It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another major city has it's streets shut down by FBI and local police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Wonder if it is related to the Facebook page made for a L.A. Nuclear blast of some sort scheduled for April the 28th. I am sure this is a hoax (I hope...) but maybe they are taking seriously? With the other events happening and facebook memorials or "warnings" just slightly ahead of the event it sure makes me think... No matter the reason it still sucks. Many people are realizing that they need to get out. But unfortunately, by the time they try it may be too late. (Myself included. =( )

www.youtube.com...

______beforeitsnews /strange/2013/04/nuke-event-in-la-april-28th-facebook-page-memorial-set-up-days-ago-2448402.html

aftertheshift.blogspot.com... age-set-up-for-la.html

www.disclose.tv... orial-facebook-page-for-la-april-28-2013-t87036.html

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hey! I got an idea!
How about end the failed war on drugs and legalize the stuff? Then, all these gangs and thugs will have a lot of power taken away from them.
Like they have done in the Netherlands, they're more concerned with stopping the spread of disease than trying to get people to stop taking drugs, which isn't going to happen. Over there, if you want to shoot up heroine, you go to a clinic and they'll supply you with a clean needle and a room. At least the person isn't spreading disease and in a safe place being monitored.
Oh, wait. If we stop the war on drugs, then they can't do these raids anymore and some officers will be out of work and certain agencies will have to disband because they'll stop getting funded by our tax dollars.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by boncho

So, they were severing warrants then, thanks for the info.

No biggie then.

Look at the way they serve warrants today.

Heck, in the past it just took a handful of sissy-ninnies to force the police to barricade themselves indoors when a raid went south.

Tactical gear, personel carriers (baby tanks), that kind of thing? They didn't have it.

www.pbs.org...

The Stonewall Inn was, however, one of the only places gay people in New York City could socialize, providing a rare haven where they could drink, dance to the jukebox, and be themselves.

Previous raids of the Stonewall Inn had resolved peacefully. Typically, after police made some arrests, the bar shut down, reopening for business just a few hours later. But the raid on June 28th was different: patrons at the Stonewall resisted arrest and the police quickly lost control of the situation. A crowd gathered on the street outside the Stonewall, forcing police to barricade themselves in the bar.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Oakland has a lot of drug and gang problems. It seems that those two often go together.

They also have daily "sideshows!"....trying to get home from work is a chore.

edit on 4/25/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pslr2301
Wonder if it is related to the Facebook page made for a L.A. Nuclear blast of some sort scheduled for April the 28th. I am sure this is a hoax (I hope...) but maybe they are taking seriously? With the other events happening and facebook memorials or "warnings" just slightly ahead of the event it sure makes me think... No matter the reason it still sucks. Many people are realizing that they need to get out. But unfortunately, by the time they try it may be too late. (Myself included. =( )

www.youtube.com...

______beforeitsnews /strange/2013/04/nuke-event-in-la-april-28th-facebook-page-memorial-set-up-days-ago-2448402.html

aftertheshift.blogspot.com... age-set-up-for-la.html

www.disclose.tv... orial-facebook-page-for-la-april-28-2013-t87036.html

No, no it's not. Good effort on trying to plug a campaign desperate for attention though!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Perhaps you are unaware of just how heavily armed these gangs in Oakland are? I won't drive through there without body armor and I am not even a LEO..... There are areas in Oakland that the police will get sniped if they drive through. It is not going to be Muslims or Cartel members they are busting down there as the homey's in Oakland would tear them apart. It is not an ethnically diverse town.......

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

They also "sideshows!"....trying to get home from work is a chore.

W
W, that has to be the lamest example of people acting "cool" I've ever seen. Seriously, close down an intersection with your "boyz" to burn donuts in 15-20 year old 'sport's cars that were not even top line cars to begin with... ??

There's nothing about that that's boss. The cars are lame, the people there are lame, everything about it.... LAME

If they did a meet up like that sanctioned, people wouldn't go cause it's honestly that crap.

Hell, even a cheap, loosely organized, poorly managed meet up would bring out way better cars and hot girls to prance around in their booty shorts and bras.

El Crapo

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

100% agreed on this. I've mentioned here before that my father was a career man for the first half of his life in a Southern California department but his time started after Vietnam with the Alameda County Sheriff's Department. Long time ago...and what should have been different times, you'd think. I recall him telling me horror stories about Oakland even then. That far back.

