It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question For Liberals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I know this is a very short post but I have to ask you something.

What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

[edit on 6-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Stop that! Halloween is over, you're going to scare the small children!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
That does scare the crap out of me, I've never really thought about that until now. Bush can probably get away with pretty much anything he wants now.

The congress is a republican majority now, and as always, the democrats have no back bone, and they couldn't impeach Bush if they tried.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
"Afraid" is not the word I would use to describe how I feel today, I'm disgusted.

I'd go as far and say that if the blue states were to secede from the nation...I would be moving up north. I can't stand this backwards country anymore...the sad thing is, there are millions of people who feel the same.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Stop that!

Halloween is over, you're going to scare the small children!

Sorry boss!

Really I do not mean to scare anyone but ... Think about it... You thought Bush was whatever you will... before when he had re-election to think about... Now we have Bush with nothing really to risk or lose.

So my question in the original post stands .,... for anyone who dares to answer.

Really forgetting about who won for a moment it was an amazing election! only time will tell if the right choise for America was made.

Gazz

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Definitely the later... the PNAC plan will proceed.

More war and fatter wallets for defense contractors not to mention bankruptcy, and the anti-science religiosity of the reconstructionist.

As far as I'm concerned the 30% of the electorate who managed to put Bush back into office just flipped the entire world the bird.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Lets see... Bush was willing to crap on the working class, sell out to big business, lie to wage war, and use the constitution as toilet paper when he had to be nice to get re-elected. If he is willing to be a borderline traitor and war criminal when he had everything to lose I can only imagine the crimes his administration will commit when they have nothing to lose. It was a very bad day for American and the working man. Say goodbye to your jobs and your freedom.

You want to hear something very horrifying? If Bush and his people don't pull off some kind of miracle to solve the problem in Iraq and fix our economy and the severe bleeding of jobs then they will give America the green light to vote in Hillary Clinton. That should scare everyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy

You want to hear something very horrifying? If Bush and his people don't pull off some kind of miracle to solve the problem in Iraq and fix our economy and the severe bleeding of jobs then they will give America the green light to vote in Hillary Clinton. That should scare everyone.

Ok now I am afraid.

Interesting thought Indy... I think there is a better chance for Hillary than many would be willing to accept at this time.

The next four years will be a hell of a ride for the american people.. That is my own personal fear.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think my wife wants to move to Canada. Seriously, she can't stand Bush. Me, I think I want a front row seat for this. Just like standing in line for the first ride on the SuperDooperLooper!!!

On a more serious note: I think we are in trouble. I am just wonder how much more of a push is needed to wake my fellow citizens up? Hopefully it is still not to late.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

I needed that laugh.

I'm less afraid and more sad. Not about anything Bush might do, because even if it takes 40 years we'll fix it.

I'm just sad about the election. How it was run. How it went down.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

Originally posted by Indy

Ok now I am afraid.

Interesting thought Indy... I think there is a better chance for Hillary than many would be willing to accept at this time.

The next four years will be a hell of a ride for the american people.. That is my own personal fear.
]

HELL OF A RIDE FOR THE PLANET

I also think about the lasting effects of another 4 years of Bush. Not only more war, not only more people going into poverty. I think about 4 more years of Bush environmental policies. I think about the animals that we will never see again due to this mans policies.

So many animals are facing extinction due to global warming.

Its a sad day for mankind

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ask Sam Adams that. If he were alive today what do you think he would say?? He was after all a LIBERAL.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by GrndLkNatv]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd say I'm more afraid of bush and his lunatic religious beliefs. I think he will eventually push this country into the next American revolution.

And Iwill be glad to be part of it. The overthrow of the religious right.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
How much of the senate does it take to approve of the judges Bush appoints?
Remember our constitution:

Article V

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose amendments to this Constitution, or, on the application of the legislatures of two thirds of the several states, shall call a convention for proposing amendments, which, in either case, shall be valid to all intents and purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the legislatures of three fourths of the several states, or by conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other mode of ratification may be proposed by the Congress; provided that no amendment which may be made prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any manner affect the first and fourth clauses in the ninth section of the first article; and that no state, without its consent, shall be deprived of its equal suffrage in the Senate.

