It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston is a Farce to Take your Rights Away

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I agree with the OP. This is just a prelude to taking away firearms and establishing a one world government.

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Springer
I would like to point out that any mass of heavily armed militarized quasi-police should in theory, be able to catch terrorists, however I am personally not willing to sacrifice my right to liberty as a consequence of that.

This doesn't make sense at all.

link   
reply to post by buckrogerstime

Now you are twisting this into something it isn't about.

Where in the OP did I say "Officers asking to search houses = Martial Law"? I never claimed such a silly thing.

However what I did claim, was that the incredible level of militarization and fear mongering going on right now is highly coercive and creates an atmosphere of submission vs dominance. Not something healthy for society to promote outright in our policies.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Edit : Formatting issue
edit on 20-4-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Now you are twisting this into something it isn't about.

Where in the OP did I say "Officers asking to search houses = Martial Law"? I never claimed such a silly thing.

However what I did claim, was that the incredible level of militarization and fear mongering going on right now is highly coercive and creates an atmosphere of submission vs dominance. Not something healthy for society to promote outright in our policies.

The reaction in Boston is jubilant celebration that police apprehended a terrorist who bombed a major city event. Not "an atmosphere of submission vs dominance."

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by skorpius
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree, however, you would be alone. not enough People are hungry or scared enough to stand up yet.

You're wrong. As long as I am still breathing he won't be alone. We may never meet, and live states apart, but he will know he is not alone, and I'm pretty sure I'm not just speaking for myself here. Maybe there aren't enough people to stand up, but there are enough to be noticed. And if you have to be hungry enough, or scared enough to stand up, then that is just weaknes. Why can't being angry be enough? I'm mad as hell, who's with me?

Thank you gunshooter for taking a stand where it really counts, Freedom.

I do take solace in the knowledge that many of you here at ATS have opened your hearts, minds, and souls to what life on Earth is all about.

Although my topic may appear completely political in nature, that is a mere illusion. It is a spiritual and mental battle primarily.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
No they cannot control the media...

That is without question...

One of THE most incredulous things I have ever read on ATS.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Apply simple logic my friends.
See, historically the way to treat terrorists is to never give into their demands and never grant unreasonable publicity to them. This way there is no incentive to commit terrorism acts for political gain.

Sorry, but u r nutz.

Seriously though, look... Can u say a nut when u c one?

edit on 20-4-2013 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

If I am really nuts, explain how wrong I am in full detail and cover all bases.

You cannot, because there is no real intellectual argument against the thesis of this treatise. Only small things can be attacked, and they can attempt to lure or bottleneck me into traps, but it rarely pays off.

Also kind sir, I would appreciate it if you cared to apply proper diction and grammatical rules (at least loosely) when speaking to anyone. It would improve the quality of the post significantly.

Now, proceed to explain why my entire political theory is incorrect or faulty, without relying on specific events or abstract straw men arguments.

I would be so impressed and enthusiastic if you could achieve 1 % of this.

SMR

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think you are paranoid and to me, you seem dangerous. You are someone who will put yourself and others in danger for your thinking.

I would like to point out that any mass of heavily armed militarized quasi-police should in theory, be able to catch terrorists, however I am personally not willing to sacrifice my right to liberty as a consequence of that.

Well then. Next time take you and your family outside, lay down a blanket and picnic while some nut case throws bombs in your neighborhood. It'll be like they did during the Civil War !

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by cavscout11cav

Originally posted by cavscout11cav
No they cannot control the media...

That is without question...

One of THE most incredulous things I have ever read on ATS.

Whoa I missed that comment.
Good find Murg.

I agree, it is beyond absurd to claim such a ludicrous thing.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Just a thought, The brothers did the bombings for whatever reason, now the gov sees this and says lets take advantage of this tragedy and see how the sheep act on a small scale, if this works to our satisfaction we will take it to the state level, and so on. That what it seem like to me. Watching the mobs in the street chanting and whooping it up just seems creepy to me.
edit on 20-4-2013 by thesaneone because: to add

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

It would be a trade off I feel is far too costly and doesn't produce the types of rewards that it should for it's unbelievable high cost.

I think "executive decisions" are the biggest threat that a President can enact.

I worry more about this, then anything else actually.

MHO

For the POTS, that seems reasonable Sonny. I won't challenge such a well placed claim.

However I do have doubts that the POTS is the end all be all of what happens in the USA. Maybe the part about no matter who we elect, the same foreign policy remains? Or maybe it's how the lobbyists with the most cash usually get their way? Or maybe it's all of those closed door secret meetings in groups most people never heard of where they discuss who knows what?

As a result of these provocative questions, I lean towards the presumption that the POTS is little more than a figure head, a public relations rep, if you will.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Hey Thorfour! I miss you man!

I apologize for missing your post earlier, I have been going back through the pages looking for stuff I missed.

How awesome of you to decide to chime in!
And welcome to this most glorious battle.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Agree 100 %

The Boston bombings are a Tragedy , No one Deserves this , not anyone from the US to Pakistan.

But a full city on lockdown , "demanding" people to stay indoors because they could be IDed as boston bombers and would be fired upon.

The massive violation of private property and the absence of search warrants...i just could not believe it .

