeli Mossad assets in the nations of Chechnya and the Republic of Georgia.

We can now divulge that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev, as well as her late husband, and the younger brother of Tamerlan Tsarnaev were all Russian FSB Intelligence agents and employees of the Department of Homeland Security. The phone call made by Katherine Russell Tsarnaev was actually made to the highest level of the Department of Homeland Security who then gave her her marching orders to destroy the computer.


The blog goes on to say that CBS News says that Katherine Russell Tsarnaev turned over the computer to U.S. Marshals and that Senator Lindsey Graham, R SCarolina, is in possession of the evidence! I could not find any corroborating info on Google.


Given the obvious problems with the writing of the article in such an unintelligible manner I would not take anything gleaned from the blog as truth.

Unless that is the DHS urged the bomber's wife to destroy the laptop (LOL). Somehow I do not believe that is the message the blogger intended to communicate.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


They are saying that the roommates interfered with the investigation, not helped them to construct bombs. Lets not make this into something that its not.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ya I heard on the radio this morning that two guys that were here on student visas were picked up around 11 days ago, but not in relation to the bombing, but rather for something to do with their status in this country. I heard they were not going to class or something. Anyway, apparently these two were not connected with the actual bombing itself, and did not have foreknowledge of the attack. Rather, upon seeing their friend, one of the suspects, from the FBI photo via the MSM, they went to his dorm room, he wasn't there, and they found a backpack with emptied out fireworks. Supposedly one of them disposed of the backpack, thus all they can really be charged with is interfering with an investigation, or obstructing justice in a federal case. The firework thing just sounds completely dumb imo.

The MSM made it sound as if fireworks were used in the bombing. I did not think that they simply gathered black powder from fireworks to make these bombs. That would have taken a whole lot of fireworks. I have not been following the case very much, but initially I remember hearing something about dynamite. I was envisioning sticks of dynamite, and this is the first I have heard of fireworks. I do not know what else of importance may have been in that backpack however, and personally I am feeling that these two guys are going to be deported with any charges being dropped. I do not know of anyone else, except for these two guys.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The three new guys were in contact with the younger bomber on twitter. They then went to the room of the younger bomber and grabbed evidence including back pack with fire works and a lap top. Then they went home. While they were at home later they accessed Robels Instagram account and deleted it. They the accessed the younger bombers account and deleted it. Seeing some one accessed the younger bombers account from that house they raided it thinking the younger bomber was there. They took all the suspects into custody. Three guys and a girl. Then they find the two were not enrolled in school but here on a school visa. The third the Ethiopian Robel was in school but when the school found out about his involvement in this case they suspended him.

I am not sure how long it was between them accessing the younger brothers account and the raid. And did they use the lap top to access the younger bombers account? If they used the lap top what happened to it between accessing the account and the raid?

And also to note. Going back to all the mob cases that took place years ago. A wife can not be made by law to testify or give evidence against her husband. So the news going on about the wife and evidence she might give or have to give is BS. The law can not touch her unless they prove she was involved in the plot. They can not touch her if she knew about it and did not say something.
edit on 2-5-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ender58
reply to post by SpaDe_
 


They are saying that the roommates interfered with the investigation, not helped them to construct bombs. Lets not make this into something that its not.


I think it's a little beyond that don't you? I also think you missed my point.



posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How does a pressure cooker bomb become a weapon of mass destruction?

Someone in the States has been playing with definitions again haven't they?

Presumably then, all the Hellfire Missilies and JDAMS that are being routinely used against civilian targets around the world are also weapons of mass destruction?






top topics



 
39
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

log in

join