Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Core of Earth found to be as hot as the Sun - Hollow Earth theory

page: 1
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey ATS'ers I came across this article today in the Huffington Post about scientists finding out this week that our Earth's core is actually much hotter than we realized and is in fact as hot as the surface of the sun. This got me thinking about the Hollow Earth theory and it's central idea that the center of the earth was an inner sun. I think it's quite a coincidence that it appears that theory seems closer to reality now. What do you guys think about the possibility The Hollow Earth theory could have some truth?

Link to source for more reading: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Key Quote: "A team of scientists has measured the melting point of iron at high precision in a laboratory, and then drew from that result to calculate the temperature at the boundary of Earth's inner and outer core — now estimated at 6,000 C (about 10,800 F). That's as hot as the surface of the sun.

The difference in temperature matters, because this explains how the Earth generates its magnetic field. The Earth has a solid inner core surrounded by a liquid outer core, which, in turn, has the solid, but flowing, mantle above it. There needs to be a 2,700-degree F (1,500 C) difference between the inner core and the mantle to spur "thermal movements" that — along with Earth's spin — create the magnetic field.

The previously measured core temperature didn't demonstrate enough of a differential, puzzling researchers for two decades. The new results are detailed in the April 26 issue of the journal Science."




posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I read about that today on my daily trek to "Science Daily". Pretty interesting findings.


+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
No. This does NOT make the Hallow Earth theory more believable. Come on man.
Are you serious ? There are no people living in the middle of the earth. Gah.



I'd say more, but I can't see through the tears. I am laughing that hard.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
No. This does NOT make the Hallow Earth theory more believable. Come on man.
Are you serious ? There are no people living in the middle of the earth. Gah.



I'd say more, but I can't see through the tears. I am laughing that hard.


I bet that's what people would have said to the earth being round back before we had proof.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you want to prove it i'm sure someone locally can lend you a pickaxe and you can go and give us a view of this hidden world



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Very cool, not that I believe in the hollow earth theory. I think this gives more credence the expanding earth theory.
Is it possible that the earth is actually getting hotter starting from the center of the planet and expanding into a second sun. Soon there may be no mantle left to stand on?

Just a thought.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kbriggss
Very cool, not that I believe in the hollow earth theory. I think this gives more credence the expanding earth theory.
Is it possible that the earth is actually getting hotter starting from the center of the planet and expanding into a second sun. Soon there may be no mantle left to stand on?

Just a thought.


I agree it opens up that possibility as well. I by no means think positively there's a hollow earth city beneath us I just think science like this makes you think harder about possibilities and the intrinsic meaning of essentially having a sun within our planet.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting find OP


I'm confused if you are contemplating the validity or just generating discussion...first you say this...


Originally posted by robbystarbuck

I think it's quite a coincidence that it appears that theory seems closer to reality now. What do you guys think about the possibility The Hollow Earth theory could have some truth?


then you say this...




The Earth has a solid inner core surrounded by a liquid outer core, which, in turn, has the solid, but flowing, mantle above it.



Anyway I think the theory is ridiculous personally but you will find plenty on here that want to believe it.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbystarbuck

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
No. This does NOT make the Hallow Earth theory more believable. Come on man.
Are you serious ? There are no people living in the middle of the earth. Gah.



I'd say more, but I can't see through the tears. I am laughing that hard.


I bet that's what people would have said to the earth being round back before we had proof.


We know for a fact the earth is not hollow, it is called sonar, and sounds waves propagate through air much different than through a solid or a liquid.

If the earth was hollow, it would have been known the very first time a earth quake was measured, or when they measured an atomic explosion from russia in America....

I cant believe you dont understand the basic principle of propagation of pressure waves through media, I was taught this back in 7th grade in 89.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have always said that I believe there is a Plasma at the earth's core, If there had been a molten metal core from the pressures placed upon it then why is Mars a dead planet, when it clearly was alive in the past.with volcanoes and an atmosphere possibly similar to ours.

I reckon there is a plasma at the earth's core feeding off our atmosphere and creating the solid stuff = expanding earth.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Do you really want me to respond to that retort ?