Freedom and Personal rights where tossed in the bin in a second , and Watertown became the Scene of a bad movie , with armed personal doing house to house searches , much like a insurgent cleansing operation you see in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I agree we have to fight Terrorisme with every fiber in our body , but when the city's turn into Marshall law Ghosttowns we gotta ask ourself the question : didnt we already lose the war for Freedom ?

TheGreazel.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unferth
I agree with the OP. This is just a prelude to taking away firearms and establishing a one world government.

Thanks for wading in Unferth, I am very happy to see you show up too.

I hope I didn't scare you with that Nazi Ufo information the other day.
I admit it's some very intense stuff to wrap one's head around, but it doesn't really matter in the end.

What matters to me right now, is that you were not mad at me for pressing the issue, and you were willing to come speak up here in everyone's favor despite our earlier altercation.

That makes you rock!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreazel
Agree 100 %

The Boston bombings are a Tragedy , No one Deserves this , not anyone from the US to Pakistan.

But a full city on lockdown , "demanding" people to stay indoors because they could be IDed as boston bombers and would be fired upon.

The massive violation of private property and the absence of search warrants...i just could not believe it .

Freedom and Personal rights where tossed in the bin in a second , and Watertown became the Scene of a bad movie , with armed personal doing house to house searches , much like a insurgent cleansing operation you see in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I agree we have to fight Terrorisme with every fiber in our body , but when the city's turn into Marshall law Ghosttowns we gotta ask ourself the question : didnt we already lose the war for Freedom ?

TheGreazel.

Exactly.

What are they fighting for??
It's certainly not freedom!

And if this is a War on Terror, we are losing big time!
This is only the beginning I am afraid because now we are granting terrorists incentive to attack us by promoting their attacks on TV with hype and sensationalism.

So even if this were all fake (which it doesn't matter if it is fake or not in the long run), the next one probably won't be fake.
Not when we are giving terrorists free tickets to eternal fame. Sheesh!

And by the way, thanks for the good post Greaz!

SMR

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

You have any idea what went on or what your talking about ?
There was no DEMANDING of anything. Period!
They asked people to stay indoors (many did not and whipped out cell phones to take images and video) and closed business for safety reasons. There was, after all, a terrorist running around possibly with more bombs to throw at people as they had done the entire time.
They knocked on doors and asked home owners if they could search and as far as I can tell from reading, not one person screamed 'my rights are being violated' or 'no you cant' as they knew the severity of the situation.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Acanthus

Originally posted by Acanthus
Are we being governed by psychopaths?

Any more questions?

Pathocracy: rule by snakes in suits AKA psychopaths.

Political Psychopaths are "chameleons" who can take on whatever disguise they need to, in order to manipulate an entire crowd.

Psychopaths are chameleons -- able to shape-shift depending on their environment, making them, "near-perfect invisible human predators." They are "masters of impression management," and gifted interviewees. They can build elaborate fictitious personas, and spin narratives that make them seem initially affable and quite sane.

www.macleans.ca...

"Civilization, as we know it, is largely the creation of psychopaths. All civilizations, our own included, have been based on slavery and “warfare.” Incidentally, the latter term is a euphemism for mass murder.

Psychopaths have played a disproportionate role in the development of civilization, because they are hard-wired to lie, kill, cheat, steal, torture, manipulate, and generally inflict great suffering on other humans without feeling any remorse, in order to establish their own sense of security through domination."

"During the past fifty years, psychopaths have gained almost absolute control of all the branches of government. You can notice this if you observe carefully that no matter what illegal thing a modern politician does, no one will really take him to task. All of the so called scandals that have come up, any one of which would have taken down an authentic administration, are just farces played out for the public, to distract them, to make them think that the democracy is still working."

"When you understand the true nature of psychopathic influence, that it is conscienceless, emotionless, selfish, cold and calculating, and devoid of any moral or ethical standards, you are horrified, but at the same time everything suddenly begins to makes sense."

www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I think you are paranoid and to me, you seem dangerous. You are someone who will put yourself and others in danger for your thinking.

Well then. Next time take you and your family outside, lay down a blanket and picnic while some nut case throws bombs in your neighborhood. It'll be like they did during the Civil War !

Lame to the max bro.

I am a Pacifist and am 100% against all forms of terrorism, war, murder, rape, beatings, etc.
I only support self defense and even that has limitations.

I am going to tell you once about his though SMR, you will stop this behavior right now it is not acceptable to go around trying to paint ATS posters you disagree with as potential terrorists. It's pathetic and extremely shameful, especially when you know it's a 100% lie.

I won't be putting up with that kind of nonsense in here, hell no.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
not one person screamed 'my rights are being violated' or 'no you cant' as they knew the severity of the situation.

You have video evidence of every person in Boston for the whole day? Whoa! How did you get that kind of evidence? Seems impossible to me, like how could every person have a camera and film their whole day and give you copies and somehow you reviewed them in entirety in time to make that post?

People all over are screaming "My Rights are being Violated", and all over the internet there are claims of people living in or next to Boston saying similar things, talking about police state military, etc.

Google it, put the keywords in. Actually go dig around a little.

Oh wait, you don't care about facts do you. You are here just to claim the opposite of what you think I am claiming, but you don't even understand my claim so you struggle to argue versus it.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join