It's a bad thing to have to say a whole city is basically a war zone ...and I suppose not EVERY pocket of Oakland is equally dangerous ..but I think it's like trying to find a happy spot in 1980's Beirut. One has to get rather creative about definitions to find an area 'better than others' in that context, eh?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Very true, but what happens to all the cash they find during the raids?
I'm sure much of that goes missing.
Just for laughs, do a google search of the words 'oakland police force facing cuts'. I wonder if a good reason for many of these raids is for job security.

This article here from November 2012 is an eye opener:
"Oakland police union welcomes a takeover"
www.sfgate.com...

The Oakland Police Department is sliding fast toward a federal takeover of some kind or another.

You might think this would be the kind of thing the rank and file would strongly fight. But get this: They're practically begging for a takeover.

edit on 25-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nothing interesting like that happens up here. People would have lots to talk about if it happened in a local town. Exitement
The FBI knows we exist
We see the FBI on TV a lot, got an FBI office up here but I think the agent is afraid of going out in public.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yeah

Sideshows also happen on the 880 freeway.

The PD arrives and quickly leave the area at the 4 min mark of this sideshow. (Bad language warning)

edit on 4/25/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Nothing interesting like that happens up here. People would have lots to talk about if it happened in a local town. Exitement
The FBI knows we exist
We see the FBI on TV a lot, got an FBI office up here but I think the agent is afraid of going out in public.

That's the good thing. The UP doesn't have this kinda crap. Yea I think we have one agent in Marquette haha.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
It's no Chicago but it's still pretty nasty.

I live in Chicago and I've never heard of them doing door to door sweeps on the whole city or certain blocks. It's not a normal thing in here. But the military is doing urban warfare training in the next town over in an abandond mental institute. You can hear the explosions at night some times.

edit on 25-4-2013 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Perhaps you are unaware of just how heavily armed these gangs in Oakland are? I won't drive through there without body armor and I am not even a LEO..... There are areas in Oakland that the police will get sniped if they drive through. It is not going to be Muslims or Cartel members they are busting down there as the homey's in Oakland would tear them apart. It is not an ethnically diverse town.......

You are correct, and It's not fair for me to ignore that or omit those particular points in my previous posts. The problem with Cali and some of their ghettos needs to be addressed. They were created by completely segregating and cutting off poor ethnic groups essentially trying to keep them out of sight and out of mind.

We had posts on the forum before where one of those ghettos had some police brutality incidents, I can't remember exactly but I think a cop was tazing people in a protest, or unauthorized meet up of local neighbourhood characters.

Now, what's funny is how they all cried "police brutality" but a week before there were kids being shot up in crossfire. Essentially, the police on the highlighted day in question weren't taking any risks and just tazing people.

-------------

To address the issue.

-------------

Some major errors have been made letting it get so out of control as it is today. There needs to be an integration of the high risk, at risk youth and active anti-social people in the state. They need to be intermixed with prosocial people and drop the believed "ownership" ideals that seem to take precedent in areas like that.

It's hard to say "I own this block homie" when you are talking to a banker on his way to the private parking garage under the street, he looks at the tattoo'd up gentleman and says, "Well good for you! Do you have a copy of the deed? I have never a deed for an entire city block! How did you manage to get the city to part with their infrastructure? Very fascinating indeed!"

"No B, like dis dem blockz is minez dawg, if you aint chopin for me, you iz paying me daily fees to be running thru my block seen?"

"Well that's interesting, but I do already have a landlord, and my parking unit is included with my lease. Hold on, my Father is a judge I should give him a ring. Or wait, there's Sergeant Gustavson, a good friend of mine and a member of the local PD, he's great at mediating disagreements."

*Waves over the cop

The gangbanger thinks to himself, damn, "all my boyz is on other end of towns seen, they iz not comin, I aint taking 5.0. po-po myself. I iz #*$#@'d seen."

So he turns to the guy and says, "Oh, I am totally mistaken. This is Broadwell and Elizabeth street, gosh darn, thought I was in a totally different place. Have a good day fine sir."

--------

So obviously I am exaggerating a little. Okay, maybe a lot. But the point should not be lost on the reader. Current studies that have been collecting data for a good time now, show that by separating and intermixing high risk populations prevents them from engaging in the type of behaviour similar to guerrilla militias and creating underground political figures involved in gang creation and leadership.

