It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Search: Guaranteed Results Every Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
every had trouble finding anything even when typing in the exact title of a thread on the ATS search abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...

I bet you have, yes?

Then try the old fashioned way:

100% hits every time. Guaranteed.

Just enter in the search term after site:abovetopsecret.com and voila! Instant success.

Here's the link

Cheers.

- PS

As if you people hadn't figured it out already...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Thanks, I'll try that method next time.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
YES! I just found all my recipes this way!

Woohoo! I have been wanting to put all of them into a thread and going thru my own profile to find them is kind of a pain.

I really miss the old search engine. In the new one I can't find my recipes at all!

Thanks!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
the old search engine is still there if you type ask.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-4-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Why won't ATS just use the google search?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
the old search engine is still there if you type ask.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-4-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

AACKKK, there's even ads on the old search engine now.

I started a popcorn thread because I had searched and saw that nobody had "popcorn" in the title of a thread. That was on the new search engine. Just popped "popcorn" into the popper of the old search engine and a few threads came out about the dangers of microwave popcorn, which I'll have to link to my thread. So it is missing things. I better link the old search into my signature again (I took it off when I thought the new one was working well).

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

thanks for the info haven. the new search is rather useless, many times it turns up no results at all, and completely misses threads that you know exist. it has been rather frustrating lately trying to use it.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am sorry, but the last thing I want to do is tell the NSA/Google what I am looking for here. Call me crazy, but I try to avoid google and facebook.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I am sorry, but the last thing I want to do is tell the NSA/Google what I am looking for here. Call me crazy, but I try to avoid google and facebook.

I hear that! Try this one, then:
Google

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I used this type of search a lot and have an extra trick so to say.

If you search on years like "endtimes 2012" you will get a lot of results refering to page 2012 in a tread that uses endtimes. If you select a period lets say 2000 to 2010 you will get results of "endtimes 2012"

Not sure why ggoogle is doing that to me lølz

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Can you tell me how to get older posts up using this method?

Thanks in advance.

TB

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Search in a certain time. You can choose the period in years maybe months, I only use years.

Edit to say yes custom times you can put in dates from~to
edit on 2-5-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I did a thread on the civil rights leader James Bevel almost two hours ago ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) and nothing has come up on the new search engine. It appeared on the old search engine very quickly. Some coding work on the new search engine, she needs to be done.

EDIT: I just checked on the new search engine, and it comes up under "civil rights movement" but not under the name "James Bevel". Not everything is being 'caught' by the search engine, and maybe that's where the coding failure comes from.
edit on 2-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Due to some ATS infrastructure changes in the past, the Samuru engine has had problems with the ATS site maps, leading to poor performance.

New maps are being generated and re-indexed, which will hopefully solve the problems we've been seeing with search results.

Despite the problems and understandable frustration that comes with them, the capabilities of the Samuru engine are impressive and should -- once the implementation issues are resolved -- offer much better results.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Thank you. Wish I would have known this before posting a new thread since I still believe there is one out there similar to it. Will try this next time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Thats the google based search.

The search function prior to that was excellent.

It allowed us to search for key words then further narrow by thread title, date etc. Everything after has been downhill.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
is there a way to search keywords in specific forums only??

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: heymang
is there a way to search keywords in specific forums only??

Sure. Just use google to search something like this:

keyword site:www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/32

You just need to find the number for whatever forum you want to search in.

top topics

join