It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston hospital

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
What the hell?!!!
I am more terrified every day, no matter how hard I try to stay calm and rational.

edit on 15-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

There is no reason to live in fear everyday. There are billions of people in the world, hundreds of thousands of towns and cities. 99% of which have no bombs going off. Global media makes you think the world is a horrible place and death and destruction is just around the corner when you're out shopping for groceries or driving to work.

Don't feed into the fear.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
News conference on Fox, the governor said no one is in custody and they are questioning numerous individuals. Just an FYI...

This is absurd.

First they have someone, then no one is in custody.

News reporting should have to go through some kind of quality check by a state official.

I can see why China does this. Makes a lot more sense than American media.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
The world isnt on fire. These events do not affect as many people as you might think. Without a TV or computer this event would impact nobody. The whole reason these false flags occur is because they know EVERYONE is glued to their TV/computer/cellphone. period.

Speak for yourself on that one. I'm over 1500 miles away and wouldn't ya know it. A reporter from our local TV station was at the Boston marathon because his wife was running in it. Neither injured, thank goodness.

Things like this can be weird sometimes for the impacts and in what ways, I think.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
and hes a suspect because.....?

hes brown?

EDIT: I mean... he can even be guilty, dont get me wrong... but... this suspicion is based on............?
edit on 15-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

The very thing you are accusing the police of doing you are guilty of.
If he is innocent the truth will come out why not just let them do there jobs.

I would be questioning him also if I was the police.
edit on 16-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pretty damn sure it effected 2 dead and 20 some odd wounded, and it will effect the rest of us when they use tragedy to push for more draconian laws.

You are right, this does affect plenty of people, obviously those directly involved, and those indirectly involved, the people of Boston won't 'feel right' for a long time, I sure as hell wouldn't.

But I gotta ask, what new draconian laws could this possibly help? No more marathons? I mean, any way I look at it, anything this would help bolster is basically already in place. They've already stripped away most of your rights, they can stop and search you on the street, take your camera, etc.

They will use this event as propaganda to help their agenda, but I see that being war. Who's gonna be the first to point the finger at Syrians or North Koreans or Iranians? Even if it was a Saudi attack, like 911 quite possibly was, it makes more sense to attempt to connect it to one of the other enemies they already want to attack, not the Saudis who, like it or not, the US is heavily indebted to.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

News reporting should have to go through some kind of quality check by a state official. I can see why China does this. Makes a lot more sense than American media.

Wow. I gave props in a funny hockey video thread for giving me a laugh, but i gotta give you some.

Chinese news is run through state officials because it's propaganda and "reality" has to be approved by the government. It's not done to ensure accuracy, it's done to ensure coordinated inaccuracy.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just heard on the radio that the Saudi national was a 20 year old student who they now do not regard as a "person of interest". They did also say something about suspicious burns on one of the people currently in hospital but didn't say anything else about that.

I have to say i am not sure what suspicious burns could be - surely you are either burned or not from a bomb blast, depending upon proximity?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Link

At the hospital, investigators seized the man’s clothes to examine whether they held any evidence that he was behind the attack. The law-enforcement sources also told The Post that the man was not free to leave the medical center. He had suffered shrapnel wounds to the back of a leg but was not likely to die, a source said. As of last night, investigators had not yet directly asked the man whether he had set off the bombs. But they had asked him general questions, such as what he was doing in the area. The potential suspect told police he had dinner Sunday night near Boston’s Prudential Center, about half a mile from the blast site, the sources said. He also said that he went to the Copley Square area yesterday to witness the finish of the race. The sources said that, after the man was grabbed by police, he smelled of gunpowder and declared, “I thought there would be a second bomb.” He also asked: “Did anyone die?” Officials showed up at the Revere apartment at about 5:30 p.m. in unmarked vehicles, a resident of the building said. It’s on a street where the man had lived, law-enforcement sources told The Post. About an hour later, more vehicles, carrying agents of the FBI, Homeland Security and ATF also descended on the site, along with firefighters and a bomb squad. They searched an apartment on the fifth floor. By midnight, most of the authorities had left the complex, which sits on a piece of ocean-front property in the seaside city. Investigators were looking for anything that might have been used set to off the devices, including a remote control. According to a report by CBS News, the man was initially tackled by a bystander while running from the scene of the explosions. The bystander told police he grabbed the Saudi because he thought he was acting suspiciously.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Thanks for that extra link. Makes me wonder though why i have just heard a Boston Police official on the radio saying he was a 20 year old student who has since been released and is not believed to be involved (ie, not a person of interest).

And, to be fair, there were a whole host of people running away from the blasts. Running away in that situation isn't suspicious behaviour, in my opinion.

Thinking about it, that link you kindly supplied has left me even more confused.......

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by esdad71
Link

A Saudi national is in guarded condition at a local Boston hospital. When are we going to learn?

vestigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned. Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an undisclosed Boston hospital. It was not immediately clear why the man was hospitalized and whether he was injured in the attack or in his apprehension. The man was caught less than two hours after the 2:50 p.m. bombing on the finish line of the race, in the heart of Boston.

