It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Mt Stanton, Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park.

edit on 6-2-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Cool! I can just about make out Cassiopeia in the bottom left but that looks like it was one mighty cold photo shoot. Is that a stacked multi-shot image or just a single shot at a highish ISO?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

router404
reply to post by w810i

Cool! I can just about make out Cassiopeia in the bottom left but that looks like it was one mighty cold photo shoot. Is that a stacked multi-shot image or just a single shot at a highish ISO?

It was insanely cold. 25 below. It's a single shot with iso of 1600 and exposure of 25 seconds. That was quickly processed when I got home last night around 3 am. So I'll most likely go through and redo it.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

w810i

router404
reply to post by w810i

It was insanely cold. 25 below. It's a single shot with iso of 1600 and exposure of 25 seconds. That was quickly processed when I got home last night around 3 am. So I'll most likely go through and redo it.

Hey there seems to be some large pixels in the lower left corner, is that from the exposure or the quick processing?

You take some great shots, my buddy ripped your image of the city lights and is using it as a wallpaper for his tablet.

-FBB

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

w810i

router404
reply to post by w810i

Hey there seems to be some large pixels in the lower left corner, is that from the exposure or the quick processing?

You take some great shots, my buddy ripped your image of the city lights and is using it as a wallpaper for his tablet.

-FBB

Most likely its from the quick processing. Part of the issue is that at the bottom of the mountain is a lake and because it was so cold last night there was insane fog coming off of the lake so that threw off the bottom of the shot. I have another 30 or so shots to process from last night. Glad your buddy likes it

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

intergalactic fire
Nice thread!
As an amateur photographer i sometimes like to point my camera to the sky and try to capture the night.
Astro photography can be easy and to cheap with just a dslr and tripod( starry nightscapes, startrails, moonshots,...) up to very expensive and time consuming with scopes and tracking devices for deep space photography, timelapse,... all depending on what your objectives are and what output quality you desire.

For the moment i prefer to keep it cheap and use the time to enjoy just looking at the night sky.
This is an image of the milky way from several years back i wanted to share.

If I remember the camera data correct,
the settings were, 30 sec exposure at f4, iso 3200
It's titled, electric universe.

I'd have to say, this is my favorite pic.

On my daughters birthday, there is going to be a meteor shower, can't remember the name.
However, where I plan on going, we will be able to see the same thing.
I keep trying to get her away from the I pod, and I phone and realize there is way more out there in nature, and it is true beauty. maybe some day she will realize it.

Love all the pics to. I just wish I could do something like that.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another shot from last night. Lake McDonald,Glacier National Park. In this shot the Big Dipper is visible as is a shooting star right above the mountain peak. Canon 40D, 14mm Rokinon, 1250/25

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Mt Stanton Panorama, Glacier National Park. A lot of people have asked why the picture looks so noisy or fuzzy and out of focus at the bottom. The reason for that is that when I was doing this set of photos it was 25 below zero out which caused fog/steam to come up from the waters surface in some areas. Personally I like the effect it adds to the image.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

w810i
Mt Stanton Panorama, Glacier National Park. A lot of people have asked why the picture looks so noisy or fuzzy and out of focus at the bottom. The reason for that is that when I was doing this set of photos it was 25 below zero out which caused fog/steam to come up from the waters surface in some areas. Personally I like the effect it adds to the image.

Okay this one is awesome, how perfect is that star right there in the valley?

-FBB
edit on 6-2-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli

w810i

Okay this one is awesome, how perfect is that star right there in the valley?

-FBB
edit on 6-2-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

Thanks! It was something else. Never seen a single star that bright giving off such a reflection. I wished I would have had my tablet with me last night. Would love to know what that was.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I think it's probably Vega rising - I think I can see Mizar and Alcor in the top rightish corner which puts it in about the right place.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here is another shot from the last time I was out. I was waiting for the moon to go down so I took a quick shot. Temp was -25 and the steam as you can see was really starting to come off the lake. The next day the lake would be totally frozen over which hasn't happened in 20 plus years.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Hi All

Quick shot this morning just after 7.00am

Moon and Venus

For those that like to know exposure details below.

Sony SLT A37 1/30th of a second (hand held) f5.6 280mm focal length iso 400.

wmd.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Here is another shot from the last time I was able to get out. Since then we've had nothing but winter storms
Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park

hint of color version

edit on 26-2-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
As an observer at this time, I must say that your pictures take me beyond my earthly existence...and I thank you for that.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This is my first contribution to this thread. Probably odd considering my major but I tend to not take pretty pictures but gather data. That said, I found this one stunning.

Apologies for the B & W image. I may post this again with the color filters. This was taken by me last night, remotely using the 1.2 meter UK Science and Engineering Research Council's Schmidt Reflector in Australia.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the two stars of the Zeta Reticuli widely separated binary system:

Like I said I may post this again in color. You can just about make out the slight color difference between the two in the color image.

My thing isn't taking pretty pictures though, you all do a much better job of that with much more modest telescopes. My thing is using telescopes to gather lightcurves and spectra for further analysis.
edit on 5-3-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Great shot! I sometimes wish I could take deep space shots.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Super moon photos from while back

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

Can select full size and view exif data on all, for example the basic data on first link is

Settings:
Shutter: 1/200
Aperture: ƒ/5.9
ISO 100

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Great shots!

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

I doubt my wife would ever see me again in the evenings if I had a 1.2 metre scope to play with! Great shot anyhow.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join