It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envelope tests positive for ricin at D.C. mail facility

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

HazMat Called to Sen. Cornyn's Dallas Office

www.nbcdfw.com...

HazMat has been requested at the Farmers Branch office of U.S. Senator John Cornyn due to a suspicious substance.

Officials with the senator's office said the following: "I can confirm that authorities have been called to our Dallas office to investigate a piece of mail. For more information, please contact Farmer's Branch PD."

Further details have not been released

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that the letter sent contained the following message:

"To see a wrong and not expose it, is to become a silent partner to its continuance."

Signed,
I am KC and I approve this message.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok, help me out here.

I just did a search and basically came up empty-handed.

I swear I saw this at the end of a post by an ATS member in the past two days.....

"I am KC and I approve of this message."

Does anyone else remember seeing it???

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Ok, help me out here.

I swear I saw this at the end of a post by an ATS member in the past two days.....

I heard Anderson Cooper say it for the first time today

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I think it was yesterday, but I remember a poster writing this at the end of a post.

Now I can't even remember what thread it was in.

And I blame my dear old mother for having memory issues.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Butcher, I did not see that reply, but will go thread by thread to find it.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Ok, help me out here.

I remember it being used by a poster some time ago. But for the life of me I can't find it either.

If I am not mistaken it was in the signature portion of the post

edit on 17-4-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Ok, help me out here.

I remember it being used by a poster some time ago. But for the life of me I can't find it either.

If I am not mistaken it was in the signature portion of the post

edit on 17-4-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

Thank you, I feel less like a victim of Alzheimer's now.
It was towards the bottom of the page, but I am not sure that it was part of the signature.
I am still looking, it might be worth finding.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think there was a couple threads 404d

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For those who don't know what ricin is, it is one of the most potent poisons known to science. It is a protein produced in the seeds of the castor plant, and it targets adenine molecules—one of the “letters” of our DNA and RNA—in the cell’s internal protein factory. Without adenine, cells can’t make proteins and can’t survive. A single molecule of ricin is enough to kill a cell.

For someone familiar with chemistry, ricin is relatively easy to extract from castor beans, which can be bought at any large grocery store. This makes it much simpler to handle than anthrax or botulinum toxin. The beans are treated with various chemicals to extract and solidify the protein, then washed with old fashioned dry-cleaning fluid to purify the poison. Filtering produces ricin particles about the size of a bacterium, or household dust.

As a weapon, ricin is better suited to targeted assassinations than to mass killings. Ricin dumped into a municipal water supply is quickly broken down by chlorination and sunlight, and it’s possible for a person to survive ricin ingestion through treatments such as stomach pumping and consuming activated charcoal. Ricin inhalation might be worse: it can lead to pulmonary edema (in which the lungs fill with fluid), followed by the death of the cells that transport oxygen into the bloodstream and, subsequently, the death of the victim. However, scientists estimate that it would take several metric tons of airborne ricin to kill a large population.

Probably the most famous victim of ricin was Georgi Markov, whose death by ricin poisoning seems straight out of a John le Carré novel. A Bulgarian dissident living in London and working for the BBC World Service, Markov left work on a late summer day in 1978 to catch a train home. On the street, Markov was “accidentally” jabbed in the leg by an umbrella-wielding passerby. Soon after, Markov felt sick, developed a high fever, and was taken to a hospital. When he died, four days later, an autopsy found his lungs filled with fluid, his internal organs dotted with small hemorrhages, and an especially high white-blood-cell count. Most shocking, however, was the discovery of a platinum-iridium pellet about one and a half millimetres in diameter lodged in Markov’s thigh. The pellet had been drilled to contain about 0.2 milligrams of liquid.

The pellet contained no trace of poison, so doctors had to figure out what killed Markov through a process of elimination: nerve poisons, bacterial toxins, and plant extracts were all high on the list. Markov’s symptoms most perfectly matched those of ricin poisoning, so scientists injected a pig with an amount proportional to what Markov had received. Within hours, the pig developed the same symptoms that Markov had shown, and an autopsy revealed the same internal damages.

Suspicion immediately fell on Bulgarian secret police, assisted by the K.G.B. The most commonly accepted version of what happened is that a Bulgarian-hired assassin “shot” Markov with the pellet from a compressed air gun concealed in an umbrella. When the Bulgarian Communist regime collapsed in 1989, a stack of such umbrellas was found in the interior ministry.

But ricin’s legacy is not all bad. Recently, scientists have been exploring its use as an “immunotoxin”—a substance that can assist the immune system by killing only dangerous cells. By attaching a ricin molecule to an antibody targeted only at cancer cells, scientists at Southwestern Medical Center claim to have achieved good results treating Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma patients; another study reports success in ricin-targeting leukemia and colon-cancer cells.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

You have to wonder now that a letter has also been sent to Obama (www.nbcnewyork.com) that it has nothing to do with repub or dem just government, what is this accomplishing other then ,Hey I'm out here.

Point being anyone with the wear with all to make or obtain ricin would know that all government mail is given the once over before it is sent on to the people that open it and no physical mail ever gets to the person it is sent to. Its trashed or there are briefed on what it says. .................it makes no sense, scare tactics are old school I would think by now.............just a thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
link to a television show called "I am KC" Not sure if there is any connection.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Too bad it did not get to Obama..!!!