The republicans DO NOT have 2/3, though they have the majority. If Bush REALLY wants to push a constitutional ban on gay marriage, he needs to be nice to the democrats...and not piss off the people, who may well vote more democrats in during the next election, in what, 2 years?

My whole point being that he needs to be in more control to get his agenda pushed. Basically, a don't worry so much. He DOES have restraints.

[edit on 3-11-2004 by jlc163]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Although I am not liberal, I think we all have a serious job to do.

I think all the bogus talk of being "United" is garbage, and anyone who spouts it is only trying to move on with their lives and lay to rest their political passions for four years (unless you are a candidate, and you are trying to stay riots).

I say this is the time to get the loudest. Threaten people's security bubble. This does not prescibe violence or physical confrontation.

Telling people that Bush is a terrible leader who will muck things up is key.

READ

LEARN

Take this time to engage in groups in your community to prepare. Deny the President your support.

We should Unite as Americans? That's rediculous considering we have nothing to rally behind.

The Constitution?

It does not really apply under all the judicial rulings.

The Government?

They may speak FOR us, but they do NOT represent us. George Bush Represents 25% of the American population.

The Flag?

What for? They have taken the pride of America away. We are NOT accomplishing nobel goals.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
At the same time, we do need to be careful to not create another Vietnam out of the mess we already have....too much anarchy will do that.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They have the house, the senate and the presidency....the US will become a nation where we will whisper what we feel and/or think, because Bush will bring in the Patriot Act 2....if you say anything about him, you'll pay for it...our freedoms are going to be lost all because the Church people honestly in their heart believe that Bush is a good Christian person
(good people always lie and kill ya know)....what have they done!? It's on their hands....

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
My personal take is that most people who voted for Bush opted for security thinking that Bush was the better man for the job, I know I will take heat for this but I really believe that the last moment tape from Osama Bin Laden sent a multitude running to Bush.

Deep down, though few will admit it people are afraid of Osama Bin Laden... and him saying that it was wrong to vote for Bush actually caused more to do just that.

But what will they say now when we are attacked?

What will Bush do in retaliation?

Lets hope that day never comes.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
wHAT CAN one say that hasnt already been expressed here. This is a sad day, its a day of disapointment in our fellow Americans.

Im terrified of Bush's presidency again and terrified of the events that will take place soon.
He has nothing to lose, and the next 4 years (maybe indefinately) will be the darkest in our lives.
I sat at work today, and the "born again" next to me was all happy while she sucked the salt off her pretzel, she was giddy and happy.
She voted Bush.
I couldnt help myself. she sat there reading her religious material, and I went ballistic. I said i couldnt understand how the bible thumpers could do this to this country. She smiled. she said with a smile that her church said Bush would be the one to vote for. I asked her why. She said cause he's a good man. There you have it.
"He's a good man" Outside of this, there was nothing else she could say to defend him.
If this isnt pathetic.
How sad. This is a lady who's husband's job is being outsourced to India and she's about to lose her house.
Should I feel sorry for her?
I cant. Not now.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I'm scared of...

1) I'm scared of the end of the world.

2) I'm scared of a man who thinks he has some divine obligation to fight war.

3) I'm scared of a man that leads the most powerful country yet is hardly literate.

4) I'm scared of a man that has no qualifications for a job aside from his lineage.

5) I'm scared of a man that declares war yet has not fought a single war himself.

6) I'm scared of a man whom rushed to war despite UN recommendations. This is a clear revelation of this man's position on world peace.

7) I'm scared of a man that does not have a clear goal on what he wants to accomplish in a war.

8) I'm scared of a man that thinks war is the only route to go.

9) I'm scared of a man that does not know when to withdraw from a country especially after declaring victory.

10) I'm scared of Bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join