It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Core of Earth found to be as hot as the Sun - Hollow Earth theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Nnnnno no no no no You are talking about something totally different. You are talking about ancient civilizations that actually DUG holes in the GROUND with tunnels and such and lived underground. That's very different than magical *white people living in the MIDDLE of the earth with an atmosphere and their own sun and trees and sh*t looking just like the surface of the earth. Totally different.

You're choosing to use the most mystical fantastical explanation for something none of us purported to be truth. I think it's much more likely an ancient civilization found a way to live underground far enough where you could call it a hollow area.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
I am guessing you have traveled thousands of miles under the earths surface to disprove this theory?

I'm afraid that's not how it works, it is up to YOU to prove ridiculous ideas, not for others to disprove.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by robbystarbuck

Yes, in the CRUST of the EARTH. Not in the MIDDLE of the earth.

Can someone please post a picture of the layers of our great planet so these folks understand ?

CRUST
MANTLE
OUTER CORE
INNER CORE

All the "openings" and "holes" and "caves" and "secret dwellings" that we have discovered from ancient civilizations, have all been in the earths CRUST.

Sorry I must have missed something did I say hollow mantle theory? hollow core theory? hollow crust theory? no. Hollow earth would constitute any part of earth having hollow parts where a civilization could exist.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So how do you explain this...

Where does that come from, and how do these underground people survive in that?

BTW that is also how we know the Earths outer core is molten.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

So how do you explain this...

Where does that come from, and how do these underground people survive in that?

BTW that is also how we know the Earths outer core is molten.

It can be segregated. That's like saying because we have oceans the whole outside of the earth is water.... Weird logic.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Considering the center of the sun is heated to approximately 15,000,000*C (15 million), does that not blow your theory out the water?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Not at all. The whole outer core is molten iron and nickel. Being molten means the whole core would be molten, not just some low lying spots like oceans. Unless there is some unknown element that does not melt at 4400 °C.

The point is no matter where you are in the core, it is too hot to sustain Human life. There is no hollow Earth, that is a known fact, and just about all cave systems have been explored. So where are theses hollow Earth people living exactly?

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I am guessing you have traveled thousands of miles under the earths surface to disprove this theory?

When I first heard of it I laughed as well....
But after researching the depth of the earth and current digging technology it does not seem very far fetched at all that a civilization of humans could have went under ground for protection especially if they were as advanced as some of the ancient items suggest.

Sometimes you have to open your mind a little to allow some of the arrogance to be set free.

edit on 26-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

Every kilometer you descend into the ground, the temp rises by about 25 degrees C, at only a couple of miles it becomes impossible for human life to survive, at a couple hundred miles..... well you get the idea.

I will ask you to please try to think this through before making ignorant claims, without any proof at all, other than your want of it to be the truth.

There is no hollow earth, there is no advanced civilization living under our feet inside of a hollow earth, the earth is not hollow, it is full, of solid molten magma, and other materials, we know this to be a fact, it is proven by the propagation of sound waves through the planet, this is easily tested, and already proven by many studies.

The reason the earths core is so hot, is not because it is a sun, it is because of the amount of radioactive material that settled there, as it is much heavier than rocks or regular metals like iron, it settled deeper into the core.

Shake a box of many different items of differing weights, the heavy ones will always settle to the bottom, this is why panning for gold works, it is much heavier than the sand and dirt, so it settles to the bottom of the pan, and doesnt get washed out with the sand and dirt.

Common man, you are smarter than this, I know you are, your smart enough to come here, because you dont believe the crap they try to feed you out there in the world.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

The reason the earths core is so hot, is not because it is a sun, it is because of the amount of radioactive material that settled there, as it is much heavier than rocks or regular metals like iron, it settled deeper into the core. Shake a box of many different items of differing weights, the heavy ones will always settle to the bottom, this is why panning for gold works, it is much heavier than the sand and dirt, so it settles to the bottom of the pan, and doesnt get washed out with the sand and dirt.

If your theory is correct, then why is Mars a dead rock ?......Mars once had a molten core with volcanoes on its surface....what happened to all those heavy materials that created the heat ?

Imo a plasma at the core seems the only logical answer.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbystarbuck

reply to post by knowledgedesired

Nnnnno no no no no You are talking about something totally different. You are talking about ancient civilizations that actually DUG holes in the GROUND with tunnels and such and lived underground. That's very different than magical *white people living in the MIDDLE of the earth with an atmosphere and their own sun and trees and sh*t looking just like the surface of the earth. Totally different.

You're choosing to use the most mystical fantastical explanation for something none of us purported to be truth. I think it's much more likely an ancient civilization found a way to live underground far enough where you could call it a hollow area.

The hollow earth theory is as stated by its founders, the idea there is an entire world under our feet, and it has an atmosphere and clouds etc.....

Your now trying to tweak it to mean, caves, which is not in any measure a hollow earth theory.

Swiss cheese is a solid, because it is full of holes, it is still not able to be called hollow, caves to do constitue hollow earth.

Basketball=hollow
beachball=hollow
ballon=hollow

Caves in the earth=caves

I dont see where your coming from.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

The reason the earths core is so hot, is not because it is a sun, it is because of the amount of radioactive material that settled there, as it is much heavier than rocks or regular metals like iron, it settled deeper into the core. Shake a box of many different items of differing weights, the heavy ones will always settle to the bottom, this is why panning for gold works, it is much heavier than the sand and dirt, so it settles to the bottom of the pan, and doesnt get washed out with the sand and dirt.

If your theory is correct, then why is Mars a dead rock ?......Mars once had a molten core with volcanoes on its surface....what happened to all those heavy materials that created the heat ?

