It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My psychic development is going nowhere

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
Indigo, after reading this thread, I'll offer a few other possibilities that haven't yet been mentioned. Many psychicly aware people will have some sort of "awakening" - an event (sometimes traumatic) that causes the psychic abilities to start to appear in a raw form (I had one at age 16 that was so traumatic that I had actually considered having myself committed, until I was able to start sorting through the sudden influx of information in my head). This isn't always the case, but it could be a possibility in your case.

Another possibility is that some external force is preventing you from being able to evolve your psychic abilities. In rare cases, I have seen otherworldly, non-corporeal entities that have actually prevented people from becoming psychicly aware until a certain event, or from fear of what a person's psychic abilities could do to them, etc. Typically, I'll see something like this with people whose psychic abilities have such strong potential, that they could actually grow their abilities faster than their ability to control them.

Of course, another possibility is that you're simply trying to develop your abilities in the wrong areas. Not everyone has the same psychic abilities, and while an individual may have an extremely strong ability in one field, they might not be able to develop any ability in another. Not everyone can go astral, for instance. Not everyone can have premonitions. Not everyone can remote view, etc.

From what I've read, it seems that you're very good at the meditation, but can't quite make it to the astral plane. Have you done a meditation to find your spirit guide or animal? Perhaps finding this could point you in the proper direction to develop your abilities. I have a very specific meditation that I use when guiding people though this meditation, however, there's many varieties out there. I don't have any links offhand, but I'll take a look, and see if I can point you to a few of them. This exercise requires good meditative skills, but not an ability to go astral. It's all visualization based.

Also, how firmly do you believe in your ability to go astral? Even the slightest doubt in your own psychic abilities can cause even the simlpest exercise to fail. Belief in yourself and your abilities is key.

I hope some of this helps.

Yes, I've tried meditations and visualizations to find my guide and psychic animal. I am more or less convinced what is preventing me from developing further is the emotional problems. Personally, I think they will never be solved.

In the visualization exercise the first thought I had for my psychic animal was a tiger. And my guide was a Chinese man. However, bear in mind, this is just a thought. I found my angel-guardian angel was Jesus(I am not Christian)

However, I don't want to delude myself by thinking this actually means anything. All it is - is a thought. Those people who say they see flashes of light, visions, images, words, colors or hear sounds, voices, is what I woud accept as proof as a thought that isn't just my imagination.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Instead of using the meditation to develop your psychic abilities, maybe you could try to use it to sort through your troubled thoughts. Meditate on the things you remember, and those your subconcious brings up. It can be very painful, but in the end you can overcome them, with time. I have found this to be a very effective technique for dealing with childhood abuse. You may not be able to change the past but you can rise above it, and stop letting it dictate your future.

Then when you are emotionally ready, you could attempt to develop your abilities. I wish you luck, and hope that you are able to overcome your troubles.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Indigo I was already an adult when one day my spiritual guide decided to give me his name.
It took him 40 years to do that and I had known him all my life.

Some people have spiritual awakening since childhood like me, even without even realizing it.

As I go older it got better and when I had my children It went dormant for years and only when sometime was of importance I will have visions but only with relation of family and friends.

It was a time when I could not even be around a stranger without feeling something about him or her specially pain.

I have used relaxation for years, and it takes time is not overnight, every night I do my ritual of relaxing my body before bed time and that opens up the mind.

Also sometimes all it takes is a simple request to your spiritual guides and they will show you the way, but only if your are ready.

Its a reason for everything, remember even when the body is temporary our souls are eternal.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi Indigo - another good thread.

...Some very sensitive and aware people here. wow. ...didn't read everything so not sure if i'm repeating, but...

IMO - the earth's psychic 'lines' (ether, whatever) are mucked up. Things have changed a lot over the past 30-odd years, and are kind of muddy and crowded.

...animal guides/spirits are suffering - their lungs hurt, their eyes hurt, their bodies are in pain. Their radar is mucked up. .....and much of their strength is gone. They used to bring us courage and guidance, but now they ask for help for themselves, but none comes that nurtures their bodies. Which is what they need. They are physical life, and what grounds us to the earth. ...I guess I'm saying we need to bring them strength now, not look for something from them.

...The old ones are around a lot - but it's important not to have any expectations of what might happen, or how it works. ...IMO - you should NOT ask for 'proof of contact' - you might get it!

...many of the 'psychic' experiences that people have are distractions - not the real point. ...if you can get past looking for that, and just remain open to whatever comes, you will find that it moves along, whatever it is for you, and there is much, much more than you ever dreamed could be...

speaking of dreams - a good 'kick start' is a book called "The Caravan of Dreams" edited by Idries Shah. ....I think I can guarantee that anyone who reads it will find things change, very quickly.

