It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Liberals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I am more stunned by the fact that people still support Bush for absolutely no valid reason what-so-ever. Unless you are one of the better off that benefit financially from his administrations reckless policies, you have no reason to support Bush other than pure ignorance...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by friday2112
I'd say I'm more afraid of bush and his lunatic religious beliefs. I think he will eventually push this country into the next American revolution.

And Iwill be glad to be part of it. The overthrow of the religious right.

with all due respect sir,exactly how do you propose to start the next revolution.you are the people that hate guns
the vast bulk of the active duty and veterans went for bush.after all conservatives arnt exactly helpless unborn children,we will be much harder to kill

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
unfortunatly Bush won, however I dont think we need to be afraid of him, we need to come together as Americans and support our president. Yes, his first term policies were questionable, but this is a new term. Bush still has a responsibility to the republican party, therefore he has a lot to lose. If he really screws up this term, that would put the Republican party in jeopardy in 2008 election. This country has been divided for too long, lets unite.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I felt really upset reading this thread. If I felt any dread of the future it comes from this thread and not because George Bush got re elected.

White house, Senate, House....majority elected Republicans. Doesn't this give you a clue as to what the people of the United States want?

Oh I know....republican citizens are not able to think for themselves. Only democrats can do that. I came to ATS trying to honestly listen to the democrats to see if there was anything credible they could tell me. I heard very little except hate and prejudice against George Bush. And hate and prejudice against people who believe in God and the sacredness of life.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I am more stunned by the fact that people still support Bush for absolutely no valid reason what-so-ever.

Oh! But how can you say that when a large percentage of Bush voters chose him because of his upstanding moral values...such as banning gay marriage and being pro-life...

::end sarcasm::

I hope everyone who voted for Bush gets drafted

Have a nice day

[edit on 11/3/2004 by Lecky]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Unite for what? Do you think our "elected" officials think of uniting the people in any other activity than paying taxes and working? Where does this blind and mindless faith in our leaders come from?

You know, it is/was a great country, but it suffers from the same flaws every other country suffers from. It's ran by humans, and if past history of any form of government throughout recorded time, throughout the world isn't enough proof that those in power are the ones least suited to be in power, then we are just going to keep going in the same circles of corruptiong and lies, and eventually, America will fade away like all other democracies have...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
I felt really upset reading this thread. If I felt any dread of the future it comes from this thread and not because George Bush got re elected.

White house, Senate, House....majority elected Republicans. Doesn't this give you a clue as to what the people of the United States want?

No it does not show that. Looking at the numbers:

Bush
(Incumbent)
59,054,087 51% 274
Kerry
55,462,760 48% 252

Pretty damn close in my eyes. So no, this does not show you what the United States wants. To be jaded to the fact that this country is going backwards instead of forwards, is your choice. I'm still trying to figure out what G.W. has actually done for this country that is positive.

Numbers posted may vary depending on source, but my point is still made.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'd say I'm more afraid of bush and his lunatic religious beliefs. I think he will eventually push this country into the next American revolution.

IF he does what I am afraid he will do, he'll make Christianity the laughing stock in America!! Think about it....God says things should be run this certain way....well....no matter how hard they try, they cannot set up a system that is genuinely fair and just....I don't believe it's possible. They can only structure it so for the most part, it works for the majority of the people. YA...they've outlawed abortion, no more women can kill their babies....and, ya, now the women back at home, tending to their kids....only then the women gets pregnant, the father doesn't want the responsibility of it, and well, refuses accept any responsibility for it, except, of course, well, he knows this guy who can get rid of it for a price...and he has the money for it.....so, in effect, the women who was once feared for chosing abortion, now has it forced on them....and this did happen in the 50's and 60's. Well, now, we just blame our government leaders....but when the dictates are in the name of "GOD", it will be "GOD" who is blamed when things don't work out. I see a future where America is mainly athiest!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I tell you I agree with the relization that he does not have anything to lose in the next 4 years, he can do anything he wants and he can screw the nation just ot pay back the ones that help him stay in power, and I am not talking about the Americans that gave him the vote but the big daddy behind him. Corporate America.