Whoever is sending this stuff is NUTZ!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
*tin foil on*

www.linkedin.com...

I am an activist/whistle blower who has made no profit from either. I wrote a book "Missing Pieces" which covers the past decade of my life & results of blowing whistle in Mississippi on the illegal bone, tissue, organ & body parts black market. For this, I have become hated by all $tock holders of the body parts market industry (which includes but is not limited to Doctors, health care workers, body brokers, morticians, organ donor program employee's, victims, patients, etc. The list goes on and on. Not to mention the legal system, which has tried tirelessly to distract me in court, jail or else where. I have lived a nightmare but my faith in God keeps me going. Thank goodness I had a wonderful grandmother & mother who taught me about strength & God at an early age leading by example. God bless your work, faith & objectives. This is KC & I approve this message.

www.guardian.co.uk...

An FBI intelligence bulletin obtained by the Associated Press quoted from the letters sent to Obama and Wicker. "To see a wrong and not expose it is to become a silent partner to its continuance." Both were signed: "I am KC and I approve this message."

edit on 17-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The quote ""To see a wrong and not expose it is to become a silent partner to its continuance" is from John Raymond Baker, a Texas chiropractor's motto for patient care. It is also the motto of a anti-allstate insurance website.

wtvr.com...
&
allstateinsurancesucks.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

edit
edit on 17-4-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, living long enough, you've seen the same crazy stuff before.

Even use without casualties can be disruptive. Three US Senate office buildings closed on February 3, 2004, after ricin was found in the mailroom that serves Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist's office. No injuries were reported.

On February 4, 2004, as part of the ongoing investigation as to the source of this most recent ricin attack, the Secret Service acknowledged that ricin had also been found at a White House mail-processing center in early November 2003.

A vial containing ricin was also found at a post office in Greenville, South Carolina, in October 2003. The envelope, addressed to the US Department of Transportation, was labeled "caution RICIN POISON." The letter, protesting a proposed federal limit on the number of truckers' hours behind the wheel to go into effect in January 2004, was signed "Fallen Angel."

From 1991-1997, three cases involving ricin were reported in the United States.

In Minnesota, four members of the Patriots Council, an extremist group that held antigovernment and antitax ideals and advocated the overthrow of the US government, were arrested in 1991 for plotting to kill a US marshal with ricin. The ricin was produced in a home laboratory. They planned to mix the ricin with the solvent dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO), and then smear it on the door handles of the marshal's vehicle. The plan was discovered, and the men were convicted.

In 1995, a man entered Canada from Alaska on his way to North Carolina. Canadian custom officials stopped the man and found him in possession of several guns, $98,000, and a container of white powder, which was identified as ricin. In 1997, a man shot his stepson in the face. Investigators discovered a makeshift laboratory in his basement and found agents such as ricin and nicotine sulfate.

source

As to why Wicker...

"The state tea party right now is actively seeking to recruit candidates to run against Wicker, and so are we," Rhodes said.
Rhodes said his coastal tea party group has "fought with him (Wicker) on several different issues."
"We don't expect him to just blindly fall in line with what we want," Rhodes said. "We do expect him to follow a conservative philosophy."

source

As to why a certain group of extremists...

Old Weird America, ricin kooks and extremism

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Do you think this could be another false flag covering up for another false flag that occurred in the 2002 false flag that got dismissed as a false flag than was reopened to another false flag in 2006?

Mmmmmm....Curious...

Could this whole thread be a false flag to distract us from the other thread that is the truth...?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Looked ricin up and it is really bad stuff!

Because of it's toxicity, wouldn't the person who sent it be subject to exposure?

Shame we live in a world that this type of thing happens.

I'm quite surprised ricin doesn't make the news more often.

Castor Plant grows wild all around where I live. It's in walking distance, and I collect the seeds to sell from a stand nearby on one of my common routes. It grows very, very large and is an ideal xeriscaping plant for hardiness with a stout tropical look, meaning its a nice landscaping plant and is used as such. Between the ornamental varieties, and commercial seedoil crops, castor plant even has named cultivars.

Its seedoil contains some of the highest oil content n the world, but not more than Jatropha Biodiesel Plant which is #1. Jatropha is similar in ricin content, xeriscaping hardiness and size. I grow it for seeds and cuttings, initially motivated by having this genetic material active in case the necessity to produce biodiesel arises. I regularly have people over asking if Jatropha is the Chaya Spinach Tree (which I also have).

Back on the more common castor, in places like Florida, its ubiquitous. Its so common, yet most people don't know what it looks like. I've had people who saw it while driving ask if its okra! I suspect people, children, are exposed to it all the time, but dont actually eat it thus lack of news. However people should still know its visuals as skin contact from handling has been reported by seedoil farmers.
edit on 18-4-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Paul Kevin Curtis, a registered Democrat and member of Mensa, has been arrested for the Ricin attacks.

Seems he is known for writing inflamatory letters to politicians, and has always used, I"I am KC and I apprive this message."

For a member of Mensa, he is not too bright, unless.for.some reason he wanted to get caught.

Kevin Curtis, KC. Even though his full names is Paul Kevin Curtis.

He is from Tupelo, Mississippi, and I still say they should look into the deaths of the 5 conservative legislators, though he seems like an equal opportunity attacker.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join