It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Core of Earth found to be as hot as the Sun - Hollow Earth theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Maybe its the lack of coffee - I was having difficulty understanding what the OP was implying...

Now I get it...

So since the science geeks stated that core of the earth is just as hot as the surface of the sun...that can make the claim for a hollowed earth more a reality instead of a fantasy. People are supposed to be living on the underside of the current crust, using the 'sunlike' core of the earth as a sun?

Such a wonderful imagination yall have. You guys would have been top sci-fi writers if we were back in the 50's.

Edit - Yall need to write a book, but instead of a hollow earth have a hollow mars. The reason they have no atmosphere is due to the fact they sucked it all into the hollow mars to live.
edit on 26-4-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck

The corona of the sun ranges from a minimum of 1,000,000K all the way to 20, 000 000k... The surface of the sun isn't actually the hottest part of the sun.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Try thinking for yourself, look at the universe and you can see planets at all stages from Suns to gas planets to planets that go from Venus to the Earth to Mars.....and if everything started as gasses then it stands to reason that the next phase would be Plasma that changes the states of matter through to solids and liquids.

Now you look proper stupid don't ya

edit on 26-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

Um no, I think your making a fool of yourself. There is no link at all between plasma and the other states of matter.

Plasma has never been shown to my knowledge to change one form of matter to another. Chemical and nuclear reactions have been shown to do so, but not plasma.

Our earth, was never a ball of gas, it was a cloud of dust, mixed with some gases, yes, but it didn't start as a ball of gas, that some plasma enigma in the center, slowly through some unheard of process created all the other states of matter we see here on earth, and in the heavens.

The earth is the result of a, or many, supernova that occurred releasing all our constituent elements, that later coalesced into the sun and the planets.

Our sun is making hydrogen into helium, and one day will make helium into carbon and oxygen, maybe even make some silicon before it cools and turns into a white dwarf, but not iron or any of the other heavier elements, it isn't big enough.

So how would I feel ignorant, I obviously know loads about all of this stuff, read any of my posts from the science forums, I am very knowledgeable about almost all things science, especially astrophysics.

I really do have a very good understanding about what we are talking about, I don't believe you can say the same sir, I don't believe you can say the same at all!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would say yes. Very interesting article, thanks.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Yes, in the CRUST of the EARTH. Not in the MIDDLE of the earth.

Can someone please post a picture of the layers of our great planet so these folks understand ?

CRUST
MANTLE
OUTER CORE
INNER CORE

All the "openings" and "holes" and "caves" and "secret dwellings" that we have discovered from ancient civilizations, have all been in the earths CRUST.

Yes but... that "crust mantle outer core and inner core" as much as you want to call it "fact" is only but a theory - it is the most acceptable one, but it is still just a theory - its not a fact because we never drilled anything past the crust - actually I think we only drilled a tiny % of the crust.

So in reality, I know it hurts but... its just as viable as "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" by Jules Verne...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbystarbuck

No. This does NOT make the Hallow Earth theory more believable. Come on man.
Are you serious ? There are no people living in the middle of the earth. Gah.

I'd say more, but I can't see through the tears. I am laughing that hard.

I bet that's what people would have said to the earth being round back before we had proof.

I bet we can levitate if we really try too. I mean, anyone who laughs at the idea is probably the sort of person who would have laughed at the wright brothers.

Good call!!

*holds breath and flaps arms*

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by knowledgedesired

Nnnnno no no no no You are talking about something totally different. You are talking about ancient civilizations that actually DUG holes in the GROUND with tunnels and such and lived underground. That's very different than magical *white people living in the MIDDLE of the earth with an atmosphere and their own sun and trees and sh*t looking just like the surface of the earth. Totally different.

You're choosing to use the most mystical fantastical explanation for something none of us purported to be truth. I think it's much more likely an ancient civilization found a way to live underground far enough where you could call it a hollow area.

Well then you're redefining the theory. Why didn't you say this.

this is what most people on ATS think of when they hear this theory, and your thread doesn't say it's not trying to claim this.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yes, in the CRUST of the EARTH. Not in the MIDDLE of the earth.

Can someone please post a picture of the layers of our great planet so these folks understand ?

CRUST
MANTLE
OUTER CORE
INNER CORE

All the "openings" and "holes" and "caves" and "secret dwellings" that we have discovered from ancient civilizations, have all been in the earths CRUST.

Sorry I must have missed something did I say hollow mantle theory? hollow core theory? hollow crust theory? no. Hollow earth would constitute any part of earth having hollow parts where a civilization could exist.

Well then you should change the title to "Core of Earth as hot as the Sun - Mole Men theory"

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I believe that this theory is not very well known generally , but It just feels right to me somhows. I would not be at all surprised to see it shown to be correct eventually .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
Very cool, not that I believe in the hollow earth theory. I think this gives more credence the expanding earth theory.
Is it possible that the earth is actually getting hotter starting from the center of the planet and expanding into a second sun. Soon there may be no mantle left to stand on?

Just a thought.

Interesting idea, but Earth is actually cooling down. They've looked at the minerals rocks that have formed in the past - there are some minerals that only form at higher temperatures - and they stopped being created billions of years ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The hollow head people come from hollow earth. That's why ATS seems so weird at times.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
OP S n F. I star and flag you because you are presenting information and thinking outside the box.

