learn more

Question For Liberals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
They have the house, the senate and the presidency....the US will become a nation where we will whisper what we feel and/or think, because Bush will bring in the Patriot Act 2....if you say anything about him, you'll pay for it...our freedoms are going to be lost all because the Church people honestly in their heart believe that Bush is a good Christian person
(good people always lie and kill ya know)....what have they done!? It's on their hands....
It was the same way with Saddam, Fidel Castro, and any dictator out there worth his salt.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

The 59,054,087 voters who voted for President Bush were determined not to let you run away with our country.
So what about Kerry? You say that no one voted "for" him only against President Bush with OUTRAGE?

2000 election: Gore 48.4%
Bush 47.8%
1996 election: Clinton 49.24%
Dole 40.71%
1992 election: Clinton 43.3%
Bush 37.7%

George W. Bush has 51% of popular vote at last count. First winner to go over 50% since 1988.

I guess you failed to see my point. With about a 2% lead in popular vote, I fail to see how this equates to What the U.S. wants?
To me it shows what a lot of us did not/do not want.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

I guess you failed to see my point. With about a 2% lead in popular vote, I fail to see how this equates to What the U.S. wants?

Oh happy day!

United we stand divided we fall... Can we as a nation be more divided than we are today?

Today we have a republican President with no chance at re-election.. A republican majority in congress.

And half of america now has no voice.

So be afraid.. Be very afraid.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Cheney said in his acceptance speech (or what ever it's called) that this election win was by the greatest amount of any president in history (Or something to that extent). Anyone know if that is really true?

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   

The 59,054,087 voters who voted for President Bush were determined not to let you run away with our country.
So what about Kerry? You say that no one voted "for" him only against President Bush with OUTRAGE?

2000 election: Gore 48.4%
Bush 47.8%
1996 election: Clinton 49.24%
Dole 40.71%
1992 election: Clinton 43.3%
Bush 37.7%

George W. Bush has 51% of popular vote at last count. First winner to go over 50% since 1988.

3 1/2 million more people WANT than those who do not want.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
What you all don't get is that we all already know exactly what bush is going to do this term. The fact that we know what hes going to do is why he was elected. He is going to make his tax cuts permanent, Lower taxes some more, Partially privatise social security, concentrate on his moon to mars initiative, try to roe v wade overturned and try to define marrage as between a man and a woman. The reason he was elected is because unlike other polticians he tells you what hes gonna do and then he does it. You want to know what he's gonna do? Ask him he'll tell you.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Coming from the great state of New Jersey. I can proudly say that we were not duped. We know what the deal is. The deal is that this country is on the path towards becoming a fascist, right-winged, neo-conservative # box. If I want religion in my politics I'll move to Iran. If I want the gov't introding in my everyday life I would move to China. Its amazing that Bush mistakenly invaded Iraq, grossly missplanned the the whole war, dropped the ball on 9/11 (c'mon, he can take some of the blame - "Bin Laden set to attack US"???), has curtailed civil rights, has touted No Child Left Behind but has not funded it (and who most educators beleive is a horrible policy, including my well qualified, state certified teacher wife), was totally out of his league in the first debate, has gutted every environmental policy in this country, has allowed big business to write policy to in this country,.........AND PEOPLE VOTED HIM IN BECAUSE OF THE MORAL/VALUES ISSUE???????? SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I think my wife wants to move to Canada. Seriously, she can't stand Bush. Me, I think I want a front row seat for this. Just like standing in line for the first ride on the SuperDooperLooper!!!

On a more serious note: I think we are in trouble. I am just wonder how much more of a push is needed to wake my fellow citizens up? Hopefully it is still not to late.

