It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am ashamed to be a member of ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Honestly Cody you shouldn't be ashamed. Like I've been told to do before...let words flow over you and not through you. Yes words do hurt, they have cut my very being before. You have a beautiful soul and a loving heart, don't let people on ATS effect you like this.

I read through that thread, and I really think that there are certain people on this site that like to stir the pot.

Peace and love to you my friend
-nat

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It is truly becoming a site for sick people with no concept of reality.
Just about every time I am on here scanning stories I ask myself why I keep coming back.

It's like a train wreck that you don't want to look at because you may see something you can't un-see ever again but something just compels you to look all the same.

I come here to look for breaking news that may be happening in the REAL WORLD but there are so many crazy stories, asinine theories and crazy people on here anymore.

I am looking for another outlet to find non main stream news....just can't handle the sickness on here anymore.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I would like to point out, it was not ATS that you mention being ashamed of being a part of, it was a person or a couple persons. So that is a little like calling the whole pot of soup black when it was just the carrots.

Also we have to stop and think. We don't know this person, maybe they are 12 years old and just watched Rosemary's baby and have no idea about real life and real pain and that most people are horrified by what they said.

Maybe they are someone that has been so abused they have no emotion left.

We should never attack the person but only the message. We should say that the words were sick and not get abusive to an unknown person.

We just don't know who we are talking to so I think as hard as it is we should let everyone express and opinion without personal attacks.

My opinion for what it's worth.

edit on 27-4-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its a pretty disturbing world we live in cody. And you always get people who for some reason thrive off this type of act. The best way to deal with them is ignore them no matter how hard it is. Because at the end of the day you have a true heart, and they are full of emptiness.....its real sad

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Cody,
Some people are just missing the caring gene. They are a different animal altogether. I am sure the vast majority of people were horrified and distraught by your post's content. I myself had to stop reading halfway through and could not bear to reply and I think a lot of members here probably felt the same.

Please don't think the tally of replies represents the membership here. Please keep posting and caring.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Originally posted by GArnold

Why do people feel a need to refer to themselves in the third person.
Especially if it is a screen name.
Cody you may have valid points but I stop reading
as soon as I see someone refering to themselves in the third person.
I honestly do not get it. Is it some sort of ego thing?
Or do you over estimate your actual value?
I would add in my opinion and actually
quite a few people I have met it actually devalues whatever argument you are making.
I do respect your pain and what you are saying
but to add yourself into the post in the 3rd person is silly.
I run across this on this site as well as the "other" conspiracy site almost on a daily basis.

In defense of Cody

One refers to oneself quite correctly in the third person.

The Flying Weldsman wonders

The Flying Weldsman wonders why some people who have been here so long,

have no avatar, no personality, no charm.

He honestly does not get it, is it some sort of ego thing?

Do you underestimate your actual value?

The Flying Weldsman is glad

The Flying Weldsman is glad that you have met real people who share your outlook on life.

He is pleased that you can share their feelings with us on the subject of self-representation.

Question everything

One should ask oneself, if one comes across this behaviour daily, on multiple websites,

then is this behaviour maybe just normal?

Maybe One is the wierd one here...

Cody's Threads

The flying Weldsman likes Cody's threads.

Cody has an avatar and a personality.

Cody is nice and has feelings.

He shows respect for other people.

He shows emotion in a good way

and encourages good people to post good things.

Suggestion for GArnold

If GArnold feels the need to complain about the way Cody refers to himself,

or about anyone else's posting style for that matter,

then he is welcome to start a thread about it.

There is always room for one more rant thread.

Tfw.

edit on 27/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: there is a reason for everything

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I saw ONE comment on that thread that wasn't expressing grief, and that comment was merely hypothetical, then pages of people criticizing that ONE comment.

I've seen much worse said here.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hi cody, I just read the thread and posted a reply there around page 9. I hope my reply resonates with you and some other folks here. I can understand what you are feeling...We have this beautiful world and yet so many do not appreciate it or the life that is on it. We ALL should matter.