I think its hilarious or quite weird how tons of people scream certain numbers or phrases as "facts" when the reality of it all is they don't no for sure if it is or not. They were just told it was a fact and they feel comfortable and safe sticking with what they were taught, and if you challenge there reality they will have an automatic defense mechanism to laugh, mock, or deny whatever you present.

Now I don't know if hollow earth theory is legit or not, but I'm not going to proclaim one way or another because no one has traveled there, nor has a trusted reputable scientist,organization,or device has been there. And If it was discovered do you people think the gov would release that info, or let that info get out? NO

Also I'm guessing everyone forgot that the mainstream science and majority of people thought you were crazy if you said the earth was round or if you said the earth revolved around the sun..Its sad how people let known liars and deceivers dictate there truth.

So S n F Op keep searching for the truth and keep questioning everything

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
OK I really have to ask - has anyone tried to VISUALIZE this Hollow Earth??

If you have a ball inside a ball....wouldn't those people (living on the surface of the inner-ball) see nothing but the inside lining of "our" outer ball (which is larger & hollow, and is ALL AROUND that inner-ball or inner-earth as theyprobably call it)??

In other words, the 'hollow earth people' wouldn't have a sky, atmosphere, trees or anything else that you need open-skies for, because all they'd see all around them where the sky should be is our own earth's inside lining. So this hollow earth theory is a bunch of rubbish.

edit on 27-4-2013 by rainychica because: fixed a sentence

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
the entrance is in the north pole / South pole! Why do you think we cant fly over / take or see pictures of it! THE NAZIS IS IN THERE SZOOOOOMGMGMGMGG MG OGM OMG!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Yes but... that "crust mantle outer core and inner core" as much as you want to call it "fact" is only but a theory - it is the most acceptable one, but it is still just a theory - its not a fact because we never drilled anything past the crust - actually I think we only drilled a tiny % of the crust.

So in reality, I know it hurts but... its just as viable as "A Journey to the Center of the Earth" by Jules Verne...

I think you need to brush up on the difference between the scientific meaning of the word theory and the colloquial meaning of the word theory.

From the American Academy for the Advancement of Science:

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world. The theory of biological evolution is more than "just a theory." It is as factual an explanation of the universe as the atomic theory of matter or the germ theory of disease. Our understanding of gravity is still a work in progress. But the phenomenon of gravity, like evolution, is an accepted fact.

From the US National Academy of Sciences:

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence. Many scientific theories are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or that the surface of the Earth is not divided into solid plates that have moved over geological timescales (the theory of plate tectonics). One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
well according to this theory (the article)
this isnt implying anything about a hollow anything, but a solid core,a rotational mantle; with a molten layer between them.

pretty interesting though. i can easily imagine the model, but would like to see one XD
just wanna give the world a little twist and watch it spin against the center like a gyroscope.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I often wonder when people discuss hollow earth theory of they are discussing the earth like a eggshell with a perfect inner sphere (like the inside of a ball), or more like just really giant caves that could fit a small continent inside..

The second version I could understand and more or less agree that it is plausible..even to the point of some tribes and such going in and carving some sort of existence out of (however, after generations of evolution deep in some cave outside of the sun..not to mention what would they eat...would they even look like our humans?)

Hell..maybe that's what grey aliens would look like...big black eyes, gray skin, etc

Anyhow, not sure how a super hot core has to do with either shell or cave theory...the shell thing is fantasy. the cave thing is speculation, but I do think it would be a good international effort to try and harnass all this energy from the core. could be a wonderful source of free energy with thermal core vents all over the world blasting seemingly endless energy out to the surface (ok, maybe not endless, but for much longer than man will ever be around and requiring planetary energy)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

(...) but I do think it would be a good international effort to try and harness all this energy from the core. could be a wonderful source of free energy with thermal core vents all over the world blasting seemingly endless energy out to the surface (ok, maybe not endless, but for much longer than man will ever be around and requiring planetary energy)

How... How dare you Geth?

BURN THE WITCH!!!

edit on 27-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

"Just about all cave systems have been explored?"

That isn't even CLOSE to being correct!
Heck, just here locally we have a cave called Beauty Cave that is MAPPED at 17 miles. Chances are it is much larger than even that, but the problem is that it is a total pain in the arse to map caves beyond just a few miles. And the Earth's crust is 50 miles thick.

We have not mapped even 1% of Earth's cave systems. Anyone saying otherwise is talking out their two-hole.
Period.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by ANOK

"Just about all cave systems have been explored?"

That isn't even CLOSE to being correct!
Heck, just here locally we have a cave called Beauty Cave that is MAPPED at 17 miles. Chances are it is much larger than even that, but the problem is that it is a total pain in the arse to map caves beyond just a few miles. And the Earth's crust is 50 miles thick.

We have not mapped even 1% of Earth's cave systems. Anyone saying otherwise is talking out their two-hole.
Period.

Right, hense why spelunking is so interesting. its one of the last few places on earth where you can feel like a proper explorer verses just walking a old beaten path.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join