It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Envelope tests positive for ricin at D.C. mail facility

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Not a fan of any MSM but the guy did mention more than one possibility.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Not a fan of any MSM but the guy did mention more than one possibility.

Your right he did, but is it fair that the left wing gets to paint the right wing as terrorists?? Trust me, I have NO love for either party, but the hypocrisy of what is acceptable to say on one side, is unacceptable for the other is enough for me to sway my hatred towards those whom feel they have more rights than those of the "other" political persuasion to spew forth ignorance and hateful filled rhetoric......................

Again, has FOX news said anything about left wing extremists being responsible for this incident?? Nope!

Just goes to show how CNN and other progressive media outlets are above the law and as long as their lies and ignorance falls in line with supporting the current regime, everything is fine.....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No FOX is pointing fingers at Muslims, is that fair? Is it fair to point fingers at any group when the reality is that regardless of this person/s religion, ideology, race, nationality... they don't represent it? The only thing 'terrorists' represent is lack of regard for other humans.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

But it wasn't addressed to Harry Reid.

Go back and re-read the article.

Plus, you seem to know an awful lot about this. Hmm.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No FOX is pointing fingers at Muslims, is that fair? Is it fair to point fingers at any group when the reality is that regardless of this person/s religion, ideology, race, nationality... they don't represent it? The only thing 'terrorists' represent is lack of regard for other humans.

Do you really want to bring that up?

I'm sorry, but after 9/11 who did our government paint as the boogey man? Muslims perhaps?

Do you think it is fair that as Americans we have given up our rights and freedoms due to the government portraying Muslims as terrorists, or do you feel more comfortable blaming FOX news for carrying out the wishes of TPTB?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

No I don't think it is fair that we lost so much of our freedoms.
My point is... demonizing any group is ridiculous and too many fall for it.
Anyway, I'm glad the letter was intercepted and the Senator is okay.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The bombing, the ricin, this make my blood boil!!!!! The Coalition of the Just needs to invade the evil empire of Iraq, pronto, and dig out their weapons of mass construction. And if we don't get that blowhard Saddam Hussein after this, when are we going to get him?? What will it take???? Come on everyone, beat the drums for war (or at least for damn-their-eyes) and Bring It On (or is it saddle up, or something)!!! Freedom fries!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by riverwild
Looked ricin up and it is really bad stuff!

Because of it's toxicity, wouldn't the person who sent it be subject to exposure?

Shame we live in a world that this type of thing happens.

It really depends if the person who sent it knew what they were doing? People handle it in labs all the time, and they never really found who was sending that anthrax a decade or so back.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by goou111

Interesting. I would think repeating the efforts to scare the public through poisoned letters just as after 9/11 would be a little blatant. Then again they aren't known for being subtle.

CJ

Agreed.

Seems rather odd particularly in light of the Boston Marathon explosions which have been now referred to as an act of Terrorism even though they don't know yet who did it or why.

Perhaps certain wicked PTB are getting desperate that's the way it appears.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In Jan of this year , John McAfee released info about a large cell of Hezbola training and sneaking into the US with the help of the Zetas and using Ricin to attack the US in such a way that would make 911 seem like childs play . May be all related and we may see alot more of this in the coming days . Deff alot going on lately with the bombings , air traffic almost coming to a complete stop today and now Ricin attack verified in 2 cases .

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My post in same thread that got closed :

The instructions for purifying ricin are obscure and not commonly known, although it's not too difficult.

I just find the level of sophistication involved with creating a ricin letter scare as bizarre when compared to the relative lack of sophistication in the marathon attack.

That is, if we are intended to connect the two.

Maybe they aren't related at all, and it's a coincidence?
Maybe the ricin is misidentified but somehow media hype went overboard before that little correction was made?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This is BS and smoke and mirrors. Something's up.....not kosher.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Something I did see Fox News say that seemed scripted , " The Constitution is not a suicide pact " . Scripted News means scripted crisis . The news casters are saying we might have to give up some Constitutional rights to stay safe . Now where did that come from ? TPTB no doubt . The Patriot Bill is of course is coming up for renewal . Before Sandy Hook the UN Gun bill was in trouble . Coincidence ? NOT !

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I posted on another one of the Boston Bombing incident threads about a suspicious package at my school (University of Memphis) yesterday morning, hours before the Boston incident. The building that it was mailed to was evacuated and it did make local news.

Now, FOX news just mentioned the Memphis incident and are trying to make possible connections.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
There is a suspect !

Letter to Miss. senator tests for ricin

DONNA CASSATA, AP
1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — An envelope addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi twice tested positive Tuesday for ricin, a potentially fatal poison, congressional officials said, heightening concerns about terrorism a day after a bombing killed three and left more than 170 injured at the Boston Marathon.

One senator, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, said authorities have a suspect in the fast-moving ricin case, but she did not say if an arrest had been made. She added the letter was from an individual who frequently writes lawmakers.

On Tuesday night, FBI spokesman Paul Bresson said initial field tests on the substance produced mixed results and that it is in the process of undergoing further analysis at an accredited laboratory. Only after that testing can a determination be made about whether the substance is ricin, Bresson said.

Read more...

xfinity.comcast.net...
edit on 16-4-2013 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

So we don't even have full confirmation that this is indeed Ricin, and yet here we are, hearing the media go off on it and most people believe it.

Very sad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well thats what that report says and it's only an hour old.

I don't know if we ever get the truth or complete info on anything we are told in the news,
But there it is anyway.

edit on 16-4-2013 by azureskys because: corrections

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by whatnext21
Who mails letters today? Would this not have been sent a few days ago minimum depending on the speed of the US postal service of course.

Well you can't exactly email a deadly toxin.

Give a hacker enough time, he will find a way. Hypothetically speaking, to try to flip that statement, one could email an order to a ricin factory (like that exists) and have it delivered as a gift to anybody they chose. So yes, you can email a toxin, by proxy of an online website. I could get into details, but I'm trying to not be a moron and get myself into the stupid zone with the already tense government. There has got to be about half a dozen ways to get it started. Small time drone delivery for example.

Hey, sometimes it's government vs government, as in one politician looking to sabotage another politician. No proof, but that is still available for theory.

This eliminates the silly question of who uses the mail these days. Government does. Lawyers, politicians, all the paper pushers still work with lots of paper. Oh and don't forget those millions of taxpayers out there who write letters to their government to get their opinion across. Everything ordered online goes through the mail, and in bigger cities there is same-day delivery.

I wouldn't call it a terrorist attack but you know the person who did it is going to be called for it. Aren't ricin attackers more likely to be conservative white guys of the Christian persuasion? So it's not related to the Boston thing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No but you can email a virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join