Is it just me or do you also feel ill ...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Coming from the great state of New Jersey. I can proudly say that we were not duped. We know what the deal is. The deal is that this country is on the path towards becoming a fascist, right-winged, neo-conservative box. If I want religion in my politics I'll move to Iran. If I want the gov't introding in my everyday life I would move to China. Its amazing that Bush mistakenly invaded Iraq, grossly missplanned the the whole war, dropped the ball on 9/11 (c'mon, he can take some of the blame - "Bin Laden set to attack US"???), has curtailed civil rights, has touted No Child Left Behind but has not funded it (and who most educators beleive is a horrible policy, including my well qualified, state certified teacher wife), was totally out of his league in the first debate, has gutted every environmental policy in this country, has allowed big business to write policy to in this country,.........AND PEOPLE VOTED HIM IN BECAUSE OF THE MORAL/VALUES ISSUE???????? SOMEONE PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't want religion in your politics then you are living in the wrong country. The country was FOUNDED by religious men and women and it was always INTENDED for this country to have God guiding our leaders. Read their writings, heck read the CONSTITUTION, God is mentioned everywhere.

Our founders would be appalled at the current concept of separation of church and state. The bill of rights simply states that the government cannot establish an official church. Thats it. Nothing was ever written or intended by the founding fathers to separate the two elements.

A lot of us believe that a godless government is one of the most dangerous thing that can exist. That type of government dehumanizes life and fails to properly understand its role in Gods plan.

Its very funny to watch you liberals run around like Chicken Little. The sky will not fall, Bush has the right idea in the War on Terrorism (The Arab culture respects force and despises weaknesshe understands this), Iran may suffer an attack (rightfully so, they are a nasty regime bent on acquiring and USING nuclear weapons) but they have better common sense than to start a large war with Israel so they will rattle their sabers and scream holy murder but in the end they will not get nuclear weapons.

When the DNC embraces the moral center and acknowledges our countrys close relationship with God (I did not say church, which is different) then they might have a chance at taking back some power.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I must respectfully disagree that our Founders based this country on a belief in God (at least the Bush Fundamentalist Evangelical version of God). Many were Deists, some agnostics, some more religious. I do not believe that the Founders envisioned a nation run by a particular religious system of beliefs.
Am I afraid? Yes, of course I am. Bush now has clear control, as a lame duck, to do whatever the heck he pleases. He'll appoint at least 4 new Supreme Court Justices (including Chief Justice). This will have major consequences.
He has been given a carte blanche to privatize social security, enhance the Patriot Act, and act militarily in other "terror" nations.
Yes, it will be a bumpy ride.
My Dear Dad, taught me many years ago, that the day after election day, we should all hope and pray that our worse fears about a winning opponent are untrue..for the good of the country . I'm finding Dad's advice very hard to follow today.
Yes, I guess I'm what most Bush followers would call liberal. Though I am not so easily categorized (I voted for Reagan in 1980). But, the definition of "liberal" has been broadened, in the last decades, to include anyone with moderate social views. In NYC or Boston, I would be considered somewhat conservative. In Texas, my home until 6 years ago, I perceived as a left wing liberal whacko. That doesn't bother me. I'm a big girl and can defend myself (actually,I'm a tiny woman with a loud mouth).
I really fear the Bush foreign policy as much as the domestic policy. War, war, war, war and more war.
So, yes, I'm a "liberal"(whatever that may mean to you) and,yes,I'm scared.
joey

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice

If you don't want religion in your politics then you are living in the wrong country. The country was FOUNDED by religious men and women and it was always INTENDED for this country to have God guiding our leaders. Read their writings, heck read the CONSTITUTION, God is mentioned everywhere.

Really? I think you mught have it confused with some other document.

1. The U.S. Constitution says that the United States was founded as a Christian nation, based on the sovereign authority of God

a.) in the First Amendment
b.) in Section VI
c.)in the Preamble
d.) nowhere

Answer - D - Our nation was founded as a secular government, based on the authority of "We, the People," not a god, king, or dictator.

2. How many times does the word "God" appear in the U.S. Constitution?

a.) 0
b.) 1
c.) 3
d.) 6

Answer - A - The U.S. Constitution is a godless document.

Our founders would be appalled at the current concept of separation of church and state. The bill of rights simply states that the government cannot establish an official church. Thats it. Nothing was ever written or intended by the founding fathers to separate the two elements.

How many times does the Declaration of Independence refer to Christianity or Jesus?

a.) 0
b.) 1
c.) 3
d.) 8

Answer - A - There is no mention of Jesus, Christ, Christianity, religious persecution, or religious freedom in the Declaration of Independence.