Planets die.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Plasma (from Greek πλάσμα, "anything formed"[1]) is one of the four fundamental states of matter (the others being solid, liquid, and gas)

It is known that the outer core is mostly molten iron.

Today, by using seismological and magnetic field data as well as other theoretical calculations, it’s possible to get a sense of the actual size and composition of our planet’s nether regions. Because there’s no way to get a sample of the Earth’s core, Miaki Ishii, a professor in Harvard University’s seismology group, says, "We basically use methods that are similar to medical imaging."

Instead of using CAT-scans and X-rays to see the center of the Earth, researchers use waves emitted by earthquakes to get a sense of the planet’s innards. Just like an X-ray, seismic waves bounce around, changing direction and speed based on the material they pass through. If researchers can gauge how quickly a wave moves from one tracking station to another, they can get a pretty good sense of what the ground that wave is traveling through looks like.

These tests are what allowed scientists to see that the core of the Earth is broken into three layers all with slightly different structures. The core’s heat is mostly due to the slow decay of radioactive elements left over from when the planet first formed. The molten iron outer core lies about 3000 kilometers below our feet, while the solid iron inner core is another 2000 kilometers further down. A few other elements, including oxygen and silicon, are thrown in for good measure. But for the most part, iron rules the Earth’s underbelly.

www.popularmechanics.com...

The inner core is a solid iron nickel alloy.

The core is composed mostly of an iron-nickel alloy and, as Princeton geosciences professor Jeroen Tromp explains, it didn't always possess a solid center.

news.discovery.com...

edit on 4/26/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by angryhulk

Planets die.

With my explanation yes, but with the mainstream explanation that the core is heated through the pressures placed upon its materials, then no.......because there would always be those pressures.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

And what exactly would be powering this plasma? Plasma doesnt just exist and make heat forever in and of itself. It also doesnt have to be hot, plasma and heat have nothing in common, plasma is just a state of matter, like solid liquid or gas. Just as liquids exist without high heat, and solids and gases exist with or without heat, plasma neither requires heat nor the lack thereof to exist.

We know the earths core has many many radioactive elements in it, because so many are present on the surface, in the crust, as I have mentioned heavy thing tend to sink below lighter things, most radioactive elements have a very high mass, thus weight alot more per unit of volume, hence they sink through the crust over time, and condense in the core.

This is the only known reaction that can power anything as long as the earths core has been active.

Mars' losing its magnetic shield is still not known, it is supposed that it may have been lower in radioactive elements than the earth, so it didnt have a steady molten core like we do, but instead lost its heat over time from cooling.

Or perhaps it was just too small to maintain enough heat to keep it going, as mars is much smaller than earth.

It is the difference between a small animal freezing vs a large animal, the large animal has alot more heat trapped in it, and more material trapping the heat inside so it cant escape.

Honestly though we wont be sure until we get more data on mars, we havent had alot of experimentation done in the respect yet on the red planet.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

With my explanation yes, but with the mainstream explanation that the core is heated through the pressures placed upon its materials, then no.......because there would always be those pressures.

That's not the theory.

The heat is due to radioactive material, left over from the Earths formation, breaking down.

Radioactive potassium, uranium and thorium are thought to be the three main sources of heat in the Earth's interior, aside from that generated by the formation of the planet. Together, the heat keeps the mantle actively churning and the core generating a protective magnetic field.

www.physlink.com...

If the Earth was hollow and there was no molten outer core life would not be able to exist. Mars used to be like Earth, but now all the radioactive material has been used up and the planet is dead.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And what exactly would be powering this plasma? Plasma doesnt just exist and make heat forever in and of itself.

As I stated on my first post, the Plasma would be feeding off of our atmosphere, through mechanisms such as subduction taking air filled sediments down to the plasma.

This would explain the lack of atmosphere on Mars and the reduction of our atmosphere here on Earth.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nobody knows about the hollow earth theory's accuracy. I guess some minds enjoy the reach while others can't go there. They can only scoff.It isn't as if their imaginations are broken.But these are the types that completely LOOSE IT when reality goes bye bye. Sad really.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

As I stated on my first post, the Plasma would be feeding off of our atmosphere, through mechanisms such as subduction taking air filled sediments down to the plasma.

This would explain the lack of atmosphere on Mars and the reduction of our atmosphere here on Earth.

The outer core could be described as plasma, but it is still mostly molten iron and nickle. The Sun is made of plasma. Plasma is not matter, it is one of the states of matter.

Plasma is not a gas, liquid, or solid - it is the fourth state of matter. Plasma often behaves like a gas, except that it conducts electricity and is affected by magnetic fields. On an astronomical scale, plasma is common. The Sun is composed of plasma, fire is plasma, fluorescent and neon lights contain plasma.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And what exactly would be powering this plasma? Plasma doesnt just exist and make heat forever in and of itself.

So this seems more likely to you, than say, the fact radioactive elements are real and known, they exist in pretty large quantities in the crust in many places, they emit heat from their radioctive decay, and they would sink to the core being much heavier than any other substances?

LOL BWAHAHAHAHA...........AHAHAHAHAHAHA.........BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait....your being serious? BWAHAHAHAHAHA........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait...wait....your gonna honestly sit there and try to tell me you believe this steaming pile of idiocy more than the facts I have already given you that clearly show it is cause by radioactive decay????????

Please, I already about passed out from laughing myself silly, please.....pretty please....just stop it.....stop it right now........for the love of GOD, please just stop right now!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Try thinking for yourself, look at the universe and you can see planets at all stages from Suns to gas planets to planets that go from Venus to the Earth to Mars.....and if everything started as gasses then it stands to reason that the next phase would be Plasma that changes the states of matter through to solids and liquids.

Now you look proper stupid don't ya

edit on 26-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join