It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
wow
jakeacarpenter tweeted:

USGS registered Texas explosion as a 2.1 magnitude seismic event, USGS tells #CNN

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111 it did look like a fireball, almost like something was shot into it

yes. here's a 3-frame gif of the moment.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

I was thinking the same thing. The video doesnt show the perspective from the other side so I assume (ass/u/me) that the town is on the opposite side of where this guy is filming. Maybe this plant is on the outskirts of the town and he is on some back road.

The explosion was massive but I can see where you coming from.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ormuz
reply to post by hoochymama

maybe im missing something here ...

It's very tempting to play "spot the discrepancies" -- however, unless you're a trained bomb/explosives investigator and are actually on the scene to take measurements, you really won't be able to pick out the discrepancies.

I've worked with the Fire Department before (as data tech) and I know how complicated these investigations are and how appearances can be deceiving. The Investigators worked from direct evidence and from a lot of close-up photos to determine what was at fault and who caused what.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by goou111 it did look like a fireball, almost like something was shot into it

yes. here's a 3-frame gif of the moment.

Without a doubt- Something is definitely coming in from the left - toward the initial fire...What is it? Fireball/Incendiary device of some sort?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

I wonder that to after seeing for myself how close they were.

If that is where they were, they werent much farther than that apartment in question, as it is just north(on the picture) of where the truck was. If my estimates were correct that is. This is actually a school, so maybe he was picking up his child? Hopefully it was an empty school, thats SO close to that facility.

About the FIRST explosion, the smaller, initial one. I looks like it came from the two northern 'silos?'. if im not mistaken.

I would also like to ask anyone to confirm that i have the right location of the truck. maybe try to watch the video and look at the buildings around the fire, to determine the perspective of the truck.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Anishnaabe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
wow
jakeacarpenter tweeted:

USGS registered Texas explosion as a 2.1 magnitude seismic event, USGS tells #CNN

WOW!!

M2.1 Quarry Blast - 1km NNE of West, Texas 2013-04-18 00:50:38 UTC

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

wow
jakeacarpenter tweeted:

Indeed, it did register, but it's erroneously labeled a quarry blast for the time being. To be fair, I think the Russian bolide was auto-listed as quarry blast for a while until it was manually changed to reflect what it actually was.

This explosion was felt as far north as Plano

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
DPS says they're concerned wind will change direction overnight, forcing more evacuations after deadly explosion

Investigation team from US Chemical Safety Board deploying to fire and explosion at plant in West, Texas

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey guys. Where does the line for "Troll" end and the one for "terrorist" begin?

People should watch their trolling before they get a knock on their door.

Seems threatening, though. Just thought I should put this out there...

From this video:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
so MSNBC has Charles Hodlock on the phone. he goes on to talk about the April 16, 1947 industrial explosion in Texas City. Worst industrial accident in U.S. history. fire fighters and spectators gathered. it killed thousands, blew airplanes out of the sky.

but what is up with April and tragic events historically??

edit on 18-4-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I think that pretty much crosses the line

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I think that pretty much crosses the line

Whoever wants to do the honors (send that to the FBI)... I'll sit that one out.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
so CNN has Charles Hodlock from MSNBC on the phone. he goes on to talk about the April 16, 1947 industrial explosion in Texas City. Worst industrial accident in U.S. history. fire fighters and spectators gathered. it killed thousands, blew airplanes out of the sky.

but what is up with April and tragic events historically??

Wow I had no idea it blew planes out of the sky

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

There is one in every crowd isn't there?
Some 13 year old little boy might be pi**ing himself if the feds come knocking before the bus runs in the morning. Surely no real threat would run off at the gab like that. People... :smh:

edit on 4/18/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Only 581 people passed away and many more were injured. It's still terrible. I guess April is just the month of terror.

The Texas City disaster was the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history. The incident took place on April 16, 1947, and began with a mid-morning fire on board the French-registered vessel SS Grandcamp which was docked in the Port of Texas City. The fire detonated approximately 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate and the resulting chain reaction of fires and explosions killed at least 581 people, including all but one member of the Texas City fire department.These events also triggered the first ever class action lawsuit against the United States government, under the then-recently enacted Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), on behalf of 8,485 victims.

Source

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

There is one on every crowd isn't there?
Some 13 year old little boy might be pi**ing himself if the feds come knocking before the bus runs in the morning. Surely no real threat would run off at the gab like that. People... :smh:

Agreed.

But it would be great justice to hear about a stupid troll like that getting run-down on.

link   
inb4falseflag..
O wait im too late

link   
I have seen this video posted as TX but this is another case and good example of what a 3 plus on the richter scale explosion looks like.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My immediate family lives about 20 miles away from West, but I have distant relatives who do live there. I haven't heard any details from my family yet, but I sure hope not many died.

I really doubt any foul play here. There's nothing in West worth going through the trouble to set this up. The town is very, very small. It's mostly families, small ranches, and blue collar workers. It all seems like a sad and unfortunate accident. Everyone within a 50 mile radius will know someone involved or affected by this, so it makes it even sadder.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join