So again, which document is it you a speaking of, because I would love to read them.

www.ffrf.org...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy
Cheney said in his acceptance speech (or what ever it's called) that this election win was by the greatest amount of any president in history (Or something to that extent). Anyone know if that is really true? [/quote If he meant the "greatest fraud" in American History, he was correct.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I know this is a very short post but I have to ask you something.

What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

A little from column A; a little from column B. And a big steaming pile of Cheney.

Yeah I am just reiterating at this point I suppose.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
UM_Gazz might want to invest in one of these?

Scared to death, hiding behind sarcasm is always the best medicine. Unless you have a bottle of Wild Turkey to share?That will do the trick as well!

[edit on 11/4/2004 by bobafett1972]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

UM_Gazz might want to invest in one of these?

Nope; nothing less than the best protection will do.

[edit on 11/4/2004 by sandge]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
I know this is a very short post but I have to ask you something.

What are you more afraid of... The fact that George W. Bush won?.. Or the fact that he now has nothing to lose??

One final note from me; In all seriousness this is what I think I fear the most:

I know it's been going on well before G.W. Stole his..I mean won his elections, but it just seems to be happening a hell of a lot more with him around. IMO

P.S. Thanks UM_Gazz; Although not sure I was worthy of that.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
All Presidents are concerned with their legacy, most especially, second term Presidents. I honestly cannot imagine in my wildest dreams why anyone would fear the Presidency of GW Bush. Liberals have spent more than four years constructing a "straw man" that has frightened no one but themselves.

The real George Bush has scared the living hell out of our real enemies and I think those of you who are loyal Americans had better get a grip on reality or you're going to start sounding and looking like the enemy and that will not be an enviable position to be in.

[edit on 04/11/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
you're going to start sounding and looking like the enemy and that will not be an enviable position to be in.

Ahhh, it's Grady, back from his local Nazi rally, ready to impart his closed minded advice on those worthy enough to listen. Eagerly waiting and feverishly hoping to payback all those people who never served like he did.

Are the walls not long enough for us to be lined up against yet?

His noble sacrifice, not so noble. The burns on his body not as scarred as the scorch marks on his soul. Grady Philpot, who went to war a hero and came back a slab of meat. Unappreciated and largely forgotten by those who never cared, and never will. Following those who never served, and clinging to the American ideals that offered him up on a platter to the Viet Cong.

Poor Grady, a living, breathing testement to everything wrong with America. The scourge of moronic evil so tightly wound around the last dying bit of his black heart. So eager to turn on his fellow citizen, because in the end, that's that he has left. His THEM, his THEY, his invisible enemy.

Grady, I hate you. I hate you and everything you stand for. I despise your implications that democrats are traitors, that liberals are anti-american. I despise your claims that conservatives somehow love this country more than we do. And, I've decided that this the last time I'm going to read your little veiled threats against the rest of us. You have turned on your fellow citizen and you are the reason why our enemies will win. I often ask myself why we couldn't be so lucky as to have your name etched on a black marble wall somewhere in Washington?

But, I'm reminded that old age will kill you before any terrorist will.

And, I am grateful.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
you're going to start sounding and looking like the enemy and that will not be an enviable position to be in.

Ahhh, it's Grady, back from his local Nazi rally, ready to impart his closed minded advice on those worthy enough to listen. Eagerly waiting and feverishly hoping to payback all those people who never served like he did.

Grady, I hate you. I hate you and everything you stand for. I despise your implications that democrats are traitors, that liberals are anti-american. I despise your claims that conservatives somehow love this country more than we do. And, I've decided that this the last time I'm going to read your little veiled threats against the rest of us. You have turned on your fellow citizen and you are the reason why our enemies will win. I often ask myself why we couldn't be so lucky as to have your name etched on a black marble wall somewhere in Washington?

But, I'm reminded that old age will kill you before any terrorist will.

And, I am grateful.

Was this necessary? What happened civilized behavior?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Was this necessary? What happened civilized behavior?

It was most definitely worth the warning, and it completely made my day.
Was it necessary? I feel much better now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join