It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland-Area Woman Finds Ghostly Couple in Cellphone Photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Didn't see this in search. According to the article, a woman took a picture of her nephew and captured what appears to be 2 ghostly beings. She doesn't sound savvy enough to have hoaxed it, but her daughter may have been able. Interesting either way. I would have never expected ghosts to wear leisure suits!
Hope y'all enjoy.

A Cleveland-area woman who found a couple of ghostly figures in a photo taken with her cell phone said she's not freaked out about it. "To me, it was awesome," said Marcella Davis. "It's not scary to me." David took the photo about 4 p.m. April 15 at Cleveland High School, where she was trying to get a shot of her nephew, who attends the school. "He spun around so I couldn't take his picture, so I got the back of his head," she said. "I didn't try to take no more because he didn't let me." Davis, the mother of two teenagers, said she doesn't understand much about the smart phone she used to take the photos, so that evening, her daughter was showing her how she could zoom in and out. As her daughter zoomed in on the photo of her nephew, she could see more detail. "She goes, 'Mom, look at this.' I was like, 'What?' and she showed me the picture of the ghost," Davis said. "You could see straight through it." A man in a light-colored suit with bell-bottom pants and a dark shirt is standing near the chain-link fence, and a woman, who is less distinct, can be seen behind him.

Source

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gu1tarJohn

Looks fake to me. No expert, just my lame opinion. Interesting none the less, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Looks fake to me. No expert, just my lame opinion. Interesting none the less, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I'm on the fence with it. We'll see what others think. Fun to speculate though.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hay even in the afterlife you want to look good! He was headed to Leisure Suit Lunch Hour at the local bar!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Canon't be fake. Nobody would be caught dead in a leisure suit.........Oh wait.........

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You can tell its fake because the V neck line is not 'ghosted' while the rest of the body is. This inconsistency proves the image has been manipulated. Next!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Leisure suit jackets were shorter. This just looks like a wrinkled suit jacket. Why is he in black and white? Dont they have color in the after life? Its always "The Woman in White" or "The Man in Black" Why not the girl in purple or the boy in lime green. No imagination, those dead people.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just Google images for early seventies leisure suits.

You’ll see a lot more horrifying images than this.

Thank God I’ve always been a jeans and T-shirt guy. They never seem to go outta style.

Then again, maybe it’s Danny Green, aka; The Irishman.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gu1tarJohn

I probably don't care if it's fake or not. I just like that the dude looks like one of those guys in that Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video. Like he's totally ready for whatever is going down.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Reading that story -- the clueless mom who doesn't know how to use a smart phone, and the daughter who was showing her how to... it just screams "your kids tricked you." Haha! I'd be willing to bet that her daughter inserted that picture so it could be "discovered" when she was "helping" her mom learn how to zoom into pictures. I'm not sure how those ghost apps work (OK, now I'm the clueless mom) but maybe she installed a ghost app without her mom knowing it.

Just my gut instinct after reading the story that went with the picture. I feel kinda bad for the mom. I'm sure someday when my kids are teenagers, they'll have plenty of opportunity to make me look like a fool. Hopefully, when that day comes, it won't make the papers.

Thanks for sharing, though. I always like the chance to see alleged ghost pics.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Looks fake but then again I think every ghost picture I see looks fake and what is a real one supposed to look like...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Well at least this time the "ghost" isn´t just a blob of something that needs a bit of imagination. Here we clearly have a human figure, so I personally see two options:

1: Fake

2: Camera malfunction.

The whole idea that regular cameras can somehow see something that we don´t is in itself not really convincing to me.

Of course there is a teeny, tiny chance that this actually is a ghost. But I am not really betting on that one.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Where's the ghost lady meant to be in the photo? She's meant to be behind the ghost man but harder to see. I cant see her.. Where?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is is such a painfully obvious fake. It's fakes like these that give the paranormal field a bad name. I guess people don't have anything better to do.
The figures look like cartoon characters. No legit paranormal photo I've seen has that amount of color on the subjects. They also just look out of place.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I probably don't care if it's fake or not. I just like that the dude looks like one of those guys in that Beastie Boys "Sabotage" video. Like he's totally ready for whatever is going down.

I effin' love that vid/song!!
Now it's stuck in my head, but that's ok. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Well at least this time the "ghost" isn´t just a blob of something that needs a bit of imagination. Here we clearly have a human figure, so I personally see two options:

The whole idea that regular cameras can somehow see something that we don´t is in itself not really convincing to me.

Of course there is a teeny, tiny chance that this actually is a ghost. But I am not really betting on that one.

I know film cameras can capture things our eyes can't, but digital cameras can as well. To show you what I mean: Take your smartphone and launch your camera app so you can see what the camera sees. Take a working remote control, point it at your phone's camera, and press buttons. You will see the remote's IR LED(s) light up on the screen, even though your eyes can't see IR light. No joke. Try it, it's kind of cool.

I'm NOT saying that means the pic is legit, just pointing out that digital cameras can pick up things our eyes cannot as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Man! That's so faking fake it's not faking funny! It's so fake, it made Bugs Bunny get cancer. It's so fake, Westeros and the Free Cities are real in comparison. It's so faking fake, it's FAKE.

And that about does it for what is usually said about any ghost photo posted here. Not that it's a bad thing, most are fakes. However, sometimes I would like to see more people think outside the realm of possibility. How many ghost photos have been classified as fake because people who don't/don't want to believe call it a fake And put up an argument, that sometimes really does have merit but not always, until everyone else falls in line?

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

I know film cameras can capture things our eyes can't, but digital cameras can as well. To show you what I mean: Take your smartphone and launch your camera app so you can see what the camera sees. Take a working remote control, point it at your phone's camera, and press buttons. You will see the remote's IR LED(s) light up on the screen, even though your eyes can't see IR light. No joke. Try it, it's kind of cool.

I'm NOT saying that means the pic is legit, just pointing out that digital cameras can pick up things our eyes cannot as well.

Wow - I tried that. I looked at my remote with my smart phone, pressed buttons and -- ta da! Yes, I could see a light through my camera that I could not see in real life. WEIRD! Thanks for sharing that exercise, I never would have thought to try something like that and I'll admit I was skeptical that it would work until I saw it myself. Very cool.
My camera, even my smart phone camera, can clearly "see" things that my eyes cannot.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It looks fake to me but i never outright dismiss something even if it looks fake.it could be real but i think whoever saw it saw that there was a huge space to the right of the picture & put in a faded couple.
i'm leaning towards fake but i'm open minded for it to be real

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think that this is not real. It looks Photoshopped to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join