It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Core of Earth found to be as hot as the Sun - Hollow Earth theory

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

You keep using the word "plasma" ...

"I do not think it means what you think it means." -- Inigo Montoya

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Sorry but I used the word plasma once before. I'm not understanding your point. Did you have one?

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Well for a start Mars is far smaller than Earth, a lot colder, lost its atmosphere and has no liquid water. Therefore it cooled a lot faster and its plate tectonics froze in place. No plasma required.
edit on 28-4-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey guys. I don't have any feelings one way or the other regarding the Hollow Earth Theory. However, I did find this video quite intruiging. He might well just be on a wind up, but I found him to be quite convincing.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-4-2013 by Alekto because: better quality video.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This diagram on the subject is quite useful:
Categorizing Hollow Earth

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Truth is stranger than fiction. There are stories about deep caverns into the ground that are inhabited by the alien greys. Tall and slender with unbelievable technology. Maybe thats why Hitler was so interested in this stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

"A team of scientists has measured the melting point of iron at high precision in a laboratory, and then drew from that result to calculate the temperature at the boundary of Earth's inner and outer core
The melting point of Iron is anywhere between 2100 and 2900 degrees F. We can measure the melting point of iron, steel, plastic or any other material. But I cant imagine how they can connect that to any theory about the inside of the earth.

the theory that the earth is filled with molten iron, or for that matter, molten little green men, is exactly that. It is based on a very long line of, ASSUMPTIONS! Just as the Hollow Earth theory is! But in saying that, there are far more instances of substantiation for the latter in the ancient scriptures. There is not one reference in the scriptures about the earth being filled with molten, anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
It is based on a very long line of, ASSUMPTIONS! Just as the Hollow Earth theory is! But in saying that, there are far more instances of substantiation for the latter in the ancient scriptures. There is not one reference in the scriptures about the earth being filled with molten, anything.

It's not an assumption. It is a known fact that the outer core is molten iron and nickel.

Why do people think it's not possible to know what is in the Earth?

What we do know about the core -- that there is a solid inner core of pure iron the size of the Moon, an outer liquid core rich in iron the size of Mars, and an irregular boundary between the liquid core and the bottom of the rocky mantle -- comes mostly from studying how seismic waves travel through the earth.

In addition, geophysicists have recreated the physical states and chemical compositions that could account for the seismic record both in the laboratory, notably in diamond-anvil-cell experiments like those of Raymond Jeanloz at UC Berkeley, and in computer simulations such as those by Gary Glatzmaier of UC Santa Cruz and Los Alamos.

The truth about Earth's core?

It's obvious if you understand basic physics. The Earth spins creating a centrifugal force, which during it's early life caused heavier matter to be pulled into the center. Iron is the most common matter in the Earth, thus it collected in the Earths center. Once the Earth cooled the iron solidified in the center but remained molten further out from the center, the outer core, due to the radioactive matter left over from when the Earth formed.

edit on 4/28/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by ken10

Well for a start Mars is far smaller than Earth, a lot colder, lost its atmosphere and has no liquid water. Therefore it cooled a lot faster and its plate tectonics froze in place. No plasma required.
edit on 28-4-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

There is an atmosphere on Mars, but it is co2.......and co2 is a waste/exhaust gas indicative of an engine that uses a fuel and expels an exhaust....just as the volcanoes would have done on Mars, And further from what I have read nuclei decay does not produce co2.

Also plasma is the most common phase of matter in the universe...so why wouldn't it be at the core of planets.

Another thing to consider is the way religion plays a part in our science, I mean there won't be too many creationists willing to accept a theory that planets evolved from balls of gasses and not made by g_d...would there. And that's why I question and make sense of the world around me for myself.

So people can scoff all they like... because at the present everything is assumption and speculation.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Also plasma is the most common phase of matter in the universe...so why wouldn't it be at the core of planets.

Do you realise plasma is not matter, it is a state of matter?

If the Earths outer core is plasma, or not, really makes no difference, it is still just molten iron and nickle.

Plasma is a phase of matter distinct from solids, liquids, and gases. It is the most abundant phase of matter in the universe; both stars and interstellar dust consist of it. Although it is its own phase of matter, it is often referred to as an ionized gas. This is similar to a normal gas, except that electrons have been stripped from their respective nucleons and float freely within the material. Even if only 1% of the atoms have lost their electrons, a gas will display plasma-like behavior.

www.wisegeek.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by ken10

Do you realise plasma is not matter, it is a state of matter?

If the Earths outer core is plasma, or not, really makes no difference, it is still just molten iron and nickle.

Plasma is a phase of matter distinct from solids, liquids, and gases. It is the most abundant phase of matter in the universe; both stars and interstellar dust consist of it. Although it is its own phase of matter, it is often referred to as an ionized gas. This is similar to a normal gas, except that electrons have been stripped from their respective nucleons and float freely within the material. Even if only 1% of the atoms have lost their electrons, a gas will display plasma-like behavior.

www.wisegeek.org...

If you re-read my post I describe plasma as a PHASE OF MATTER
edit on 28-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Guys? You can't really have solid metallic plasma. Because metals don't have bound electrons, really, it's more of an electron gas called a Drude gas. And that doesn't square with the definition of plasma.