Some folks say we should just forget the negative or cruel and heartless comments and move on. I can't help wondering if that is what part of the trouble is relevant to the human condition. Too many times, we acknowledge injustice and cruelty and horror and then move on. How will things ever change in this world if we don't recognize it all. Cody, you try and bring change every time you post one of your "fun" threads. You try and bring about humor and smiles and good cheer to folks here. When folks read a "happy" thread, they leave here with a happy heart and perhaps, in some small way, what they have read causes them to be kinder/gentler to a person they encounter later. Every little effort toward bringing smiles and good cheer helps.

Too many times, people wish to look the other way, move on, forget negativity and not leave their comfort zone. Sure, it is not good to dwell on negativity all the time but it is futile to ignore it also. It exists. The kind of change we need in this world is not the kind of change one egotistical politician may promise...the change we need comes from within. The change we need is for us all to embrace humanity and being "humane" and not just turn away and forget it. One person, one day at a time, can make a difference. We can't/shouldn't give up.
It isn't wrong to recognize untoward behavior and "call" someone on it...to notice it and wonder about it and comment. A response from such folks is expected. Sometimes the response speaks volumes. Sometimes it is a misunderstanding.

How many wars and deaths have been caused because of religious beliefs and corporate greed. The day such things no longer shock us, that is the day we are all in trouble.

Cody, stay at ATS. The site, ATS isn't the problem....a few "bad apples" spoil things as much as "many" bad apples spoil this grand ole world.

edit on 27-4-2013 by shrevegal because: added thought

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

MountainLaurel agrees ...
She thinks you said this very well.......

edit on 27-4-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
my mouse is trigger happy...

edit on 27-4-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

You get two stars for trying to post M.L.

Keep it up, the bottom lines are hard to copy sometimes. I just right click and copy everything behind the = sign. :d

: EDIT:
Wait a minute you got it

Pictures next????

edit on 27-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

I posted one also. Probably not a profound as yours but...what the hell.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Littled16 is pleased with Theflyingweldsman for being a sweetie pie!
Granny approves!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by MountainLaurel

You get two stars for trying to post M.L.

Keep it up, the bottom lines are hard to copy sometimes. I just right click and copy everything behind the = sign. :d

: EDIT:
Wait a minute you got it

Pictures next????

I fixed it......This thread was worth it..........this was a song my Dad always sang...still melts me.......and today it is for all our babies, and Cody, and all of us........♥

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i just read through the 1st 3 pages of 'said' thread, and all I see is a troll winning because everyone continued to feed it

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

cody i agree 100%

but iv learnt to look past the "off the cuff" remarks some people post

the individual is "out of touch", naive and inexperienced in life

serve him some liberty then move on

dont let it lower your frequency dude

peace

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

The Flying Weldsman is pleasantly pleased that Granny is pleased.

The Flying Weldsman is holding himself back from posting a thread titled

"I am ashamed to be ashamed of being ashaimed of people who are ashamed of people who are ashamed of being members of ATS"

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

From Introductions: Guess we are forewarned, somethings may upset us. We need a strong stomach and file the sharp off our tongues.

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride you're on. Before getting on a ride, you should be mentally fit, emotionally stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. At times, you may learn something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride, this is a natural and normal phenomena.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I have an extremely hard time putting my feelings into words when it comes to posts or threads relating to the abuse or neglect or suffering of children of any kind and that particular thread hit me particularly hard, so thank you dear friend for the wise words of support for the OP and the other decent posters on ATS.

That's all I feel I can say on the subject.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Listen i get it your all "oh my heart hurts because of those comments" but seriously.. don't see why you would say you're ashamed of being a member of ATS. Has nothing to do with anything, this website doesn't revolve around emotional people, we get it, most of you heart breakers didn't like it, to be honest.. it didn't bother me, that was his opinion on how he sees things, i still respect that. In the end you are on a conspiracy forum.

Don't let it get to you, it really isn't that bad. sigh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join