It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Astrophotographers, all skill levels. Post your work.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by router404

Those are really beautiful shots of the moon.
thanks for sharing them with us!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Comet Lovejoy this morning:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I was finally able to get out shooting tonight for a two hour period before the moon came up. These shots were taken with a Canon 40D, Rokinon 14mm, ISO - 3200, Aperture wireless release. This first one is a self portrait. Tonight with the small window of time I had I was playing around with settings.

I've a question for more experienced astrophotographers on this next photo. I did a set of 10 photos with my wb set to tungsten in all ten photos there was one star (upper left hand corner) that I was able to catch the light rays or twinkle (not sure the technical name) in all 10 photos. All the other photos I took with the wb balance set to auto it looked like all the other stars just white dots. Anyone know what would cause this and what this star is or is it a planet? The only time I've seen a star look like that is when someone uses a star filter or adds it in post. Apologies. in my haste to get out I left my tablet at home. So I don't know the sky cordinates.

edit on 20-1-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

Jupiter would have been around that location.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Love those widefields :-)

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's Jupiter in the top left. A quick view through some bins would have revealed three or four moons (that was what I could make out last night when I was out with my binoculars anyway).

Great shot of Lovejoy nghunter, is Lovejoy due to fade a bit soon?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is another moon shot I did this weekend

and the best shot I got of Jupiter and its moons on the same night

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
s852.photobucket.com...

That photobucket library is just images ive collected that i found expetionally beautiful, Milky way, Nebulas, Ect.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I got an "almost missed it" long exposure of the Atlas V launch from Cape Canaveral tonight
I stood out there like an idiot watching a red dot in the sky thinking it was a helicopter, waiting for the rocket to show itself. It dawned on me at the last possible second that "CRAP! That's the rocket!" I rushed to set up my tripod in a different spot, and forgot to reset my settings accordingly. I had a flood light in front of me, it lit up the trees like a neon sign in the original. I cropped it down, and adjusted the mid tones, and high tones, with some tweaking of the contrast, brightness, gamma, color temp, and saturation. It's better than it was, ha.

ISO 200, f/3.3 f/4, 30 second exposure on a 2-second delay (hence the wobble, from shutter depression)
edit on 1/23/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I spent the evening hiking a ski mountain in the dark.. Nyiah awesome shot!:up Here is the first one.

edit on 23-1-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"Cabin at the edge of the Galaxy"
Canon 40D, Rokinon 14mm, ISO 1250, 25

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Here is the companion shot to the photo above.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Last night we had excellent clear skies so I took the opportunity to take a drive up to Glacier National Park specifically lake McDonald. I've been up there shooting hundreds of times and only one time was at night and that was when I first started shooting and had no idea what I was doing. So a buddy and I went up there and set up to shoot it was about 12:30 and we quit shooting at 2 am. The only reason we left was there was "something" that was stalking us. We could hear it in the woods behind us and it was extremely loud. So enjoy these images. I'll be posting more in the next few days as I process them.

edit on 28-1-2014 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wow this is a great thread, a lot of members I haven't seen much of in other threads. You all are really submitting some awesome material here.
Nyiah

I love the green glow at the base of these images, it really captures the vibe of ATS.

w810i

-FBB

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hungry Horse Dam.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

FriedBabelBroccoli
Wow this is a great thread, a lot of members I haven't seen much of in other threads. You all are really submitting some awesome material here.
Nyiah

I love the green glow at the base of these images, it really captures the vibe of ATS.

w810i

-FBB

One could think that Nyiahs image and my image were shot in the same location. Oddly enough I don't recall the green light when I was on sight shooting.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

I swear this rapper named kid cuddi, used your photo for his album cover lol

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

That picture is incredible

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Evergreens

Which one?