...you may have emotional 'blocks' but if you keep going you will probably find guidance and wisdom. Just remember that while truths might be revealed overnight, in a flash of insight, it really does take years for it all to come together into a sensible whole...

...also, electrical power lines, a computer on in your bedroom and lots of people (or a troubled neighbor sleeping a floor above you) can cause 'interference.' .....So can a bad diet and impure thoughts.

...just do your best, 'increase your need,' and be grateful for whatever comes. Gratitude is important - everyone needs to know they're appreciated, even wise old spirits.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
...The old ones are around a lot - but it's important not to have any expectations of what might happen, or how it works. ...IMO - you should NOT ask for 'proof of contact' - you might get it!

Having personal experience with "the old ones" (I use quotes, because I call them by a different name), if you're fortunate enough to actually have contact with them, you'd be lucky to get anything even remotely resembling a straight answer out of them. They often speak in riddles, and often they're ones that are not easilly (if ever) solved.

Sorry for going off topic... just a little tidbit from personal experience....

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Yes, I've tried meditations and visualizations to find my guide and psychic animal. I am more or less convinced what is preventing me from developing further is the emotional problems. Personally, I think they will never be solved.

Your past personal problems may never be solved, but there are ways to overcome them in order to awaken your psychic abilities (my awakening helped tosolve many of my past personal problems)

In the visualization exercise the first thought I had for my psychic animal was a tiger. And my guide was a Chinese man. However, bear in mind, this is just a thought. I found my angel-guardian angel was Jesus(I am not Christian)

This is how the visualization excercise typically produces results. As I said, it doesn't require any ability to go astral. The results come from within yourself... a suggestion from your subconsious resulting in consious thought. Typically, your first thought is the one containing the truth for you. Even though you might not be consiously aware of your psychic ability, it's still there (we all have it to a degree). Your subconsious is always far more in tune to it than your consious mind is (at least before a complete awakening), so, as a result, "instinctual" responses (generated by your subconsious) are typically the ones that point to your psychic abilities.

However, I don't want to delude myself by thinking this actually means anything. All it is - is a thought. Those people who say they see flashes of light, visions, images, words, colors or hear sounds, voices, is what I woud accept as proof as a thought that isn't just my imagination.

Phenomena such as these don't always come to people with psychic abilities. Often, it's nothing more than a simple sense of "knowing." Deja-vu is a perfect example. We've all experienced it. It's a sense of "knowing" you've been there before, or heard something before, etc... it's a result of the subconsious giving your consious mind access to information that's been previously obscured from you. You just have to trust in yourself and your abilities. Once you can fully trust your instincts and first thoughts, then you'll find your psychic abilities, whatever they may be, starting to grow.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There is a category in a group I frequent.

mysticalwonders.org...

The category deals with Psychic Powers and how to enhance them.

There are quite a bit of helpful people in there so check it out.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468

Having personal experience with "the old ones" (I use quotes, because I call them by a different name), if you're fortunate enough to actually have contact with them, you'd be lucky to get anything even remotely resembling a straight answer out of them. They often speak in riddles, and often they're ones that are not easilly (if ever) solved.

Sorry for going off topic... just a little tidbit from personal experience....

I know exactly what you mean - finally got into 'dialogues' where after I got the dense-riddle-abstract, I would ask for a story, just basically tel her/him/them that I didn't get it and I needed a parable. Worked for me. ...Stories illustrate ideas, but make abstract concepts easier to grasp....

.Soory guys - back to the topic...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
People here have mentioned meditation, Orgone generators, visualization, hypnosis and even crying --I'm sorry but the crying game sounds funny, and it's the first time I hear about crying as a technique for promoting inner development, but I apologize if it has really worked for someone, which I doubt, because that's just shameless indulging in emotional outpourings-- but only one person has talked about the only thing that has worked for me so far: "pranayama", also called "controlled-breathing exercises" or "deep-breathing ditto".

It started when I bought a shabby-looking, cloth-bound, used book with a faded green cover, The Yoga of Health, Youth and Joy, by Sir Paul Dukes (1960). It had the usual drawings and photographs showing the postures ("asanas") but the author claimed that the postures were secondary, and that what really mattered was the breathing exercises, so I started doing these.

They are so simple that I felt silly doing them and I nearly stopped this daily routine (just once a day, and no more than 10-15 min.). I thought, "This is so childish it is embarrasing. How can it be of any use?" I kept going since the reason I started doing it was that I was under stressful circumstances and my agitation was getting to be intolerable. I was desperate and I had to try something new that would calm me down.

