It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston is a Farce to Take your Rights Away

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR

That's some creepy preacher type Yoda stuff right there ...

I am not fearing anything. If the same thing happened here as it did in Boston, I would be thankful that Law Enforcement came to my door and said, 'hey, mind if we check your place to make sure everything is OK' and I would say go ahead and thanks for making sure some terrorist isn't hiding in my basement or attic to later take me and my family hostage later.

Answer me this.
If what was going down in Boston happened in your neighborhood, would you have NOT stayed indoors. Would you have NOT let them check your house for the suspect ?

My dwelling is two rooms currently. No they cannot check. I know for sure no ones here except my family.
The odds of being wrong are zero.

And no I wouldn't have stayed indoors, I take my kids out to the ducks, swimming, tennis, etc, quite often.
If it was raining I would stay inside though because I don't like getting wet.

Oh and did you just call me Yoda? As a insult? The most powerful Jedi?
That's insulting? How? I thank you for the compliment but I am no where near as elite as Yoda, come on.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Not sure if stated, rather long thread just got on. Not trying to say where this is where my thoughts are but I saw complaints of officers who were in basically army gear, this is the national guard my friend, not surprising to see them at an event like this. Pretty sure MSM announced that at one point too.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

My dwelling is two rooms currently. No they cannot check. I know for sure no ones here except my family.
The odds of being wrong are zero.

And no I wouldn't have stayed indoors, I take my kids out to the ducks, swimming, tennis, etc, quite often.
If it was raining I would stay inside though because I don't like getting wet.

Oh and did you just call me Yoda? As a insult? The most powerful Jedi?
That's insulting? How? I thank you for the compliment but I am no where near as elite as Yoda, come on.

This is actually precisely why the city advised everyone to stay home today. Otherwise, any eccentric parents in Watertown would have taken their children out to feed ducks in the middle of a national terrorist manhunt. I doubt that children would enjoy participating in multiple and lengthy gunfights in public streets. And, ironically, if any children had died, the parents would have instantly sued the police for negligence.
edit on 20-4-2013 by buckrogerstime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buckrogerstime

This is actually precisely why the city advised everyone to stay home today. Otherwise, any eccentric parents in Watertown would have taken their children out to feed ducks in the middle of an international terrorist manhunt. I doubt that children would enjoy participating in multiple and lengthy gunfights in public streets. And, ironically, if any children had died, the parents would have instantly sued the police for negligence.

My community is protected though, so I already have security.
And I am not afraid of your mythical terrorists that are everywhere all the time like Santa Claus.

Nice try though.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
American's are a pretty vocal lot...

If this was a play toward totalitarian control -

Where are all the people complaining? Where are the news stories of individuals being harmed by excessive force? Now I don't think my country is perfect. We have lots of problems. There is government corruption, especially at the upper class levels. But that's a whole other level. It's the privileged, the elite, the 1%.

But, I'm not going to sit in my house reading all this conspiracy stuff and actually start believing every police officer and every military personal and every politician is in bed with the top - elite chess players - that don't play by any rule books we common people are privy too. I do believe - the majority of us Americans just want to live free and we don't care what you believe or where you come from. What I don't want - is to be anywhere taking care of other countries terrorist problems. We just showed you how to deal with it and get it done. You hunt them down and hold them accountable. I don't want extreme eastern philosophy here if you cannot settle and be in balance with our western ones.

The kid that got deported back to Saudi because he's blood to some of the elite chess players. That's concerning. That should raise red flags with Americans. Immigration. How does somebody on the FBI's suspect list get a greencard? That's a red flag for me.

I don't know why - but there a distinction for me. I can spot those people who see the distinction. But I also spot those who don't and harbor a deep hate and resentment towards any who don't see things their way, and that raises a red flag too.

Cirque
edit on 20-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: forgot word

edit on 20-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

SMR

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So your suggesting the gunfire was all fake ?
There was no threat what so ever at all this entire week ?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

My community is protected though, so I already have security.
And I am not afraid of your mythical terrorists that are everywhere all the time like Santa Claus.

Nice try though.

The terrorist was real and in one place the entire time: Boston. You know, the city where three people died and hundreds were seriously injured? (If the city hadn't been locked down, he may have actually escaped to somewhere else, even to your "protected community.")

Also, even communities without private security like to enjoy the little things in life, like not having terrorists run around their residential streets without any consequences. That's sort of why they invented the entire concept of a city police force.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Where are all the people complaining? Where are the news stories of individuals being harmed by excessive force? Now I don't think my country is perfect. We have lots of problems. There is government corruption, especially at the upper class levels. But that's a whole other level. It's the privileged, the elite, the 1%.

Cirque

It doesn't matter if anyone complained.
It doesn't matter if anyone was hurt.
It doesn't matter if it seems safer or not.

All that matters is the supreme law of the land, which prohibits the infringement of civil liberty.
Once you grasp this, all of your irrelevant questions will wash away.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Cirque

It doesn't matter if anyone complained.
It doesn't matter if anyone was hurt.
It doesn't matter if it seems safer or not.

All that matters is the supreme law of the land, which prohibits the infringement of civil liberty.
Once you grasp this, all of your irrelevant questions will wash away.

No, see, this is where you're wrong. It actually matters quite a lot if people complained, and it matters if people are safer. If everyone in the area consented to the police activity and the police activity was based on legitimate security concerns, there was no infringement of civil liberties.

SMR

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Wow ... just wow. Scary.
edit on 4/20/2013 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm completely bewildered with everything that's going on.. the bombings, the shootings, and now I just find out that CISPA was passed through the House while it was all going on?