Essentially, if there are not enough of the same types of people in one area, the ability to lay claim to territorial districts is essentially impossible.

If 25 people or so harass, abuse and control residents in one single high-rise unit is easy for them to claim ownership of that unit and the surrounding block. However, if there are only one or two people with this mind frame in each high-rise in the city, it's much harder to assume a subversive authoritarian role essentially laying claim to that building and/or block.

Break up the ghettos and intermix them with everyone else.

It's like putting an ant in a box with a dozen or so magnifying glasses aimed down at him. You have to be mindful of the ant burning light beams.

By throwing in thousands of people into isolated areas, which are then cut off from surrounding areas by means of social stigma, etc. You are creating a problem.

Time to make everyone suck it up and act like normal human beings.

edit on 25-4-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Hey! I got an idea!
How about end the failed war on drugs and legalize the stuff?

Interesting you should mention that...

It didn't get much attention, but the Obama administration did something interesting yesterday: it unveiled a new approach on U.S. drug policy. As Keli Goff reported, "It appears that the administration may finally be ready to put the so-called drug war to bed and replace it with a much more commonsense drug policy focused on rehabilitation, not incarceration."

maddowblog.msnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
No, no it's not. Good effort on trying to plug a campaign desperate for attention though!

LOL Thanks? =P

At the time of my post I do not think it had been decided what the street closures were about so threw in a little speculation of my own. In this day and age you never know anymore. I am becoming skeptical about everything including "official" stories. But good to see it doesn't appear to be out of the norm for CA. I don't think I have ever seen that happen in my neck of the woods (TX) but I stay out of the larger cities as if it were the plague. (Husband says I am "allergic to town" =P) I love this site because it exposes one to many aspects that, although strange to a person in one area is natural and normal in another area.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Not to say they are not going after "terrorists", they may be, because that IMO is exactly what a gang member is.

i always thought a terrorist had some kind of ideal that they were fighting for(no matter how ridiculous it may be) were as gang member just want money and power.

I will say they are similar that the use fear as a wepon, but so does The American Government, Right? And the American goverment are not terrorists

For instance suicide bombers dont care about the money, they do a terrorist act in order to make a statement for whatever there cause may be.

A gang member will do a drive by to go after a target that stands in between the gangster and his money. Money equals power right.

Innocents can and will die in both acts, but one is intentional, the other is just collateral damage. One groups thinks outward the other thinks inward. So in conclusion I think terrorists and gangsters are two different things

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The gangbanger thinks to himself, damn, "all my boyz is on other end of towns seen, they iz not comin, I aint taking 5.0. po-po myself. I iz #*$#@'d seen."

So he turns to the guy and says, "Oh, I am totally mistaken. This is Broadwell and Elizabeth street, gosh darn, thought I was in a totally different place. Have a good day fine sir."

I am ROFL at this. It is serious but that was just too funny playing in my head!!

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God I don't know but today seems kinda odd

Lyric really fits now, no?

Man, they are just chasing down Easy-E...every body knows he is dropping a new one with Pac and Biggie....

but....Could this be connected to this?

Link

or this...

Link

There was also a shooting at a Nuke plant on the East Coast a few nights ago...
edit on 25-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

A gang member will do a drive by to go after a target that stands in between the gangster and his money. Money equals power right.

Innocents can and will die in both acts, but one is intentional, the other is just collateral damage. One groups thinks outward the other thinks inward. So in conclusion I think terrorists and gangsters are two different things

I have to agree with an excellent point you make here. As much as I respect the other poster's opinions as well, "terrorist" is a word so over used, in my opinion, it's become cheapened and diluted to the point of almost losing meaning. Terrorism does have a well defined and internationally accepted meaning. Gang Bangers and punks knocking over 7-11's or pumping meth out of neighborhood labs like a little factory does not terrorism make.

I think California was the first state I ever heard the use of the term "Terroristic Threat" in a criminal context and that was, as I'll never quite forget, a Father threatening to 'kick the butt' of a School Principle over some perceived wrong against his kid. Assault? yeah.... Terroristic threat? Oh brother ..... That's where it all started, perhaps...and it's gone absolutely nuts since.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join