It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I am ashamed to be a member of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

This is a conspiracy forum on the internet. Because of this your options are very limited as to how you can deal with sadists and psychopaths. My advice (report it, move on) is the best way of dealing with someone who makes these types of comments on a forum because responding to them is only quenching their thirst.

Of course, if you want to actually do something about the problem on a larger scale I would advise you to read some literature on the subject to gain a better understanding. Books like 'Snakes In Suits', 'Without Conscience' and 'Political Ponerology' are a good place to start. What you do from there is up to you. Write a book? Start a blog? Protest in the streets? Whatever.

I chose to do nothing, does that make me a bad person? Maybe.

I would be interested to know how you felt once you had done the research, if you haven't already.

edit on 28/4/2013 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

I have read many such books on the subject and I have no problem debating or discussing things with them. I do not recall ever losing a debate to them, although getting through to them is not always possible (if they won't listen.) I am doing all right.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

edit on 28-4-2013 by k21968 because: somehow the response to another thread ended up here

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Thank you all for your replies
I cannot with honesty retract my original statement

I've read the 'anti thread' to this and have been called many things , seen members asked if they want to take their stars back, and even read "shame on you if you starred this thread".

I would take the opposite view

To those of you that took the time to read and respond I thank you

If being sickened to the core by a response that even remotely condoned the burning alive of a three day old baby made me ashamed to be a member here, then I am proud to be me.

Cody

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

What "anti-thread"?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

I've read the 'anti thread' to this and have been called many things , seen members asked if they want to take their stars back, and even read "shame on you if you starred this thread".

If being sickened to the core by a response that even remotely condoned the burning alive of a three day old baby made me ashamed to be a member here, then I am proud to be me.

Cody

Hey Cody whats up man? I never intended the thread I created to be any sort of jab at you or an anti-thread(because it's not). I'm totally with you on saying it's an unforgivable action to murder a child, regardless of what crazy beliefs the parents have. The only part where we differ is I'm saying you shouldn't be ashamed to be a member of ATS(because of a few bad apples), it's normal to feel ashamed for someone else because of their actions. If I recall correctly the only person saying shame for starring or take away flags etc was rocky. But he doesn't speak for you so I came here to just squash any negativity where there should be none.

If you want, feel free to u2u me.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by cody599

Cody

Hey Cody whats up man? I never intended the thread I created to be any sort of jab at you or an anti-thread(because it's not). I'm totally with you on saying it's an unforgivable action to murder a child, regardless of what crazy beliefs the parents have. The only part where we differ is I'm saying you shouldn't be ashamed to be a member of ATS(because of a few bad apples), it's normal to feel ashamed for someone else because of their actions. If I recall correctly the only person saying shame for starring or take away flags etc was rocky. But he doesn't speak for you so I came here to just squash any negativity where there should be none.

If you want, feel free to u2u me.

edit on 28-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

This is not really true. You were arguing against him, which is fine, but don't say it's all good, Bro, I wasn't really talkin' about you! You were responding directly in disagreement to this thread and you did mention his name in your thread in acknowledgement of it. I don't really know you, Cody or anyone else here, but I see BS here and I don't like it.

I am a writer and I know all the tricks of using words and phrases to twist things, of using whimsical language to create certain emotional reactions, to talk cute to be likeable while at the same time (and in actuality) breaking someone apart. I save this for my fiction, but in intense debates where these tricks are employed on me I sometimes use it back on them (to throw it back in their face but also as a means of showing them that I am onto their tricks.) I see much of this in you. You are an attention...grabber, to put it nicely. From your avatar to your wordings, I don't respect you as a poster.

You'd make a lot of money writing for a tabloid. Maybe you do.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You are right, you don't know me. Feel free to believe whatever you wish.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

More whimsical, cowardly-yet-clever BS. Gee, this sure proves me wrong. What a strong argument.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2

More whimsical, cowardly-yet-clever BS. Gee, this sure proves me wrong. What a strong argument.

Oh Darn, look at the guy trying to troll me on the internet. LOL

If you wanna troll me, just send me a u2u. No need to spam this thread with your irrational hatred of me.

edit on 29-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2

Oh Darn, look at the guy trying to troll me on the internet. LOL

Even better lol Now I can call you a "troll" and we're even?

Edit: Oh gosh, am I ever embarrassed! Gee, I'll never mess with you again! Boy, this sure proves your credibility and guile! I am so impressed!

If you ever learn to talk real, let me know.
edit on 29-4-2013 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

This is not really true. You were arguing against him, which is fine, but don't say it's all good, Bro, I wasn't really talkin' about you! You were responding directly in disagreement to this thread and you did mention his name in your thread in acknowledgement of it. I don't really know you, Cody or anyone else here, but I see BS here and I don't like it.

I am a writer and I know all the tricks of using words and phrases to twist things, of using whimsical language to create certain emotional reactions, to talk cute to be likeable while at the same time (and in actuality) breaking someone apart. I save this for my fiction, but in intense debates where these tricks are employed on me I sometimes use it back on them (to throw it back in their face but also as a means of showing them that I am onto their tricks.) I see much of this in you. You are an attention...grabber, to put it nicely. From your avatar to your wordings, I don't respect you as a poster.

You'd make a lot of money writing for a tabloid. Maybe you do.

You hit the nail on the head !!

Thank you for stating my views in a manner that was much more eloquent and tactful than my attempt.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
As members can't just let others have an opinion without being petty and juvenile about it, this thread is closed pending staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join