It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if you woke up tomorrow and government was gone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

It would become the wild west.

If my daughters were raped - I'd have no recourse to make the perpetrators pay - except for taking justice into my own hands. That's a problem now in today's society - think of a society with no law. Think of all those pedo's and the fantasy land world created for them. There would be no laws to stop them, watch them, or hold them accountable.

I'd have to defend my land/food from those with none, starving - and willing to kill me and my own to take what I have.

I share your view. I, too, think it would quickly devolve into the Wild West and many would beg the government to save us.

We’d end up with more government and even less freedom!!!

So I guess my question is - How "limited" can we really make government and still maintain law and order considering the scum (lets be honest) that unfortunately walk among us?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

It's worse than that. The 47% wouldn't be shopping at the local grocery store anymore, so roughly half the stores go out of business. These stores lay off roughly half their staff, and decrease their recurring orders to reflect the new normal. Every link in the supply chain collapses by 47% to maintain equilibrium. Foreman, drivers, lift operators and farmers go out of business. Everyone else begins to feel the pinch. Within a few weeks, few are buying anything at all, or buying at a drastically diminished level. Eventually - all of our "work" is impacted by far more than our taxes ever paid to feed that 47%.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
after ufo(s) found depending on which land mass located and assessed NO OWNERS LEFT . take ufo alone or group to SPACE CRAFT... LOGIN then makes uturn comes back pick you all up as they misbehave and attack or seek their true negative passions why feeling free of an EYE... food and sleeping quarters in the designated areas RELAX it is a long long long ride.

PEACE

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Well, I think we'd be looking at first anarchy, excessive wanton property destruction, water based illnesses, (AKA things that the purification process kills,) multiple outbreaks of cholera, and the like; and the failure of containment in all nuclear reactors. Then we'd possibly see feudalism, and petty tyrants everywhere among the survivors. Likely armed with M1A1 tanks and the like... if they were proactive enough to seize them before starting their reigns.

The coin toss would be if we did or did not get invaded by other countries for our agricultural resources, or to keep the nuclear reactors from killing the planet.

Another option would be the military stepping in to establish a functional government to keep the aforementioned from happening.

In any case, it's not anything I'd wish for.
M.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
if ALL gov was gone it probably wouldn't be a very good day to wake up to.. if the FED GOV was gone and we still had state gov then I would be very happy...

Well the US used to be that way but people were miserable which is why the Federal Government was granted an increase in power over the States.

Simply put, State governments were ineffective at running the nation or even their own region.

Gotta love how you're rewriting history by claiming that "people were miserable" so the federal government was granted an increase in power. LMAO!!

Granted, or TOOK?? Miserable, or shackled to a larger power originally to protect against foreign invasion, which then became a ravenous greedy monster which created the civil war? Ineffective at running their own region, or bullied into submission by a federal government gone rogue?

Freaking revisionist history at its finest.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'd also worry about money, to be perfectly honest.

With the government gone, there is nothing stopping big banks from hiring a private army to seize our deposits. Do you really believe they would let us in to remove our stuff from our safety deposit boxes? This would start a cascade down to the smaller community banks and credit unions. Local businesses would have no way to pay their employees. Those employees would no longer have any incentive to go to work. The utilities would be up for grabs. Few people will work for nothing, especially when they need to be home, protecting their family from marauding gangs of hungry desperate "others."

It would be a mess, and it would unmake our world and everything in it.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Lets see... Gangs form, fight it out, winners get the wife and daughter of the loser? Yeah perfect world.

Even tho government is big and bad, they do keep some fanatical maniacs from running wild and wreaking havoc

Its the same idea religious folks have, no god, no rules.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
why in route to EDIN the Overseer crew is passed on there way to the nefarious groups remaining who telepathically didn't seek Peace but instead looked for chances to take or remake and old world power over their fellow CREATOR Creation groups...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

So I guess my question is - How "limited" can we really make government and still maintain law and order considering the scum (lets be honest) that unfortunately walk among us?

I don't know. I can tell you what I'm doing right now. I'm talking to my children (well one, I only have one old enough to really get into it and one other that can here the basics like learning about the constitution.) about politics. So that they're aware that their voice needs to be heard, if they don't like changes or so their voice is heard if they want to affect positive changes.

I encourage my teenager to think critically about the decisions are lawmakers are putting into place. I go through the internet and point out propaganda from both sides. From government and those that would like to make you afraid of your government. I try to keep her aware that when tragedies like this happen - you have to watch the elected like a hawk, because it's during those times agenda's are pushed.