Maybe 3 weeks had gone by when I started noticing something odd, which I named the Yeti Effect. Cold weather had always been unpleasant for me, but now, as I walked in the drizzle and the cold wind blowed on my face it felt delicious.

On Day 38, after I finished the breathing exercises, I decided to try a few "asanas" for the first time, then I went for a walk. After a few minutes I started to feel weightless, so that walking was utterly effortless. I felt like there was so much energy in my body that I could have gone up a steep mountain running all the way to the top. I wanted to take off, just run and run, but I couldn't do this. I was downtown, surrounded by people and lots of cars.

I arrived at the public library, and it was there where the experience peaked. There was a feeling of intense joy, and all of a sudden I understood what I had read years ago, about the mystical, joyful state of being. In that state the mind is perfectly quiet, so that when a thought starts to appear it's like a pebble thrown into a mountain lake that looks like a mirror. A few ripples spread out and they soon die down. You start building the sentence, but you do it lazily, like in slow motion, and you don't ever finish it. It just fades away. You don't want to think.

Also, the sense of vision turns into an intense experience. I took a National Geographic book from the shelves and the big, full-page, color photographs of animals were exciting, especially one showing a red snake coiling around a big yellow fruit. This was similar to what I had felt during acid trips many years ago (as was the feeling of weightlessness), but without the fear and the freaking out.

Furthermore, there was a feeling of compassion for the people around me, as they whispered and looked at the books they picked from the shelves. They all looked so nice and gentle.

What I felt like doing was simply to go out, start walking and keep walking for the rest of my life, because all I needed was there inside myself, the absolute stillness and happiness. I cared for nothing else.

This went on for maybe 20 minutes, then all of a sudden it was gone. For the next two days I lost all interest in eating, and even though I ate, it was out of a sense of duty. I thought that I was on the brink of enlightenment, and my breathing sessions grew longer and longer, so that there were nights in which I spent maybe four, five hours at it, but to no avail. I was never able to return to the Quiet World I was allowed to visit for a short while.

Note that it was the "asanas" that seem to have triggered the experience, as though they had released a store of energy that had been building up for five weeks.

Someone's "signature" here has reminded me of this experience:

There is a road in the hearts of all of us,
Hidden and seldom traveled,
Which leads to an unknown secret place.
--Chief Luther Standing Bear (1868-1939)

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Macrento]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I will try to help you with the least amount of words...

Picture this...

You are looking out a window, quite contently gazing at the trees and grass. Although you are peering through the glass you are not looking at it.

I hope that helps... if you want help recognizing the glass infront of you, I can be of some assistance. Ask and you shall recieve.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
well what can i say im a Scorpio, 26 male i live in Jamaica,
and im an indigo at least i think i am

anyways this is my problem,
ever since i was a kid
iv got this world in my head
at first i thought it was power ranger inspired but then it took on a life of its own,
and now it is a complex society of many realms on a plain iv never been to, that all have me involved fighting but with super powers if i so chose.
highly psychic is the character ME, fighting darkness but recently the darkness of my mind

i guess i wanted to see what other ppl thought of that?
iv been on the net all day figuring out ways to increase my natural abilities but to no real avail,
all sites tell me what i know already,
dont drink or smoke or have sex or masturbate lmao

smoked a blunt today by the way, and i felt good in my own lil way,
i watch you tube n see kids that can paint or really kool stuff and i say wow
wish i could do that too,

dont get me wrong now, im not totally impotent lmao
i can sence things, in me in others but its not always spot on
i can naturally feel when sum one is bull shiiting me, to the T
7-10 i know who calling when the fone rings
im a good listener and i try to give good advice when needed but rarely follow my own words of heed
and most importantly i can feel the coming change every 1 is talking about, subtle but its there,
my only fear is i wont be part of the bigger picture and help in a way i know i will truly be appreciated.
by the way im broke, work in my country depends on status and clout, i have neither, lol

funny thing is that world in my head helps alot when i wanna 4get my problems,
im glad 4 obama n stuff
indigo's are all about change especially rouge hotheads like myself
lol jk
amm does any 1 out there believe in light workers? i 4 one have never met 1,
that im aware of anyway.
hopefully i do meet 1 one day.
that kinda wraps it up 4 now i guess
random babbling gets boring........

[email protected]

if anybody sensible wants to get at me about indigo's or just to clear up misunderstandings i have of the whole thing, im still learning and can be reached at the above e mail adress
but pls no stalkers or perves

im bad enuff as it is, lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join