It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envelope tests positive for ricin at D.C. mail facility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

Aren't ricin attackers more likely to be conservative white guys of the Christian persuasion? So it's not related to the Boston thing.

WTF?

No, Seriously,

WTF?

You're privy to the profiling on "ricin attackers"?

It's come to my attention that most Liberals, on average, are nearly as intelligent as the average Conservative. I think, with just a little extra effort, a liberal Oriental of the Atheist persuasion could probably puzzle it out and set up their very own basement ricin lab, nearly as easily as a conservative white Christian.

Something suddenly smells funny in this thread...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm going to ask a several stupid questions:

Do they test all envelopes?

If not, what prompted them to test this one?

Also this Ricin seems to be a very dangerous thing so I would imagine it would be hard to come by, is this correct?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have posted links in several other ricin threads, so I will mention it here, as well.

Keep in mind this is another Mississippi legislator, and there have been now, 5 conservative legislators turn up dead in 5 months in Mississippi.

You have heard a lot on the news about the Texas DA, but hardly anything about the Mississippi legislators turning up dead.

After 5 deaths, and a 6th potential target, I think someone should consider a possible attack on Mississippi legislators.

edit on 17-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneggod

Also this Ricin seems to be a very dangerous thing so I would imagine it would be hard to come by, is this correct?

Yes, they test all incoming mail before distribution. It delays the mail delivery by two to three days.

The ricin thing, from what I understand, is not that hard to make. Just very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I mail letters. The mail is still needed. It's much more meaningful to receive a letter from someone than an e-mail.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is the one thing that seemed to go unnoticed is that like 9/11 where during the same time Anthrax was found in letters the bombing in Boston was followed with reports of a letter with Ricin.

Coincidence or planned that is the question.

At least the FBI believes they know the Ricin letter person because this is not his/hers first letter.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by goou111

Interesting. I would think repeating the efforts to scare the public through poisoned letters just as after 9/11 would be a little blatant. Then again they aren't known for being subtle.

CJ

Agreed.

Seems rather odd particularly in light of the Boston Marathon explosions which have been now referred to as an act of Terrorism even though they don't know yet who did it or why.

Perhaps certain wicked PTB are getting desperate that's the way it appears.

Just because it is labeled terrorism doesn't mean it is Muslim.
Just because it is a IED does not mean it is Muslim.
It could be it was some Occupy nut job or an abortion rights advocate. Not necessarily Christian and white either.

The bombing did invoke terror in those that were present so it is labeled Terrorism that is the bottom line. Sandy Hook was a terrorist act, Fort Hood was a terrorist act, Aurora was a terrorist act, Drive by gang slayings are a terrorist acts, Road Rage is a terrorist act. Terrorist act is a general generic term used for anything that causes terror in the people.

This event will most likely lead to more cameras in the streets.

edit on 17-4-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
According to John McAfee, there are tons of ricin in the US:

edit on 17-4-2013 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Has 9/11 made everyone suspicious about everything ?

A obvious AND justified YES would be in order here.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Something suddenly smells funny in this thread...

Yes, agreed.

I was having similar olfactory sensations in some of the Boston Marathon bombing threads.......

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Originally posted by Oneggod

Yes, they test all incoming mail before distribution. It delays the mail delivery by two to three days.

The ricin thing, from what I understand, is not that hard to make. Just very dangerous.

Hmmm. That is interesting.

What does a ricin tester look like?

What all do they test for?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Apparently, they do more than screen their incoming mail:

Following the anthrax attacks, the Capitol Police began screening and irradiating every piece of mail before it is delivered to Congressional offices.

engel.house.gov

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

It could be it was some Occupy nut job or an abortion rights advocate. Not necessarily Christian and white either.

Not necessarily Right-wing either.

Animal Liberation Front
Earth Liberation Front
Ted Kaczynski
Earth Liberation Army

This event will most likely lead to more cameras in the streets.

You got that right. Heck, I'm waiting for a Congressional hearing, with crying relatives of the dead and wounded asking why we didn't have more cameras... and why there wasn't a drone onsite... PREVENTING the bombing from happening!
edit on 17-4-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was thinking the same exact thing, ol' Walt is at it again!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by whatnext21
Who mails letters today? Would this not have been sent a few days ago minimum depending on the speed of the US postal service of course.

Well you can't exactly email a deadly toxin.

yet

That gave me chills lol

With advanced 3D printer technology (not yet created fully) connected to your PC; you could send an email print job, and recreate the protien on a 3D printer.

In 2025 or so, WATCH OUT!

God Bless,

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say"

A letter addressed to President Barack Obama tested positive for the poison ricin and was from the same sender who mailed a letter to a senator that also tested positive, officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

The letter to Obama was intercepted at an off-site White House mail facility and was being tested further, a Secret Service official told NBC News. A federal law enforcement official said that the letter was “very similar” to one addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss.

usnews.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Invasive plant in all parts of Africa, it is also on the invasive species list for Florida.

You would think that this alone could narrow down the area where the Ricin is being propagated...

plants.ifas.ufl.edu...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There goes our mail privacy...I can't wait to see.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
I think we need to chill out on the whole 'false flag' conspiracy bit until things move along. It's like those words were uttered seconds after the event happened. It's like 90% of ATS'ers feel everything that happens, there is an agenda to follow. Has 9/11 made everyone suspicious about everything ? Do you guys sleep at night anymore ? Good god people, your going to give yourselves a heart attack.

Can't speak for all, but yes 9/11 had that effect on me. I left for work that day believing WWIII had started. Fool me once, that's it. Not falling for their BS anymore.... heart is fine here

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The Saginaw, Mich. office of U.S. Sen. Carl Levin (D) was evacuated Wednesday due to a suspicious letter, the Detroit News reports.

"Earlier today, a staffer at my Saginaw regional office received a suspicious-looking letter," Levin said in a statement. "The letter was not opened, and the staffer followed the proper protocols for the situation, including alerting the authorities, who are now investigating. We do not know yet if the mail presented a threat. I'm grateful for my staff's quick response and for government personnel at all levels who are responding."

There have been several incidents in the last several days in which politicians have received suspicious mail.

A bomb squad was sent to the U.S. Capitol, and part of the building was evacuated following the discovery of two suspicious packages Wednesday.

The Associated Press reports that a suspect is being questioned in connection with that incident.

This week, police also reportedly intercepted letters addressed to President Obama and Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) that were coated with ricin, a poisonous toxin.

Levin has served in the Senate since he was elected in 1978. He announced earlier this year he would not be seeking re-election.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

A letter addressed to US President Barack Obama apparently containing ricin has been intercepted.

Initial tests on the letter, identified at a remote facility, showed the presence of the lethal toxin.

The letter, which arrived at the facility on 16 April, is related to another laced with ricin intended for a US senator, the FBI said.

Meanwhile, US Capitol Police are questioning a suspect in connection with the tainted letters, reports say.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) said the letters addressed to the president and Republican Senator Roger Wicker were both postmarked Memphis, Tennessee and dated 8 April.

The contents of the letter intended for President Obama were being sent to an accredited laboratory for further analysis, the FBI said, with results expected in 24 to 48 hours

music by

sonnyboo.com...

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join