Big daddy is going to get a big pay back in the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

IF he does what I am afraid he will do, he'll make Christianity the laughing stock in America!! Think about it....God says things should be run this certain way....well....no matter how hard they try, they cannot set up a system that is genuinely fair and just....I don't believe it's possible. They can only structure it so for the most part, it works for the majority of the people. YA...they've outlawed abortion, no more women can kill their babies....and, ya, now the women back at home, tending to their kids....only then the women gets pregnant, the father doesn't want the responsibility of it, and well, refuses accept any responsibility for it, except, of course, well, he knows this guy who can get rid of it for a price...and he has the money for it.....so, in effect, the women who was once feared for chosing abortion, now has it forced on them....and this did happen in the 50's and 60's. Well, now, we just blame our government leaders....but when the dictates are in the name of "GOD", it will be "GOD" who is blamed when things don't work out. I see a future where America is mainly athiest!

If thousands of years of mindless killing and opression won't make Christianity a laughing stock, then it doesn't need to fear Bush. Besides, how is Christianity a good thing? Religion and Bush are kind of the same. They both cause a lot of damage and problems, but are never held accountable...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The West is getting to liberal right now. It is the US duty to counterbalance that crap

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

Bush
(Incumbent)
59,054,087 51% 274
Kerry
55,462,760 48% 252

Note that 55,462,760 people who voted against Bush, don't just disagree with his national policy...they are OUTRAGED by the things he has done to our country as well as other countries in our name.

I hope to God some type of impeachment trial is ordered on our current commander-in-chief for leading us into an uneccessary war...

Hell, the GOP spent MILLIONS on the Clinton impeachment act...b/c they were so "disturbed" over Clinton's sexual transgressions...give me a f'ing break!

There's something deeply wrong with this country...it's disturbing.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
America, the land of oportunity has become a land of fraud.

I wonder how Bush and his goons can sleep at night. Oh, yea, i forgot- the drugs, booze .

I almost think its suspect that Kerry bowed out soon like that- Am I the only one thinking that they may have had Kerry run with Bush, and Kerry knew he was supposed to concede to Bush in the end?
Skull & Bones, you know.
Does anyone here think this is suspect? Kerry, with his thousands of lawyers in play, seems to me conceded too soon.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Does anyone here think this is suspect? Kerry, with his thousands of lawyers in play, seems to me conceded too soon.

You know that is a good point I think he gave up to fast, but then again they are both corporate too, so who knows.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by godsmack

with all due respect sir,exactly how do you propose to start the next revolution.you are the people that hate guns
the vast bulk of the active duty and veterans went for bush.after all conservatives arnt exactly helpless unborn children,we will be much harder to kill

Well to start off with I like guns! And I am well coursed in using one. And I would have no problem using one against the lunatic far right.
And I am a veteran who did not vote for bush, also I;m not a democrat or total liberal so I have no problem with using a gun!
So does that answer your question.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecky

Originally posted by bobafett1972

Bush
(Incumbent)
59,054,087 51% 274
Kerry
55,462,760 48% 252

Note that 55,462,760 people who voted against Bush, don't just disagree with his national policy...they are OUTRAGED by the things he has done to our country as well as other countries in our name.

I hope to God some type of impeachment trial is ordered on our current commander-in-chief for leading us into an uneccessary war...

Hell, the GOP spent MILLIONS on the Clinton impeachment act...b/c they were so "disturbed" over Clinton's sexual transgressions...give me a f'ing break!

There's something deeply wrong with this country...it's disturbing.

I think if you look into it you will see clinton was impeached due to lying under oath during grand jury testimony,not for leaving a bad taste in Monicas mouth.Not a good trait in the chief law enforcement officer of the land.And before it is said,Bush didnt lie about the WMD in iraq,the whole world thought it was there.Even the cheese eating surrender monkies offered to send over a chemical warfare unit on the eve of the war if sadam used the chemical weapons we all thought he had.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Well to start off with I like guns! And I am well coursed in using one. And I would have no problem using one against the lunatic far right.
And I am a veteran who did not vote for bush, also I;m not a democrat or total liberal so I have no problem with using a gun!
So does that answer your question.

so you are a former REMF with an elmer fudd shotygun aye?I await when you and the other dozen liberals with guns overthrough our govt

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Don't paint us all with the same brush, I love guns and have many, sir.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
friday as a fellow gunnut thought you might appriciate some pics of my humble collection.If we cant agree on politics,maybe we might have something in common.Post any if you have them

Mod Edit: Shrunkified Pics

[edit on 3-11-2004 by dbates]

edit to remove pics so as not to waste bandwidth

[edit on 3-11-2004 by godsmack]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Don't paint us all with the same brush, I love guns and have many, sir.

not at all,its just when someone hints at overthrowing my govt by force of arms,albiet in a joking manner I tend to overeact a little.I like our form of govt were everyone has there say every four years,then we live with the results.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join