It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envelope tests positive for ricin at D.C. mail facility

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Envelope tests positive for ricin at D.C. mail facility

fox4kc.com

WASHINGTON (CNN) — An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol’s off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hi sorry if this has been posted I did not see it with a search

It says it was addressed to a senator but they are not saying wich one right now

eta

The envelope was addressed to U.S. Senator and initial reports indicated it was sent to Roger Wicker of Mississippi

After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive. The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ricin (pron.: /ˈraɪsɪn/), from the castor oil plant Ricinus communis, is a highly toxic, naturally occurring protein. A dose as small as a few grains of salt can kill an adult human. The LD50 of ricin is around 22 micrograms per kilogram (1.78 mg for an average adult, around 1⁄228 of a standard aspirin tablet/0.4 g gross) in humans if exposure is from injection or inhalation.[1] Oral exposure to ricin is far less toxic and a lethal dose can be up to 20–30 milligrams per kilogram.

fox4kc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-4-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
someones been watching breaking bad to much

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Probably a false flag directed at Harry Reid to further the gun-grabbers unjust cause. Just my two cents.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Interesting. I would think repeating the efforts to scare the public through poisoned letters just as after 9/11 would be a little blatant. Then again they aren't known for being subtle.

CJ

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
using the same old play book again i see.
you would think that someone could come up with new materiel.

ETA: i wonder if we're gonna get a new patriot act out of this.

edit on 16-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Main stream reported it a few minutes ago but the senator is from MS, and is a republican.

Roger Wicker.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Hmmmmmm, as much as FOX news is hated on, I wonder if they will stoop as low as the left media blaming it on Left wing progressives under George Soros???

I have amusingly watched how those with conspiracy theories on the Boston blast got crucified for their theories, but not a peep out of any ATS ers over the FACT that the left wing news media painted the picture of Tea Partiers being responsible because it was tax day.

Here is a video of CNN, pointing at "Right Wing Extremists"!

Still looking for the one where Chris Mathews blatantly blames the Tea Party.......

edit on 16-4-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
heres the cnn link
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste when t can effectively be used to drive and agenda.

Lets just hope there are no more of these "isolated incidences" to follow.

Don't worry everyone, our politicians are probably already fast at work producing more thousand page bits of legislation that erode even more freedoms away.

These aren't the secret manipulations you're looking for...move along...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Who mails letters today? Would this not have been sent a few days ago minimum depending on the speed of the US postal service of course.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
Who mails letters today? Would this not have been sent a few days ago minimum depending on the speed of the US postal service of course.

Well you can't exactly email a deadly toxin.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by whatnext21

Well you can't exactly email a deadly toxin.

yet

That gave me chills lol

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
As a certain de-bunker on the 9/11 forum would say, 'On no, not this crap again'!!

Were all the Anthrax stocks used up after 9/11?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What year is it? 2002?

Just a small snippet of info...

Roger Wicker was one of the 16 Republicans that voted in favor to proceed with gun control legislation in the Senate.

The 16 Republicans who voted to proceed were Sens. Lamar Alexander (Tenn.), Kelly Ayotte (N.H.), Richard Burr (N.C.), Saxby Chambliss (Ga.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), Susan Collins (Maine), Bob Corker (Tenn.), Jeff Flake (Ariz.), Lindsey Graham (S.C.), Dean Heller (Nev.), John Hoeven (N.D.), Johnny Isakson (Ga.), Mark Kirk (Ill.), John McCain (Ariz.), Pat Toomey (Pa.) and Roger Wicker (Miss.). Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) missed the vote.

Link

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

ha, ha that's good, well what about an attachment????

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Interesting.

Is an agenda forming as we tap away?

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think we need to chill out on the whole 'false flag' conspiracy bit until things move along. It's like those words were uttered seconds after the event happened. It's like 90% of ATS'ers feel everything that happens, there is an agenda to follow. Has 9/11 made everyone suspicious about everything ? Do you guys sleep at night anymore ? Good god people, your going to give yourselves a heart attack.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

I'm not saying these two events were orchestrated, but you better believe that those who think along such lines are not above using events they did not create to achieve their goals.

It would actually be better for them to use only "outside" events as they would have no likelihood of being able to be traced back to the string pullers. But the psychological energy created by such scenarios can certainly be directed.

Personally I sleep just fine, but this ludicrous power play our "leaders" are constantly involved in perpetuating is sickening.

Go take a look at history and you will see that royals and leaders are the ones responsible for the greater share of misery in the world. Wars, dungeons, torture all to further the cause of someone who has set themselves upon a pedestal for others to look up to.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Looked ricin up and it is really bad stuff!

Because of it's toxicity, wouldn't the person who sent it be subject to exposure?

Shame we live in a world that this type of thing happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join