It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
and hes a suspect because.....?

hes brown?

EDIT: I mean... he can even be guilty, dont get me wrong... but... this suspicion is based on............?
edit on 15-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

The suspicion is based on " surveillance cameras".

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
He could just be a foreign national student. Boston is full of them.

He could have gone out as as tourist to watch the festivities.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
They have him on tape which is where it is coming from. Does this make it real for some of you?

This was a perfectly coordinated attack. Now we just need the president to admit to it....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
OH, now its the saudis. Are we gonna go to war with terror again? How much of this can we handle? Anything new from the wonderfully truthful and honest government about this?

ps. my condolences for those who died, and their families.

Wanna know how to stop this? get involved. be proactive. question everything.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

It was all caught on HD video. That is why TPTB would classify a 'Saudi National' as a suspect. Officials have used phrase's 'portable and 'mobile' devices? How did they know they were 'mobile'. They saw them moving, that's how. Shows two things. The government has finally mastered information warfare. Or they are still as clueless as ever. The whole point of real-time surveillance, or at least it SHOULD be. Neutralize the attack, or at least ID the weapon/platform/tactics. Not all suicide bombings end up in suicide. Explosives can be dangerous to use, as well as HANDLE. We've dodged this kind of thing before, when the damn things don't go off, when people have said 'not today' and made a conscious decision to stop the weapon, at all costs. (when I say 'we' here, I mean, everyone in the known Universe it seems
When something can get past your countermeasures, the most important question to ask is how, not who. We may have just gotten lucky, and we've got our hands on the 'who' and we know it. In HD video no less. When do we get to see it? It's not a National Security issue, so WHEN do we get to see it?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
is this confirmed or not?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

he's a suspect because he's a suspect.....we don't get to know everything out of the gate....don't be so foolish as to start the race argument...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Confirmed

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Police chief just said he is NOT a suspect.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So wait... a guy carrying multiple backpacks at the finish line to a marathon is suspicious?

"Hey man, can you drop me at the start point, then pick me up from the finish? Thanks.. Oh here, hang onto my bag too"

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I think the title should be changed if this isnt fact... This title is misleading...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You do need to give the police a break.

After bombs go off , if you see a middle eastern man with multiple backpacks in the vicinity, it would be enough to suspect him and detain him. Not just racial profiling, but the fact that it was backpack bombs used in London and multiple bombs are the hallmark of a middle eastern group.

sucks to be him, wrong place at the wrong time but, im glad the cops did their work

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by Propulsion

I hope they waterboard him. There are dead...children. This was a terror attack and you are all so brainwashed you blame everyone but the one who may have done it. Profiling is what gets people arrested. What is a white guy doing in the ghetto at 3 in the morning. Getting Ice Cream?

Amazing..a young kid on a visa...

Link

I'd rather not get pulled over for driving my coworker home so she wouldn't have to take the bus. I wasn't getting ice cream or buying crack, and I'm sure I'm not the only benevolent white person who's been in the ghetto after dark.

Moving on...Seems to me, the road to hell is paved in the crocodile tears people shed over dead and/or dying children. If we feel so bad for them and hold them on a pedestal so much higher above the life of an adult, why do we strive so hard to create a world that hurts them/us(-as you and I are grown children). It's a vicarious nostalgia or something.

How many children died in our wars of retaliation for the children of 9/11?

How does the death of one child get justification from the death of other children?

And, deep down, as soon as I heard "Saudi person of interest" earlier today, I had a sneaking suspicion it would be the scenario detailed above about a concerned citizen seeing an Arab and/or Muslim guy,, because I know people that think that way...you know the Uncle or family friend who sees a Sikh and does a double take or makes some comment under his breath...people who have, quite honestly speaking, an extremely ignorant, uneducated worldview.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You do need to give the police a break.

After bombs go off , if you see a middle eastern man with multiple backpacks in the vicinity, it would be enough to suspect him and detain him. Not just racial profiling, but the fact that it was backpack bombs used in London and multiple bombs are the hallmark of a middle eastern group.

sucks to be him, wrong place at the wrong time but, im glad the cops did their work

I understand it was a drill

he may have been the " suspect" as per that drill"

exactly where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Yeah, the police chief also did not answer why the police were telling people to be calm just before the bombing or did you happen to leave that out. That to me made my jaw drop and they all walked away...off stage. I watched the whole thing.

It is an ongoing investigation. He said he would not comment about having anyone in custody or being questioned right after he said that no one is at that hospital. It is for protection of the person being questioned I am sure.

So, who do we believe?

Link

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

See the word is potential... Lets get facts not ifs...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
2 suspects

2 suspects

A civilian at the scene of the blasts claimed the potential suspect was acting suspiciously. The civilian reportedly chased him down and tackled him after the explosions. The man is said to be cooperating with investigators and denies any involvement. Police have not revealed where he is being treated, but several witnesses saw AFT agents with automatic weapons entering Brigham and Women's Hospital several hours after the blasts.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Fox news is stating no suspects, this post is wrong...

also 3 dead now..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

so is CNN.
I have to admit, watching the POTUS speak earlier, with his constantly looking down, made even me suspicious. I fought it off as ATS-fever, but....
it just seems too weird to be happening. Denial? I don't know. Shock? Maybe. All I know is I'm shook up.
WTH is happening???!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Also it says no word on motive or who launched the attacks..

Change the title as I said its not fact its a lie..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join