It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am ashamed to be a member of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I posted last night briefly (thanks Intrepid) that I won't start another thread

I feel I have to

Having just read a very disturbing thread HERE

I was gutted to see the callousness of some of the replies, truly gutted.
A piece of Cody died reading those replies and a piece of ATS died with it . Yeah I know trolls are around and all that, I'm not religious but today I will pray for a baby's soul, maybe the members on ATS will look into ourselves and do the same. If not pray then at least .................... make a difference to someone; make one person today crack a smile

Just gutted
Cody

edit on 27/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd certainly agree it's a deeply and profoundly disturbing thing to see anything short of universal condemnation for Infanticide. The absolute worst, most evil and detestable crime in human society, without exception or equal in my opinion. The wanton murder of a baby (and this ain't abortion...not even close for anyone thinking weird derailing thoughts) is simply the worst a society can see happen ..... it shocked me pretty deeply too. You're far from alone.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

See a disgusting comment?

Report it, feel sorry for the sad, pathetic excuse for a human who is responsible for it (perhaps pray that Karma does indeed exist), and then move on.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I once read a comment by a buddhist monk, that went something like this: "comments and insults are just mere words, you can watch them leave a person's mouth then they are gone forever. To get upset by them is utterly meaningless."

I read the thread before seeing this one, and the worst people can do is feed the troll. It just encourages them, but obviously you get all these replies showing disgust at the poster. If it offends you ignore it. They will get bored and go and find another playground.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
That thread and many other shouldn't even be on this website - ATS is conspiracy, something which that particular subject wasn't.

Its about time the mods started clamping down on threads like that. The forums have gone down hill allot lately due to such content.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Some of the replies in that thread are sadistic, cruel, inhumane and I'm sure I could think of a few other words also. Some people really make me sick and I would hate to see what they are like in real life.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Some of the replies in that thread are sadistic, cruel, inhumane and I'm sure I could think of a few other words also. Some people really make me sick and I would hate to see what they are like in real life.

I am thinking what you have stated may be exactly who they are in real life; their words tell much about them.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
That thread and many other shouldn't even be on this website - ATS is conspiracy, something which that particular subject wasn't.

Its about time the mods started clamping down on threads like that. The forums have gone down hill allot lately due to such content.
Ahem, ATS is way more than conspiracy, thats why there are different forums for different topics.

Ontopic.

I don't see the problem with that thread other than the people getting shocked that a person ask "what if".

Tons of threads in here are "What if's".

Sometimes terrible questions have to be asked, and i have seen a lot worse in here, where people actually use made up things as facts, now thats chocking.

There are though some post that dosn't belong there.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Yes, stuff like the baby burning happens, It's a part of the chaos and clockwork that comprises the events in this world. Death happens to everything and everyone eventually, some earlier than others. Though, Personally, it's not exactly something to beat yourself up over, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You know what Cody? You have a heart, concience, soul, values and morals here. Thats something we need here, so thank you. If youre ashamed right now.....wow my friend. Thats say volumes. And I applaud you. But dont be ashamed. Its good we have people like you here.
MS

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I posted last night briefly (thanks Intrepid) that I won't start another thread

how is that going?
we dont need a new thread everytime you think about something cody.
but refering to yourself in 3rd person probably explains why.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Disgusting as it is but where is the outrage and disgust about the Gosnell trial and his "house of horrors"?
This man birthed kids alive (some were almost 6 months along) and then cut the spines in half to kill them, then he would cut their feet off and keep them in jars like some kind of souvenir.
Youll barely find any media coverage on this, except for brief comments on Fox.
Glen Beck has some pretty graphic coverage on it on the blaze, if anyone cares to find out more.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I am thinking what you have stated may be exactly who they are in real life; their words tell much about them.

I will never know and maybe it's a good thing also.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ginga
I once read a comment by a buddhist monk, that went something like this: "comments and insults are just mere words, you can watch them leave a person's mouth then they are gone forever. To get upset by them is utterly meaningless."

Easy to say, hard to do but truth none the less.

It's how I try to live, these days, but I lose focus in the midst of everything.

Each story we tell ourselves, subconsciously or consciously, is still just a story. I try to think of people who seem to want a reaction as a bunged up coffee machine that has just stolen my $2.50. I can kick it, hate it, bang it and swear. Then when I walk away, it's still just a machine. A broken machine. And I don't hate that machine all day and let it fester in my mind.

There are many broken 'machines' walking amongst us.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

and a piece of ATS died with it.

Hiya Cody,

Please don't judge the whole of ATS for a couple of trolls. I've read the thread and to be very honest, I would very much enjoy spending five minutes in real life with some of the posters on said thread. But that's the catch...

The anonymity of internet, ATS being no different than any other sites. You are a great contributor here and there are tons of them like you. Remember those, stick along with those and forget the trolls, don't let them troll you, get under your skin, it's their purpose. They laugh their butts off the more angry you get. A troll is a troll.

Log off, take a walk outside, breathe...have a beer...cool down and forget about it for a while...that's what I do when I get overwhelmed by something I read here (or elsewhere)...

But please don't put the whole of ATS in one single basket...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

In real life you wouldn't know - I am guessing - as they wouldn't dare say such things in a real life conversation.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
Disgusting as it is but where is the outrage and disgust about the Gosnell trial and his "house of horrors"?
This man birthed kids alive (some were almost 6 months along) and then cut the spines in half to kill them, then he would cut their feet off and keep them in jars like some kind of souvenir.
Youll barely find any media coverage on this, except for brief comments on Fox.
Glen Beck has some pretty graphic coverage on it on the blaze, if anyone cares to find out more.

As I recall there was a thread here on this which was anything but tolerant and ..I want to say was actually missing apologists or people playing 'devil's advocate' just to stir the pot and anger others.

Anyway, you sound impacted by that case and frankly, I couldn't read everything on it. What I got into was making me physically ill ...and I'll tell you, it takes a lot to do that. That story was ..a horror movie in real life. I'd hate anyone to think it was ignored though .... I'm certain I'd seen an emotionally charged discussion on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Didn't you already make athread like this?

Also you're my favorite Ats member

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
In real life you wouldn't know - I am guessing - as they wouldn't dare say such things in a real life conversation.

That's a really good point. Maybe they are all around me right now

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Walk it off Cody. You shouldn't be ashamed to be a member of ATS. There are actually LESS people like that here than there are in RL. The only difference is that here they print what they think and there is a record of it when in RL you don't know what kind of evil thoughts lurk inside someone's mind. I assure you that we all know at least a few people whose thoughts- if we could hear them- would throw us into a murderous rage whilst we fought the urge to vomit. It is quite sad but a reality that most of us don't want to think about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join