A plasma is really just an ionized gas. That's all it is. It won't stay ionized forever without an energy input. There's this pesky thing called recombination, where it goes back to being a non-ionized gas. And it's not magical. It's just ionized gas. It doesn't create energy. It won't sit there and be a mini-Sun just because it's plasma.

Rule of thumb - if it's not a gas, it's not plasma. If it's not ionized, it's not plasma.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It's not an assumption. It is a known fact that the outer core is molten iron and nickel.
Known fact? And how did they come across this knowledge? Through a series of assumptions? Or has someone journeyed to the center of the earth, and lived to tell the story?

Sorry, I don't think I can accept your interpretation of the word "Known".

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I actually think this may be a devastating blow to the hollow earth theory. Although its not necessary for people to ridicule the discussion of such an idea. While it may not be true, the model proposed could teach us something. Maybe there is a planet out there like this. Or maybe it will inspire some sort of mothership design for the future or a habitat.

So, there is no harm.in freely discussing what might be possible. If you feel it necessary to mention some reasons why you think it to be implausible, or if you simply wish to express your disbelief in it, then there are many civil ways to do so. To resort to school yard bullying tactics absolutely speaks to your character, not to mention the sparse conditions of ones vocabulary and critical thinking skills when you fall back on the old faithful "get real" or "get a grip" or any other version of "I'm not intellectually equipped to participate in a real constructive discussion with you, and that frustrates me, so my subconscious

is telling me to be angry and go into 'attack mode', so what I will do here is go ahead and express my displeasure by mentally structuring our society, and our very universe in such a way that you are somehow lower than me. I'll convince myself that there really is a 'totem pole' or 'corporate ladder' and I am above you in that hierarchy. And in fact, I'll tell myself that you are so very low on that imagined totem pole, that you are subhuman and do not deserve to be treated with the basic respect one human should treat another with. So, being that I believe you to be less than human,

I will then proceed to hurl hateful insults, and attempt to build a sort of camaraderie with any others like me who came before me to say rude things to you unprovoked. I will do this because I know that I, not having the intellectual capacity to hold a conversation with you, must be much weaker and stupider than you are, and so I will join with the others because I also know that many weak, stupid people can overpower one or two strong, intellectually powerful people, at least to the common observer it will appear that way and it will look like I'm on the

side of righteousness and you will appear to be the one who mistakenly assumed that God was handing out trains, when in fact it was the line for brains, and you, not being a train enthusiast, got out of the line and so you did not receive a brain. Yes. That's exactly what people will think. They will think to themselves 'hey, when God was handing out Brains, this guy over here thought that he said 'trains'. Therefore he does not possess a brain. True story.'"

The reason why I think this is a devastating blow to the hollow earth theory, is that, if the center of the earth truly is as hot as the sun, you could not be as close it as hollow earth would require. In fact, we would all burn to death if it wasn't for the thousand miles of dirt insulating that heat. A "hollow earth" inner sun would have to be much much cooler than our sol.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

Known fact? And how did they come across this knowledge? Through a series of assumptions? Or has someone journeyed to the center of the earth, and lived to tell the story?

Very good. I was thinking about it but did not mention that, hollow earth theory remains alive because this discovery could be proven false. You know, in the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck

The surface of the sun is not the hottest part of the sun.. but who knows maybe their are things living deep in the earth. There are certainly a lot of legends and myths suggesting there are.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck

The surface of the sun is not the hottest part of the sun.. but who knows maybe their are things living deep in the earth. There are certainly a lot of legends and myths suggesting there are.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
How does testing in the lab equal to what might actually be happening? NO ONE and I mean NO ONE on this planet knows whats actually at the center of the earth, its all just Theory.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

reply to post by ANOK

Very good. I was thinking about it but did not mention that, hollow earth theory remains alive because this discovery could be proven false. You know, in the future.

I don't dispel the theory that the earth is filled with molten "anything" because I might believe the earth is hollow. I dispel the molten iron theory because it is absolutely "Insane". If it were filled with anything that temperature, through time, that temperature would have migrated to the surface, and it has had 4 billion years to do it. And as you can see, it hasn't. Sure, there are hot spots called volcanoes but that in no way is a reflection of a constant condition within the Earth. You would logically expect molten IRON to come out of the Volcanoes, but it doesn't! It is super heated rock. And I believe it is the result of extreme compression and a chemical reaction, locally, nothing more. And, it has been said in the past that a pimple on a persons face does not mean that people are filled with pimple juice.

Thanks 3n19m470, I needed that cup of coffee.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't dispel the theory that the earth is filled with molten "anything" because I might believe the earth is hollow. I dispel the molten iron theory because it is absolutely "Insane". If it were filled with anything that temperature, through time, that temperature would have migrated to the surface, and it has had 4 billion years to do it. And as you can see, it hasn't. Sure, there are hot spots called volcanoes but that in no way is a reflection of a constant condition within the Earth. You would logically expect molten IRON to come out of the Volcanoes, but it doesn't! It is super heated rock. And I believe it is the result of extreme compression and a chemical reaction, locally, nothing more. And, it has been said in the past that a pimple on a persons face does not mean that people are filled with pimple juice.

Right. So you know nothing about plate tectonics, subduction, vulcanism and basic geology them? Just checking.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join