It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
After several nights of extensive research about astro photography which talked about massive exposure sets and stacking with different programs to finally finding one video that settled my issues here is attempt #2. This is a 12 shot vertical panorama taken with a T1i, iso 3200, lens 55mm, F1.8, exposure 20 seconds. There are still some issues to be sorted out. The exposure was to long at 20 seconds and I am still running into issues with sharp focus. Still trying to figure out the whole "set lens to infinity" and the best method for post processing in lightroom Other then that I am pleasantly surprised with this.

edit on 8-10-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My latest ISON image.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Canon 40D - 50mm lens, F4, ISO 400, Exposure time 30 seconds. In hindsight the exposure time was a smidge to long. Should have gone for 20-25 seconds

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Does anyone spot the object in the western sky at about 45 to 50 degrees that glows red, green, white and possibly blue? I have noticed this thing for quite some time and it seems to be getting bigger, but do not consider my iphone good enough to capture it. I don't know how to get its co-oridinates or I would include them. This has been reported all over, just google 'blinking object in western sky'. We are cloudy here for the past couple of nights but I did see it for a short time through a break in the clouds. My latitude is approx 42 N, 81W. If some of you with great equipment could get a closeup of this and maybe figure out what it is, it would be appreciated.

I have used my Sky app but according to it, there is nothing there and no it is not Venus or any of the planets they are not near it. Some video with zoom would really show the object in all of its colours. Anyone up for this?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

whatnext21
Does anyone spot the object in the western sky at about 45 to 50 degrees that glows red, green, white and possibly blue? I have noticed this thing for quite some time and it seems to be getting bigger, but do not consider my iphone good enough to capture it. I don't know how to get its co-oridinates or I would include them. This has been reported all over, just google 'blinking object in western sky'. We are cloudy here for the past couple of nights but I did see it for a short time through a break in the clouds. My latitude is approx 42 N, 81W. If some of you with great equipment could get a closeup of this and maybe figure out what it is, it would be appreciated.

I have used my Sky app but according to it, there is nothing there and no it is not Venus or any of the planets they are not near it. Some video with zoom would really show the object in all of its colours. Anyone up for this?

Time, direction facing and your approx location and elevation to object would help!
edit on 26-10-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi all.

I've very little experience with Astro-photography and perhaps a bit limited as I don't have a DSLR. I use a Lumix G2 which should enable me to at least make an attempt, as one can shoot up to a 4 minute exposure (what they call 'Bulb', or 'B' mode, which I personally though meant the shutter could stay open for as long as required). I live in a major Australian city with associated light pollution, so not ideal, but more important is the fact that whilst I am an enthusiastic amateur, this is simply one area not attempted as of yet.

So for now, I'll display few photos of our nearest neighbour.

This photo was taken during what they called the 'super moon'

And this is a larger and somewhat blurry photo of the same moon

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Thanks for the reply as I stated I am at latitude 42N by 81W. Direction is West at approx 45 to 50 degrees. This thing blinks red, green, white and blue. I have not seen since I posted as nothing but clouds but will check tonight.

This is one of the earliest objects to appear and i have checked with my sky app and it is not Venus, it becomes visible around 7pm est.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here's my first ever go at photographing Jupiter from the backyard. This was a bit rushed, hopefully get better results as winter kicks in and Jupiter is higher in the sky at better hours of the night.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by router404

Great shot

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by router404

Yes nice picture!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Nice one hope it brightens up a lot more!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments. I'll put a bit more effort in next time there's a clear night in my area (hopefully in the next two or three days) and have another crack at Jupiter to see if I can get it any clearer.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Here are some images I took weekend before last, at our cub scout pack's fall camp out. Trees are being lit by our camp fire:

I believe you can just make our M31, the Andromeda galaxy in this second one:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
These are some amazing photo's I particularly like the solar ones.

Keep up the good work guys

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

eriktheawful

I believe you can just make our M31, the Andromeda galaxy in this second one:

Yes just above the tree in the middle of the picture what were the exposure details erik.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Just a quick shot: 15 second exposure, ISO 3200 I think. 18mm

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

eriktheawful

Just a quick shot: 15 second exposure, ISO 3200 I think. 18mm

Hi erik manage to get the exif data it was iso 1600.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Cool!

I had been taking pictures all day during the camp out, and didn't remember what it had been set to.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

vinceg

That is an amazing shot. ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

eriktheawful
Here are some images I took weekend before last, at our cub scout pack's fall camp out. Trees are being lit by our camp fire:

Those are really beautiful Erik. I like the camp fire effect on the trees. Nice work. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join