It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major explosion reported at fertilizer plant near Waco, TX

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

edit on 18-4-2013 by WonderLustKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Looking at the footage it appears the main fire he is filming is behind the two trees possibly indicating the white tanks are burning rather than the circled area.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
KXXV.com is still running live coverage on this. They are the local ABC channel here in Waco.

Please send a kind word to the universe for West TX. And to Central TX.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Inverse Square Law, Acoustics (Wikipedia)

I think blast pressure would follow the same rules as the link above. An extra half-mile of distance could make all the difference. Despite being at a safe (or safe enough distance), it would still suck watching that and not expecting a kiloton-sized explosion. Hearing loss and all, can't blame that poor kid.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjfry
en.wikipedia.org...

Ammonium Nitrate / Fuel Oil

Very easy to make.

Same explosives used by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma. McVeigh also was a whitness at Waco, because he was interested what happened and drove there, before he set up the bomb.

Waco:

"On February 28, 1993, there was a shootout in which six Branch Davidians and four agents of the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) died. After 50 days, on April 19, 1993, a standoff between FBI agents and Branch Davidians ended in a fire that destroyed their compound located in Mt. Carmel, near Waco. Seventy-four people, including leader David Koresh, died in the blaze. This event became known as the Waco siege."

Wikipedia

Can't be a coincidence.

Good point...

And I can't count how many times the witnesses keep comparing this to the Oklahoma City bombing..

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I always have been under the impression that ammonium nitrate? (hope I spelled correctly) was a common ingredient in crude bomb making materials. So much so that bomb sniffing dogs were imprinted with it? I really am no expert, but I was rather curious as to how there were no dogs used at the Marathon in Boston prior to the event? Although I suppose the way that attack was planned out, it's possible the bombs were planted after the marathon was well underway, really don't know. One thing I do know though is that there are a lot of EXPLOSIONS going off this week!

An earlier poster linked an old news report of an explosion at a fertilizer plant and what was interesting to me was the fact that it was caused by an earlier fire the same day...just like this one! Ironic:O

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It is a horrific scene. If this had to happen, I am thankful that it was in the evening, and not during school hours. This plant is right next to the middle school.

West is a little Czech community with only 2800 people living there. A close knit community and a farming community.

And KXXV is reporting that a 2nd tank is now leaking gas. And later this morning (5ish) we are expected to get possible sever weather, and a cold front is coming in, which will change the winds from south to north.

It's going to be a very long night for us in Central TX

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What if this was just a distraction to keep the agencies busy over here all the while nobody is paying attention to the Dallas area?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Yes, tonight is another crazy night. Just two days after Boston and we have this in Oklahoma and Texas. Crazy!
I guess it might be this....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

I can agree with your point but,

Just seems strange, I'd ass/u/me that the building in the pic would be further away than the dad and daughter in the truck, doesn't matter what side of the factory they are all on. The building is missing an entire side, with severe damage, and the truck and people in it only get a little shell shock in comparison within line of sight of the factory.

either the building photo is wrong or fake, or the footage is wrong, or .. fake ...

it doesn't seem to add up, is all I'm trying to point out.

Muzz

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If you watch the video uploaded by the Father and child in truck, pay attention to the left side of the screen right before the Huge Explosion. There appears to be a small blast like flash right before explosion.

In between 7-8 seconds

edit on 18-4-2013 by WonderLustKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I live a bit north of Dallas and am seeing live coverage on the local news still.

From what I have seen, there have been no "offical" tolls yet. The local Fox 4 is saying a "source" has said there are between 60-70 dead, while CNN is saying only a few dead. Since it's about 1:45am here and the blast happened around 8pm, and there hasnt been anything official released yet, Im guessing the number of hurt/killed could be much higher than originally thought. There's also those that are still missing/unaccounted for. (Also dont forget about the chemicals in the air from this.)

If I catch anything more on my local stations, I'll post it here.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Maybe a steel framed truck can withstand a blast better than a wood building?

The shock wave is essentially wind. Like in a hurricane, people can withstand heavy wind, steel structures can as well. Wood, not so much.

edit on 18-4-2013 by Endure because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I-35 between West and Waco is only about 15 miles, however, it is totally under construction right now and a drunken monkey mess. Earlier they said it was taking over an hour to travel down to Waco.

Scott& White out of Temple (hospital) should be having a press conference shortly, and Hilcrest Medical Center (Waco hospital, both level 1 trauma centers) have been holding phone press confrences throughout the night.

KXXV just reported that a live press conference from West should be coming up shortly.

Someone earlier said that they were traveling on I-35 when the blast hit, and it knocked them into the next lane.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

When I first watched the Video from the Truck I was shocked. This guy, with a steel frame of a truck protecting him might of been lucky. It seems the destruction from the blast in regards to the "City burning down" is on the other side.

If his truck were made of Wood they probably would of been burnt.

Other than that, the initial fire raises my "red flag". How did the fire start in the first place before the explosion??

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be on breaking news, seen this on UK MSM before here.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I think the fire started earlier in the day. Otherwise I am not sure how it happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
I live a bit north of Dallas and am seeing live coverage on the local news still.

From what I have seen, there have been no "offical" tolls yet. The local Fox 4 is saying a "source" has said there are between 60-70 dead, while CNN is saying only a few dead. Since it's about 1:45am here and the blast happened around 8pm, and there hasnt been anything official released yet, Im guessing the number of hurt/killed could be much higher than originally thought. There's also those that are still missing/unaccounted for. (Also dont forget about the chemicals in the air from this.)

If I catch anything more on my local stations, I'll post it here.

I really hope that the death toll is less than that but my gut tells me that it is probably more.
It's beyond horrific.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
KXXV just reported the press conference from West has been postponed till 11:40 AM.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
PressTV claims death toll up to 70 www.presstv.ir...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join