It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Thanks, mate.

Look about right ? .....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Yeah, that looks about right to me.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

w810i

Canon 40D Rokinon super wide angle lens, 30.0 sec; ISO 3200

My wife and I love this picture! It looks like it should be made into a Christmas card. Nice job and thanks for sharing!

Vince

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

vinceg

w810i

Canon 40D Rokinon super wide angle lens, 30.0 sec; ISO 3200

My wife and I love this picture! It looks like it should be made into a Christmas card. Nice job and thanks for sharing!

Vince

Thanks Vince! It was 19 below zero the night I took this. It was so damn cold out that when I was packing my gear up to head home the leg on my tripod snapped off. The next day when I went through all the pictures this one was originally a reject. That's an excellent idea making it into a Christmas card.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Moonrise at our new home one week before we bought it.

edit on 12-12-2013 by FlyingFox because: iPhone 4

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here are some of the Pictures I took using my 130mm reflector and my HTC phone.

Hope you guys like them

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A couple shots from the Geminid meteor shower this morning.

Taken with Canon 7D, 10mm lens, 20 secs at ISO 800.

Taken with a Canon T1i, 18mm lens, 10 secs at ISO 800.

edit on 14-12-2013 by gavron because: fix link

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow, I feel super lame putting anything of mine in here with all of you actual photogs, but I'll give it a go

I have a Sony Cyber-shot HX9V, and tried to take some pictures of the Geminds last night. There was some high clouds, and light pollution, and I didn't capture much to write home about. I did finally figure out how to stack, so here's a sloppy First at that:

That's 7 images stacked, with a little deepening of the colors, contrast adjustment, slight brightening overall, and a saturation nudge.

For comparison, here's one of the originals, unedited:

They were all taken at ISO 400, and f/8. Next time, I could probably benefit from a higher ISO.

Quick edit: Forgot to mention these are 30 second exposures.
edit on 12/14/2013 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for sharing . Some awesome stuff. Professional quality.

Just wanted to point out that ATS has a thumbnail option for embedding large images.

It's directly below the code box for the regular picture option on the upload page.

Looks like some images may be getting cut off, so I thought I would mention it.

Using a thumbnail also helps cut down on page load time.
(that's a shoutout for the dial up crowd)

clear skies

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

It's all about learning. I've learned some great things in the short time I've been doing Astro. 70% of it has come by way of this thread. So don't ever worry about putting your photos up.

edit on Sat Dec 14 2013 by Jbird because: no need to quote the post immediately before yours . Please use the ' reply to: ' button

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Awesome shots! I was really hoping to get out to hopefully capture this shower. Unfortunately the weather has been absolute crap!
I did manage to see one extremely bright one last night on the way home from the tat shop, sadly I was driving and my camera was at home.
edit on Sat Dec 14 2013 by Jbird because: replaced large quote with 'reply to: '

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

w810i
reply to post by Nyiah

It's all about learning. I've learned some great things in the short time I've been doing Astro. 70% of it has come by way of this thread. So don't ever worry about putting your photos up.

edit on Sat Dec 14 2013 by Jbird because: no need to quote the post immediately before yours . Please use the ' reply to: ' button

This thread has been pretty inspiring. I've had my camera for a year and a half, and still don't know all the ins & outs of the manual mode. I don't think I'd have been trying nght shots nearly as often if this thread hadn't been around

I tried a few more tonight. I tried a higher ISO, and the noise proved to not be worth it. I decided to just stick with a low ISO tonight, since the moon is out anyway.

ISO 100, f/8, 30 second exposure for the following 3, it started to cloud up fast tonight. Amazing how you can go outside to clear skies, and 10 minutes later have cloud cover :/

ISO 200, f/14, 1/250s. Zoomed in on the moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

What lens are you using?

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

w810i
reply to post by Nyiah

What lens are you using?

The one built-in It's a point & shoot, I'm surprised at how well it takes things like night photos. Although I'd love to have a camera capable of swapping out lenses some day!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Can any one help me with picking out a camera for astrophotography? I would like to use it both with my telescope and by its self for all sky pictures and maybe even time laps. I don't really know much about cameras but I do know I can't control shutter time on my current one so its no good. I've seen people on here talk about SLR and DSLR what is the difference? Also I already have a tripod are they universal or would I need to get a new one with my new camera? Thanks in advance to any one that can help.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Took this one about 2 years ago from my backyard, cant remember the camera settings, but it was a 30 second exposure.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Cohort
Took this one about 2 years ago from my backyard, cant remember the camera settings, but it was a 30 second exposure.

Here you go from the exif data

Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) [0x829A] = 300/10 second ===> 30 second
Lens F-Number / F-Stop [0x829D] = 300/100 ===> ƒ/3
Exposure Program [0x8822] = manual control (1)
ISO Speed Ratings [0x8827] = 400

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you kind sir

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

BGTM90
Can any one help me with picking out a camera for astrophotography? I would like to use it both with my telescope and by its self for all sky pictures and maybe even time laps. I don't really know much about cameras but I do know I can't control shutter time on my current one so its no good. I've seen people on here talk about SLR and DSLR what is the difference? Also I already have a tripod are they universal or would I need to get a new one with my new camera? Thanks in advance to any one that can help.

A SLR is a single lens reflex, A DSLR is a Digital single lens reflex. So really your looking at film vs digital. I shoot with a Canon 40D with a Rokinon 14mm super wide angle lens. I guess really it comes down to your budget and what you want to shoot. As far as your tripod as long as it has the quick release plate on the bottom where it screws into your current camera that will fit your new one.

edit on 15-12-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Cohort
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thank you kind sir

No problem always happy to help on this thread, nice picture Orion, Taurus, The Pleiades and Sirius for 30 seconds at iso 400 that's a nice result.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join