It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some of you computer builders irk me...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Not specifically you guys, but gosh darn. I obliterated one of my gaming machines because the turd never gave me the key to open it. That's first off.

So, I spent all day taking a hammer to the plexiglass to rip the parts out. Just so I could get in there.

OMG that thing was growing cobwebs and there was spiders every where. J/K

The turd screwed in the hard drive on both sides so I couldn't take it out. So, I had to take a hammer to the other side of the tower, to get to the other screw for the hard drive. That side of the tower is obliterated as well.

Now, I'm trying to take out the DVD player and I think the turd glued it in there. I can't even get that thing out and I don't see any screws to unscrew it.

Computer builders just can't make it simple.. Can ya.

You technical geeks.

I demolished a perfectly good tower today.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Pics for our viewing pleasure?

or it didn't happen

Those locks are very easy to compromise with a simple flat head screwdriver.. Don't know why you mangled your tower.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Why tear it apart? Take your time man jeesh!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I don't have any before pictures of the tower, but okay let me show you the after effects.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Probably should've hit up a computer forum or one of your nerdier friends first. Worst-case scenario a trip to the shops for an el-cheapo screwdriver would've saved you a new case

If there's no visible screws on the 5.25" bays, it's probably a tool-less design that uses plastic clips. As soon as you release those it'll just slide out.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Why tear it apart? Take your time man jeesh!

Well, I deal with someone who has HBP and has to be done NOW!!!

I even let her chip in and do some hammering...

Get those frustrations out!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus

If there's no visible screws on the 5.25" bays, it's probably a tool-less design that uses plastic clips. As soon as you release those it'll just slide out.

I checked that. I don't see no clips. The clips for the release was only for the front section.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
lmao wow you made a mess of that hahaha awesome lol hahahaha ahh im cracking up here haha,

Probably could of used a drill or a chisel and hammer to pop all the rivet things out and would of saved the massacre, but then that wouldnt of been as entertaining for us

edit on 27-4-2013 by kaoticf8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Hammer + hard drives or dvd drives = no more working hardware.

Is that the motherboard tray I see all bent over? Geez... You should have been able to get to all the screws without even having to touch that at all... err.. bend that at all. Judging by the design of the case, there are no screws on the other side, because that panel is not made to be removed...

But hey! It's always nice to buy new upgrades! Just uhhh.... ask around first before you go and cause some damage you didn't need to even create.
edit on 27-4-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaoticf8
lmao wow you made a mess of that hahaha awesome lol hahahaha ahh im cracking up here haha,

Probably could of used a drill or a chisel and hammer to pop all the rivet things out and would of saved the massacre, but then that wouldnt of been as entertaining for us

edit on 27-4-2013 by kaoticf8 because: (no reason given)

Oh, I'm not done yet.

Still got to get to that DVD.

The Massacre will still go on tomorrow.

I'm exhausted right now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

Oh, it was fun....I still got like 9 more towers to play with.

Motherboard is fine.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
p.s.: pinch the two tabs in the front on each side of the dvd drive towards the dvd drive itself and pull outwards while pinching the tabs. Should slide right out.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
p.s.: pinch the two tabs in the front on each side of the dvd drive towards the dvd drive itself and pull outwards while pinching the tabs. Should slide right out.

LOL.
Dude. OP, I mean. This is like... the best thread ever. I literally laughed out loud several times.

Drifer is right on this one - your DVD drive has two clips on either side - it's not screwed in, it's using a design that doesn't require tools. Pinch in the two tabs on either side (at the front) and it'll just slide out.

Maybe for the next tower, take your time looking at how it's put together. You should never, ever have to mangle a case like that to get things out. My goodness.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter

Okay, I'll try that again.

Didn't work the last time.

Let me see if it works now.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

There's a first for everything.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I pushed and pulled those clips like 20x... That DVD does not want to come out.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Umm you see those little metal things sticking out of the front where I assume your dvd was?

Try squeezing them....

Oo

they slide out.. not screwed in.. omg..

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I did.

It won't budge.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I would say that you used a "Brute Force" Program to Extract your parts.

If you look inside the tower at the back of the DVD player you might find some slide latches or clips are holding it in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join