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but for everyone's safety we have to profile. Although it's already being done on an unspoken, unwritten basis in most localities, intentions of such should be stated as policy. For instance, Israel profiles openly at airports, and there has never been a hijacking incident on an Israeli airline. Yes, it is a loss of a freedom, but I'm willing to concede that freedom to live a longer life without fear that a third world Saudi national is going to blow me up.
Who told you that Saudi Arabia is third world? And if you're willing to concede your freedoms for some false sense of security, well, you're going to get exactly what you deserve. Until ALL humans are banned, there will ALWAYS be malicious people, malicious acts, and casualties that follow. Your dear gov. can't and won't ''protect'' YOU from anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
reply to post by Propulsion

I hope they waterboard him. There are dead...children. This was a terror attack and you are all so brainwashed you blame everyone but the one who may have done it. Profiling is what gets people arrested. What is a white guy doing in the ghetto at 3 in the morning. Getting Ice Cream?

Amazing..a young kid on a visa...

Link

I get what you're saying, I really do. But it seems as if you don't know this, so I'm gonna tell ya...there are white people that live in the ''ghetto''. Not in staggering numbers, but nevertheless, white ghetto dwellers do exist. And waterboarding is a double edged sword. Most people would rat out their own mother under those conditions, so waterboarding isn't as reliable as masochists would like you to believe. You, nor I know if it was a ''terrorist'' attack or not. And it's not a good idea to be calling everyone brainwashed with a post worded such as yours.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Just heard on the radio that the Saudi national was a 20 year old student who they now do not regard as a "person of interest". They did also say something about suspicious burns on one of the people currently in hospital but didn't say anything else about that.

I have to say i am not sure what suspicious burns could be - surely you are either burned or not from a bomb blast, depending upon proximity?

If you find a one eyed guy in the crowd who is missing a couple of fingers and has burn scars up his arms, that would qualify as suspicious.

ETA: I'm talking existing scars, not fresh wounds here.
edit on 16-4-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: last line

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Saudi's are not without their own level of extremism and IMHO are very well funded. With only 13 (or so) ruling families in Saudi Arabia could not most Saudi's be tracked back to The State at one level or another?

Very true, but then examine this for a moment....this student has the money to go to school in another nation, but isn't funded enough to use C-4 for this master plan? No, not buying it. I think he is a red herring. He even gave consent to search his place, vs. them getting a warrant.

This attack has all the earmarks of a domestic terror act, not an international one. The fact that more weren't hurt even more-so points to a false flag type operation, but we'll see (or not)....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well the Boston Attack is having the desirable outcome, the news are now 24 hours on going on nothing but the bombing, now what else is going in the nation or let say globally that people are not longer concentrating on? how about what Washington is right now debating on and soon to pass laws?

Still Saudi Kingdom will never be punished for the doings of what one national in foreign lands do just like it have been done before remember 9/11?

So while every body are having their eyes on one "supposedly saudi national of Interest" the real news are somewhere else hidden from public view.

And the conspiracies grow and the real intend behind anything that happen in our nation and whatever powers keeps on schedule.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I look at these things with an open mind. Also, it was served with a warrant in Revere. Person of interest/suspect...if there was NO connection they would not waste the time. As with all, we can guess and speculate and maybe one day know but please read this...

The apt searched was registered to a Moroccan guy named Mounir Rhoulam. this is not confirmation that it is him since this guy is to be in his 30's but how about another coincidence. This is the name of a man who set an apartment on fire in May of 2012.

Link

this all sounds odd....

The man retreated to his home, where Fire Chief Gene Doherty said that the suspect lit curtains on fire and attempted to burn down his apartment. However, Fire crews were already on scene and immediately put out the fire. He was arrested around 10:15 p.m. Police released very few details about the case and said it was “very serious and open and active.” Police arrested Mounir Rhoulam, 34, of 364 Ocean Ave. #209, and charged him with indecent assault and battery on a person 14 or under, arson of a dwelling, malicious destruction of property over $250, furnishing a false name and disorderly conduct.

More coincidence. I mean, what if they came upon this guy and a plot, tried to turn him and it did not work? So we have a guy who set an apartment on fire who is connected to this attack based on the warrant and someone in a hospital who is 'not allowed to leave'. Again, call it what you want to be PC but if there was nothing here he would not be being held and not allowed to leave.

It all sounds like BS to me....

edit on 16-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by esdad71 because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia. Dosn't that mean we have to attack Iraq? Or Iran? We are already attacking Afganastan Because of the last group of Saudis that attacked the US.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
America is the biggest supporter of terrorism, I'm surprised that this hasn't happened before. And when it happens everyone overreacts and expects and invasion. Then they regret it when it backlashes at them. America is a joke in my sight.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

We're (the U.S.) too tight with Saudi Arabia to go to war with them. After all, after 911 only government officials and Saudi officials were allowed to fly in U.S. airspace.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The alphabet agencies sucking a trillion dollars out of the US economy to make us safe by monitoring communications did not stop this or warn us. They had to have known.
Let us start monitoring those agencies known to be on scene before hand. DHS would be a good one.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothernut

Saudi Arabia. Dosn't that mean we have to attack Iraq? Or Iran? We are already attacking Afganastan Because of the last group of Saudis that attacked the US.
I heard the bombs were in back packs. If that is the case, I propose we ban back packs! Everyone knows people with back packs don’t kill people, it’s the back packs that kill people…

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join