I talk to her about protesting and plan to take her to the next one with me that I feel a need to participate in. Her and I are going to sit down and right a letter to our Governor and Senator in my state, about our views on - "giving up liberty for security" as that jackass Bloomberg is blathering on about.

I don't know what more I can do.

Cirque
edit on 24-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: I dont understand how it gets that way. There is no quote behind my name!

edit on 24-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Overseer Group(s) as quarantine Cosmic lifts manage and so after ....... ....... ....... periods Return for Cycled consciousness or the group SEES. learned... ETERNAL

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IRockTheBox

People that stupid should not be allowed to vote, or to serve. I wish there was an I.Q.-type test for common sense that everyone had to take before participating in the political process.

While I share your frustration in this regard, this goes against Libertarian principles that our country was founded on. Everyone is equal in the eyes of the law…even really stupid people.

It would make sense to have to display a basic understanding of the issues before being allowed to vote but that would be a constitutional violation.

Here in lies the problem! Libertarian ideals (true liberalism) can’t work because not everyone is smart enough to handle freedom and personal responsibility without someone to keep them honest. Without government we’d be left to exact our own justice, and that will be a big problem for Libertarians who don’t believe in the use of force against others. Who will protect them from the evil among us if not some form of government?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Overseer Group(s) as quarantine Cosmic lifts manage and so after ....... ....... ....... periods Return for Cycled consciousness or the group SEES. learned... ETERNAL

I don't go to the alien/UFO forums and interject politics. Why do you feel the need to come to a social/political forum and talk about aliens?

Just wondering...

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I don't go to the alien/UFO forums and interject politics. Why do you feel the need to come to a social/political forum and talk about aliens?

Just wondering...

1 apollos but if not alone what are humans... Also the entire response was in response to -What if you woke up tomorrow and government was gone?- and it was not stated only the us fed gov so 1 responded to entire global govs. being gone??? Which made responses, for 1 does not build bridges.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Gotta love how you're rewriting history by claiming that "people were miserable" so the federal government was granted an increase in power. LMAO!!

You have a good point.

I don’t think the usurpers in DC were granted any more power than the constitution provides. I think the 10th Amendment made that quite clear, though that hasn’t stopped them from grabbing more.

However, I think some states are wholly incapable of running without the fed even today (CA comes to mind).

Those issues would be sorted out if the fed was no longer there; people in CA would have to change the way they do business and become responsible once again.

edit on 24-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think that you would see the society that we currently have would collapse.

But, a new society would reform. It might take awhile and during that time would be the lawless days.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

would look around
and wonder what happened and if the higher up Cosmic Forces were gone as well. Then would assess if a possible mass abduction type situation went on to try and further understand then by who?? and why? as 1 questions further WHO is the New, in Order so it would be an odd day it seems... Interesting OP

Ummm...Your first response was about mass alien abductions!

would look around and wonder what happened and if the higher up Cosmic Forces were gone as well. Then would assess if a possible mass abduction type situation went on to try and further understand then by who?? and why? as 1 questions further WHO is the New, in Order so it would be an odd day it seems... Interesting OP

Sorry but this OP was an attempt at a serious discussion about the size and scope of government ON EARTH (I didn’t think that needed to be said) rather than alien fantasy. I have nothing against that but there is a forum dedicated to that discussion and this isn’t it!

Thanks for the responses though.

edit on 24-4-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I dont know if I would notice anything, you talk about factions that would rise and grow, to conquer. Im pretty sure thats what we live in now. depending on who is president and the ruling party, sorta depends on which faction will rule government for 4 years, until another battle won only with propaganda starts up again.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think that you would see the society that we currently have would collapse.

But, a new society would reform. It might take awhile and during that time would be the lawless days.

I agree with you.

How do we achieve true liberty and freedom without government and how do we have a government without it growing out of control as we've seen happen? There has to be a middle ground, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
double post
edit on 24-4-2013 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IRockTheBox

It makes me sick to see the uneducated masses voting for a candidate (6 or 7 times) for a friggin' Obamaphone.

Yeah...I hate uninformed voters...like those people who go around talking about false information like "Obamaphones".

Then there's Nancy Pelosi's famous comment about Obamacare, "We going to have to pass it before we know what's in it.

Or those people that mis-quote Nancy Pelosi and don't seem to comprehend the meaning by the actual quote.

Actual quote

But we have to pass the bill so YOU can find out what is in it, away from the fog of controversy

People that stupid should not be allowed to vote, or to serve. I wish there was an I.Q.-type test for common sense that everyone had to take before participating in the political process.

I agree, you shouldn't be able to vote.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join