Two is a coincidence, and three is a pattern.

The problem is no one wants to see a pattern, because if there is indeed a pattern from all of this then malicious intent is somewhere as well. The people I talk to don't see the writing on the wall. Even if they did, their only argument is 'no one's going to be able to do anything'.. the funny thing is that we've been saying that for YEARS now.

So how much more blood needs to be spilled before we wise up and realize its our government that's terrorizing us?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Freedom from, Freedom to.

You cannot have both at the same time. You can enjoy freedom from getting caught in a hail of gunfire or getting blown up by a pipe bomb when the police very politely ask you to stay inside while they secure your city. Or, you can enjoy freedom to move about with your children and enjoy your day at the pond while war is basically being waged on the police.

Anti-police type individuals are quick to yell police state when they are doing 6 over and get a ticket, or when they see a SWAT Officer. These same types of individuls will be quick to cry out for the police when real violence and real brutality are staring them in the face.

This thread was painful to read.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Wow ... just wow. Scary.
edit on 4/20/2013 by SMR because: (no reason given)

Ohh go hide under the bed.

It's so scary out here with these truth talkers.
They questioned my state religious ideologies, now I'm trembling.

You are crackin me up.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
When CISPA gets the green light, that's when the SHTF.. people are going to just mindlessly obey in fear that any plans to start a revolution will be heard and they will be silenced.

Meanwhile the economy will continue to bog down. Groceries will be ridiculously expensive, people won't be able to fill their tanks to go anywhere.

While our world is crashing down, their world will be rising up.

Why? Because no one cares. That's difficult for me to swallow, because in my upbringing, I was taught to treat everyone with an equal amount of respect. The Golden Rule was a common thing in our household.

But these days all I hear about is apathy.. uncaring fools who could care less what happens to someone else. Apathy and ignorance run rampant through our society and it's bolstered by MSM, our peers, and even our loved ones. How do we defeat that?

edit on 20-4-2013 by mrdeadfolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Guess what naysayers?

Read em and weep: The FACTS of LIFE

1) You are going to die eventually, everyone is mortal. No medicine or doctor can defeat this in the end.
2) Your life is very pitifully short, and usually harsh and unpleasant.
3) You cannot trust anyone hardly even yourself.

So, as a result of theses undeniable FACTS, we are forced into an inevitable conclusion.

To attempt to enjoy this life and make the most out of it while we are here, and cherish the people around us and our freedoms that we can share in together.

This means we aren't allowed to believe in TV mass hysteria soap operas designed to control the ebb and flow of the national politic through deception, hysteria, and fear. They make it way too hard to enjoy life, because those people who run the programming on those channels don't care what garbage they put in your skull, and they don't care what it does to our society in general. Those propaganda lies are a malfeasance upon our society weakening us all. It's the ROT of this world! Rots the mind, rots the body, rots the nation, and rots each and everyone of our souls.

I'm not saying stop watching all entertainment.
I am saying watch something that doesn't rot your brain into that of a willing slave!!!!
Or go read a book maybe? Yeah that's a good one.
Plant a garden? It is spring.
Play a video game, whatever.

Just stop believing in this utter garbage slave crap.
Please I want us all to be FREE and I won't ever give up!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The666Occult:

Freedom from, Freedom to...You cannot have both at the same time.

Surely, freedom from leads to freedom to?

...cry out for the police when real violence and real brutality are staring them in the face.

Damn right they will, and should receive such assistance. However, I should not think the person requiring police aid would expect the whole city to be locked down for them. Don't get me wrong, you make valid points, but you need to expand on them more.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Just stop believing in this utter garbage slave crap.
Please I want us all to be FREE and I won't ever give up!

If you acknowledge the fact that the Government has given you rights which is hinted at by your fear of the Government taking them away, are you truly free?

You pay your taxes, don't you?

Freedom is a great big lie.

edit on 20-4-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
MuzzleFlash:

To attempt to enjoy this life and make the most out of it while we are here, and cherish the people around us and our freedoms that we can share in together.

With all due respect, you have set up a thread on an important topic, for it and you to be taken seriously, you need to remain on theme. Don't get distracted by other's point of view, or derail your own thread by trying to answer statements not directly related to original intent.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
The666Occult:

Freedom from, Freedom to...You cannot have both at the same time.

Surely, freedom from leads to freedom to?

...cry out for the police when real violence and real brutality are staring them in the face.

Damn right they will, and should receive such assistance. However, I should not think the person requiring police aid would expect the whole city to be locked down for them. Don't get me wrong, you make valid points, but you need to expand on them more.

I asked this earlier, but do you consider a forest fire an example of martial law because firefighters ask people to evacuate and not re-enter the area while they attempt to extinguish the flames? If not, how was what happened in Boston today different?

And is it common for martial law orders to end at 6 p.m. and let people do whatever they want thereafter?

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

So, freedom from and freedom to. You are abosolutely right that in some cases one does lead to the other. If I have the freedom from searches and siezures, I have freedom to keep things I don't want people to know about in my home, and so on. In some cases though, it's that proverbial you can't have your cake and eat it to.

While what happened in Boston was a little extreme from an outside perspective, you have to step back and look at it through the eyes of the individuals who are responsible for handling that situation. The suspect didn't care about shooting at police, obviously had no problems killing civilians, and was on the run through a dense urban area.

If they only sent a few hundred officers out and treated it like a search for a bank robber or something along those lines, they would have been acosted for not doing enough.

I was trying to make the point that the police are always scrutinized for everything, They do too much or not enough, we don't want to see them or deal with them and then we need them. You know what I'm saying?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join