You honestly think that KNOWING for a FACT that there is NOT another earth in the center of the earth with magical *white people in it is the same as thinking the earth is flat ?


+1 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


I am guessing you have traveled thousands of miles under the earths surface to disprove this theory?

When I first heard of it I laughed as well....
But after researching the depth of the earth and current digging technology it does not seem very far fetched at all that a civilization of humans could have went under ground for protection especially if they were as advanced as some of the ancient items suggest.

Sometimes you have to open your mind a little to allow some of the arrogance to be set free.

edit on 26-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
Interesting find OP


I'm confused if you are contemplating the validity or just generating discussion...first you say this...


Originally posted by robbystarbuck

I think it's quite a coincidence that it appears that theory seems closer to reality now. What do you guys think about the possibility The Hollow Earth theory could have some truth?


then you say this...




The Earth has a solid inner core surrounded by a liquid outer core, which, in turn, has the solid, but flowing, mantle above it.



Anyway I think the theory is ridiculous personally but you will find plenty on here that want to believe it.



Just opening to discussion, I think that the find just creates more wonders about the parts of our earth we haven't actually seen.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired
 


Nnnnno no no no no You are talking about something totally different. You are talking about ancient civilizations that actually DUG holes in the GROUND with tunnels and such and lived underground. That's very different than magical *white people living in the MIDDLE of the earth with an atmosphere and their own sun and trees and sh*t looking just like the surface of the earth. Totally different.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by robbystarbuck

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
No. This does NOT make the Hallow Earth theory more believable. Come on man.
Are you serious ? There are no people living in the middle of the earth. Gah.



I'd say more, but I can't see through the tears. I am laughing that hard.


I bet that's what people would have said to the earth being round back before we had proof.


We know for a fact the earth is not hollow, it is called sonar, and sounds waves propagate through air much different than through a solid or a liquid.

If the earth was hollow, it would have been known the very first time a earth quake was measured, or when they measured an atomic explosion from russia in America....

I cant believe you dont understand the basic principle of propagation of pressure waves through media, I was taught this back in 7th grade in 89.


There are as a fact areas not stupendously large but there are areas of our earth that are open space.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The problem is, they didn't actually send something down to the core and measure the temperature, they inferred it by assuming a standard, non-hollow earth, and measuring molten iron up here on the surface.

If anyone does believe in a hollow earth, these measurements are utterly meaningless to you and certainly cannot be used to give any credence to the theory (or disprove it).



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by robbystarbuck
 


Yes, in the CRUST of the EARTH. Not in the MIDDLE of the earth.

Can someone please post a picture of the layers of our great planet so these folks understand ?

CRUST
MANTLE
OUTER CORE
INNER CORE

All the "openings" and "holes" and "caves" and "secret dwellings" that we have discovered from ancient civilizations, have all been in the earths CRUST.



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If there were people living in under the Earth they would have been found by now.

Obviously there would have to be shafts open to let air in, or do they not breath oxygen? If there were shafts, or caves leading directly to the "inner world" they would have been found. I used to go spelunking (caving for the uninitiated), as thousands of people do, and no one has yet found these people living underground?

What do they eat? I doubt there is too much arable soil down there?

Where do you think lava comes from when a volcano erupts? Obviously the Earth is not inhabitable bellow the crust.



edit on 4/26/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I have always said that I believe there is a Plasma at the earth's core, If there had been a molten metal core from the pressures placed upon it then why is Mars a dead planet, when it clearly was alive in the past.with volcanoes and an atmosphere possibly similar to ours.

I reckon there is a plasma at the earth's core feeding off our atmosphere and creating the solid stuff = expanding earth.


Love that idea



posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by skepticconwatcher
 


I am guessing you have traveled thousands of miles under the earths surface to disprove this theory?

When I first heard of it I laughed as well....
But after researching the depth of the earth and current digging technology it does not seem very far fetched at all that a civilization of humans could have went under ground for protection especially if they were as advanced as some of the ancient items suggest.

Sometimes you have to open your mind a little to allow some of the arrogance to be set free.

edit on 26-4-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)


Thank you. The cynics are just mean.





new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join